Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    A lot of people are overthinking this. All you do is for the 1st impale on each platform, your tank takes it with a cd.

On the 2nd, at 6 seconds to impale cd (DBM is very accurate) your tank runs out of melee range and your hunter/shadow priest runs in so he not in melee range but closer to the tentacle than the tank is. Your melee also run out to be behidn the hunter/priest. The soaker then activates his deterrance/dispersion and as soon as you get the message "Impale on *dude's name*" your tank taunts and runs back in. Easy.

There is next to no dps loss if you have a hunter who can play properly, a priest might lose some but not a hunter as they can disengage to where they need to be and if they stand correctly they will only need to move a few steps. Or even none at all depending on your tactic/platform.
    Last edited by CptAwesome; 2012-04-03 at 06:39 PM.

Use the Hunter instead of the Rogue except for blue platform (they can cloak the bolt's blast after the impale.) I've been doing it on our run for fantastic results.

6 seconds until second impale. Tank and melee move out, I move in, Deterrence, Feign Death when Impale is on me for a second or two, Disengage, repeat on next platform.

We use our Rogue for the blue platform though as the bolt comes down at an awkward time. We just have him Evasion, Vanish, then Cloak right before the bolt hits.

It's incredibly easy after a few practice attempts.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2012-04-03 at 07:01 PM.

To lazy to read if someone posted this, BUT if your worrying about your spriest/rouge/hunter taking regular melee hits then your bad/dumb.

have everyone be pretty far back, and have your rouge, spriest, hunter be OUT of melee range but still be the closet to the corruption. Therefore they wont take ANY melee hits but will still get the impale. easy breezy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere in the Azerothian sky, on a dragon.
    I play a shadow priest and I take the 2nd impale. Its not hard, but it does get slightly confusing sometimes with everything else going on. It's all about rhythm and timing.

we used a shadowpriest for it since the 5% buff and its been perfect. Tank calls out 5sec before impale for all melee to run out, priest moves inn as the closest person without entering melee range of the corruption, we do that on all 4 platforms

have him glyph cloak and even if he gets melee'ed it wont matter its how we did it. and our rogue only died like 4 times to melee out of like 100 tries before we killed it and most of those were to him forgetting to cloak. if he had cloaked he would have died like twice. if your prot paly is not stupid just have him glyph salv and watch his timer and he doesnt have to leave melee either he salv's himself at 2 seconds left then /cancelaura right after impale goes out and your rogue literly has only 2 seconds he can get melee'ed.

The way we do it is have our rogue/hunter alternate.

Each time the rogue is about to soak the impale I BoP him so that he isn't gibbed by a melee swing before the impale. For our hunter he pops deterrance as the tank runs out to mitigate any melee hits as well as the impale.

Hope this helps. Best of luck!

We two tank three heal it and as long as your dps is good you won't have any problems.

If you would prefer to two tank it, what I do as a prot paladin for the 4th platform is just bubble the bolt damage and pop all my cooldowns for the impale. You would have to make sure the prot paladin was soaking EVERY second impale in order for his cooldowns to be up in time though.

You do realise, that tanks do considerable amount of dps nowadays, so by swapping tank for dps you gain what? - 10-15k raid dps? It's a bit more on madness (only the number, not the percentage of damage) due to fight mechanics, but you can safely ignore it.

Also don't forget you'll have to deal with a last platform and 2 tanks are more convenient there. Besides, tank brings raid cd to survive through tentacles/bolt/harsh aoe on last platform. One-tanking is just not worth it.

Use a Shadowpriest

i play a shadowpriest and we downed h madness with me ( shadowpriest ) taking every 2nd impale on every platform.
    dispersion will be up for every 2nd imaple.
    all you have to do is tell everyone who is close to the tenticle to get away ( switch to the bolt since bolt and 2nd imaple are close together ) and glyph hand of salv the tank so he drops to 0 threat.
    i stand ON the tank as long as he uses a glyphed hand of salv on himself at 3 seconds before the tenticle chooses its target for imaple i get every 2nd imaple with np.
    the hardest one to time is the blue platform but its still pretty easy just have to disperse before bolt lands like .5 seconds before it hits is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthalas View Post
    You do realise, that tanks do considerable amount of dps nowadays, so by swapping tank for dps you gain what? - 10-15k raid dps? It's a bit more on madness (only the number, not the percentage of damage) due to fight mechanics, but you can safely ignore it.

Also don't forget you'll have to deal with a last platform and 2 tanks are more convenient there. Besides, tank brings raid cd to survive through tentacles/bolt/harsh aoe on last platform. One-tanking is just not worth it.
    To each his own. We 1 tank it just fine using priest/rogue for impales and the last platform is a joke for tanks now. Terrors do a lot less damage and die super quick. Get a taunt from a DK/feral/warrior/holy paladin to reeset stacks on both sets and it's super easy.

why not just drop a healer instead of a tank, they are basically another dps these days

Deleted
    I would also drop a healer tbh, a third healer doesnt really provide anything but you loose precious dps during cataclysm. I killed this with my guild using 2 healers, 1 tank and having our rogue/hunter take turns on the 2nd impale, making sure the rogue had cds up for the last platform. Parasites are nothing to be scared of anymore and just have your shadowpriests hymn during the bolt and you should be fine.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Boudiccea View Post
    I would also drop a healer tbh, a third healer doesnt really provide anything but you loose precious dps during cataclysm. I killed this with my guild using 2 healers, 1 tank and having our rogue/hunter take turns on the 2nd impale, making sure the rogue had cds up for the last platform. Parasites are nothing to be scared of anymore and just have your shadowpriests hymn during the bolt and you should be fine.

Good luck!
    IDK, we killed it today with 21 seconds left on 4th platform cataclysm, not lusting, using 3 healers 1 tank. Noone really needs the extra DPS nowadays, i'd argue the security of 3 healers is better.

Well I heard the 3rd AoE tick just before bloods on the deathwing platform (80k ticks if I remember well, maybe less with nerfs) makes is really difficult to 2 heal it, but then again, we only tried this one night and went to 3rd platform, so I wouldn't know about the last one. So I wouldn't mind feedbacks from healers about that one.

Thanks for the suggestions, seems like the big issue was keeping our rogue in melee range, but that was a suggestion from a friend who did it that way, where their rogues was in melee range with a Hand of Protection on him to avoid getting hit... seems likely we'll try to do it with the priest or hunter for convenience, and maybe keep 2 tanking it.

I appreciate the help.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    We use 3healers 2tanks and kill it with about a minute left on enrage (we do however use a feral). And we even wait around a bit on the last platform for the 2nd set of fragments to spawn. A priest healer on the last platform is pretty much equal to one of the weaker dps classes on the congeling bloods in terms of dps with mind sear.

You are missing the key point of rogue impale soaking. Just before the Impale everybody including your rogue should move outside of the melee range of the Mutated Corruption, just make sure your rogue is the one standing closest to it. This way the rogue does not get melee hit and can vanish the Impale without taking any damage at all. Simple