Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Loot drops has to be random else ppl will get geared in a few months and then quit wow til next raid, its bad for blizzard business.

Speaking of rng for 25man groups.

Our 2nd madness kill occurred this week, we got 3 AGI axes (100% de'd).

2nd kill, and half the loot was sharded.

3 agi axes, 2 bows, 1 gurth. Luckily we added a new hunter, or that other bow would of been as well.

Speaking specifically on Madness as an example, I think they could implement a smart loot system for that for 10 mans. The only reason I think that fight specifically, and perhaps other end of tier bosses is that on madness you're dealing with higher item levels and specific loot slots; weapons in this case. I know that RNG can be RNG but 25 mans get what? 5 weapons per kill opposed to 2 for 10 man. The odds of none of the 5 weapons being useful is significantly smaller than none of the 2, and to take that even further, our 10 man kill this week had 2 of the Kiril, Fury of Beasts, which no one in raid could use - has a 25 man ever had 5 of the exact same weapon drop? I see "we got 3 axes" " we got 2 daggers" etc and yeah, that's crap and useless, but has the entire loot table ever been a bust where you got 5 daggers with no rogues or 5 bows with no hunters? I don't think 10 mans want tailored loot which will make gearing up a breeze, but even just smarter loot where it says "ok, no hunter's, bow chance to drop reduced by 1%" even or something silly like that. Not to tailor loot entirely but remove some of the *blatant* stupidity of it.

When nothing but the same exact token drops for 3 weeks and all you only have two people out of ten that can use it, it gets a little annoying. An offspec isn't supposed to be more geared than another person's main in the same guild group.

What I'd like to see is an NPC in DS that you can hand in gear that would otherwise get disenchanted for loot tokens. One piece of gear, one token. Four tokens, you get to buy a drop. (Five for spine, six for madness.) Because, clearly, what raiding guilds need are more maelstroms.

hopeful, the next loot chance thing works out

There was a guy who did a statistical analysis back at the beginning of "The Cataclysm". It worked out that 25 man gear up something like three or four times faster overall than a 10 man does. Assuming perfectly balanced groups.

Somewhere in all the threads since then someone could probably dig it up.

You get geared faster in 25man because the higher number of drops per boss is less rng than 10man.

Its not too bad, but there is a difference.

That 'gold if you dont get an item' thing is LFR i think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volante View Post
    What I'd like to see is an NPC in DS that you can hand in gear that would otherwise get disenchanted for loot tokens. One piece of gear, one token. Four tokens, you get to buy a drop. (Five for spine, six for madness.) Because, clearly, what raiding guilds need are more maelstroms.
    I like the idea actually. Maybe not exactly buying a drop but at least buying something that you can't get from valor. Maybe take all the shared loot from the bosses and have that be what can be bought.
    "I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!!!"

Well first 10-man gets tier gear faster than 25man. But we get way more wasted non-tier than most 25 mans every could.(Statistically speaking)Which is arguably the loot that provides the best gains over lfr. What they need to do is reduce the amount of different loot that can drop and make shared drops on it's on slot or remove them all together.

One thing that would go a long way is making trinkets/weapons BoE and getting a "firestone" type item to upgrade it to heroic. I started playing again 1 week before FL so I didn't get to see how that played out. But to me it seems like a much better method of preventing double dodge trinket spine syndrome. Another change in right direction would be to bring back the tier token from ToC. Get whichever piece you needed for whatever class needed it. Hell even a HELM OF THE AWESOME ALL CLASSES CAN TRADE ME IN FOR TIER HELM .... would be nice.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-04-07 at 06:32 AM.

Deleted
    I don't see why Blizzard don't just allow class specific drops only.

The bonus roll system works as follows as I understand it:

• You get an item.
    • You can choose to use that item on any boss kill.
    • The item functions much like a scratch off ticket.
    • The game rolls 1-2. If you get a 1, you don't get anything. If you get a 2, you get something.
    • The game then rolls 1-10 if you rolled a 2. If you roll 1-3, you get various potions/flasks/enchants/food type stuff. If you roll a 4, you get gold. If you roll 5-10, you get an item that is useful for your class from the boss's loot table.
    This will hopefully alleviate a lot of the loot issues plaguing 10-man groups. I've actually never seen a vial drop from a 10-man group and I've been full clearing DS on two characters since it came out.
    Last edited by Iracor; 2012-04-07 at 06:36 AM.