Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Any sources for this? I'd like to believe it, but I kind of want a source.
    Arlee is correct. I can't seem to find the source as it was a while ago but they increased the server limit by quite a bit.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    I think "The Republic Fleet = Stormwind" answers the question, at least for most people on this forum.

    I think you're just mad because most people seem to be fleeing from your game of choice. I gave my opinion, shared my observations, and that's that. Sorry if they hurt your feelings buddy.
    But your observation didn't answer the question that you quoted. It was simply a veiled attempt to bash the game. My feelings weren't hurt, you presume far to much I'm afraid. Rather I think I would point out that people who take every opportunity as a concealed attempt to bash the game should perhaps think twice and wait for a more opportune time to do so instead of looking for a stretch. "Buddy".
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-04-03 at 07:26 PM.

  3. #83
    Their Dev Tracker leaves a lot to be desired to when it comes to trying to find old info ><

  4. #84
    I've had a good time with it. Has a good story to it, and the fact that each class has it's own story gives it some replayability. The only time I've ever experienced a terrible bug was a while back in a WZ and I fell through the floor and into space, then was dc'd, nothing else. My server (Jedi Covenant) population is pretty good as well. My guild alone averages 40ish people being online and the Republic fleet gets to around 130-140 during prime hours. There's always a good amount of people running around the planets as well.

    I enjoy the PvP a lot, my biggest criticism would be that there's too much CC across the board. Not fun to get stunned one after the other and not be able to do anything.

    I hate leveling, but I found the storyline in the class quests to be a good distraction from a lot of the boringness that you'll find in any mmo leveling experience. Trooper storyline is expecially good, hunting down your old special forces squad members who turned on you early on.

    The game definetly isn't a "raid or die" experience, and I think people who rush through it just to start raiding are gonna be dissapointed. I quit wow originally because I got very tired of raiding, and all of my friends quit after they got fed up. The whole server (Dunemaul) kind of died off and I would log on every now and then just to check in on the game and get bored since my friends weren't playing anymore. Dunemaul is a step away from dead and I really didn't feel motivated to transfer.

    I enjoy it, and if anything this thread should show that everyone likes different things. I've read some people complaining about something that someone else claims to be the greatest thing ever in Swtor. Just depends.

  5. #85
    People arguing about subs should just wait for the official reports for Q1. It won't be that long now I would guess. I haven't played the game in over a month so I wouldn't know how my server's faring these days.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  6. #86
    I played for the first month and then quit. I have friends who are still playing, though. While the whole voice-acting story thing is interesting, the gameplay is just WoW all over again, and that's not going to keep me interested. Tera's gameplay with SWTOR's story and some non-WoW questing would be ideal... I'm hoping Guild Wars 2 will be that game. If not, I'm probably done with MMO's until something revolutionary drops.

  7. #87
    Fluffy Kitten
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Any sources for this? I'd like to believe it, but I kind of want a source.
    They did change the classifications at one point to raise the server population caps. I'm trying to find the source as well.


    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I could see if I could dig it up... but they said it ages ago and is now buried in a mas of dev postings.
    Yeah, I'm trying to dig that up as well. I'm nto a huge fan of their Dev tracker either

  8. #88
    Eh, I'll just take your word for it.

  9. #89
    What is SWTOR? Never heard of it before.



    <Mod Edit: Please post constructively.>
    Last edited by Azuri; 2012-04-03 at 08:08 PM.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    The funny thing is, neither one of these titles that you claim are "in trouble" are going to bat an eye when other games, let alone GW2, are released.

    I've got nothing against GW2, in fact I'm greatly looking forward to it, however I think the community as a whole is going to get a wake up call when they turn it on and can't find any exclamation points above NPCs heads or arrows on the map. Just a quick example of many.
    GW2 looks to be a great game but people are killing it with their hype before it can get out the gate.

  11. #91
    I am Murloc! SirRobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Counciltucky
    Posts
    5,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Eh, I'll just take your word for it.
    Well early access started on December 13th and it was a week or so before that when devs stated they were going to raise server caps over time.

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-03 at 02:45 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    What is SWTOR? Never heard of it before.
    I cringed every time that G4 guy called it "swotor."

    Ugh...

    TOR suits it just fine.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    GW2 looks to be a great game but people are killing it with their hype before it can get out the gate.
    This right here! I have nothing against GW2 but I just don't have any interest in it. I went into TOR expecting a WoW-lookalike. I got what I expected. I didn't think it would be any industry changing game and I'm enjoying it. People who are overhyping GW2 are going to end up disliking it and we're going to see this whole hate start ALL over again.

    It was just like when WoW was being released. The EQ forums were full of so much hate. Its a never ending situation.

  13. #93
    Pretty goddamn tired of having to defend this game.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Pretty goddamn tired of having to defend this game.
    That is why I stopped. Haters are going to hate. That expression works here. Competition is very healthy, yet the current generation of gamers feel like competition is BAD. I don't understand it. That is why I just bite my tongue now.

  15. #95
    The Lightbringer Tarien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,634
    I only played to around 35ish and then stopped. While the quest storyline's are great the quests themselves are no different, kill ten wolves, collect ten wolf fangs. Rinse and repeat. I could already see that the story and the choices were merely icing to disguise the same old cake. I don't really care about the LFG tool at all, I prefer doing dungeons without it. The game is much more fun with friends, and I never have issues making friends in MMOs. What I did care about was the lack of multiple specs and the inability to respec, that was awful and a real turn off.

    I also heard some pretty bad things about the end game raiding, though I never got there myself. That was what ultimately made me decide it wasn't worth going on with. I'm really into my raids, almost hard core with it, but when I heard that people were skipping the normal content and clearing the hard and nightmare modes within a couple weeks of launch that was the final nail in the coffin.

    I also found the crafting to be horrificly bad, so much so that I just didn't bother with it, I planned to sort it out once I got to max level. Complete lack of UI customisation was also an annoyance and I found the UI to be as ugly as sin. I am pretty sure that it is Lucas Arts or whoever holds the rights to the Star Wars franchise that enforces that style and color scheme, as it was almost the exact same layout as in SWG and good lord it was somehow even uglier. I expected something sleek and futuristic, not cheap and cartoony looking.

    The graphics and music were pretty good. Not a massive fan of the stylised art but it was done reasonably well and some of the zones looked pretty sweet. I found the enclosed nature of the planets annoying after playing SWG which was a sandbox completely open world, and WoW/AoC/Aion/RIFT etc etc which all have massive open worlds.

    Almost all of my oldest MMO friends rolled on the same server with me, but as far as I know none of them play any more. One went back to WoW, I am back with RIFT, and the other half dozen or so are all taking a break from MMOs. I think the game was so hyped and such a let down that it has kind of killed their desire to play. I hear that SWTOR is often referred to as 'TORtanic' now, and I can kinda understand why, it was definitely over hyped and in my eyes is a slightly below average MMO. Shame really, as I love the Star Wars universe.

    Anyway that's my take, all just opinion tho
    Playing: WoW (10/14HC), BF3
    PC: i5 4670k @ 4.4GHz // 2x GTX 780 // 16GB DDR3 // 750GB Samsung 840 EVO // 3x 27" 1440p
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it. - H. Ford

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    That is why I stopped. Haters are going to hate. That expression works here. Competition is very healthy, yet the current generation of gamers feel like competition is BAD. I don't understand it. That is why I just bite my tongue now.
    Or, maybe people really are just disappointed with the game. Let's be honest, it didn't live up to expectations. I wish it did. You shouldn't have to feel like you have to defend the game. Doing so is just as bad as people that come to bash it. If you like the game, then that is awesome, but it is pretty obvious that it isn't what many people hoped. That could be because of unfilled hype, expectations that were too high, or because the game really just isn't that great.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Pretty goddamn tired of having to defend this game.
    Pretty god damn tired of people not realizing its obvious flaws.

    I like it, just not enough to play it anymore. Interesting single player game. Have moved on. I see more people in a Team Fortress game than I do in SW:ToR. Guess that makes TF2 an MMO >.>

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    Or, maybe people really are just disappointed with the game. Let's be honest, it didn't live up to expectations. I wish it did. You shouldn't have to feel like you have to defend the game. Doing so is just as bad as people that come to bash it. If you like the game, then that is awesome, but it is pretty obvious that it isn't what many people hoped. That could be because of unfilled hype, expectations that were too high, or because the game really just isn't that great.
    Opinions are like assholes and I am tired of sniffing them.

  19. #99
    I am Murloc! SirRobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Counciltucky
    Posts
    5,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Eh, I'll just take your word for it.
    Dug around for it and couldn't find it. Then I remembered why. Around launch, on the 20th of December, BioWare wiped their forums. Everything from before the wipe, like the year plus Space Combat thread, was erased. So unless one of the fansites saved it you are not going to find a post from a dev stating they were gradually raising caps during early access and launch.

  20. #100
    The Lightbringer Tarien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,634
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Opinions are like assholes and I am tired of sniffing them.
    Erm, stop reading the forums then? It's 90% opinion in here
    Playing: WoW (10/14HC), BF3
    PC: i5 4670k @ 4.4GHz // 2x GTX 780 // 16GB DDR3 // 750GB Samsung 840 EVO // 3x 27" 1440p
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it. - H. Ford

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •