Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghobe View Post
    The latest rumor is end of April for the release of 1.2, and this is what it was moved to after they decided that raiding in particular needed more testing(which is more of the reason why it wasn't released last week).

    From what I'm hearing from our contacts over in the actual raid beta testers, is that Explosive Conflict(the new OP) is going to be a major wake up call. Anyone who called the release raids easy(which I find funny since such a small amount of the community has actually downed A boss on nightmare much less all of them even less so, gotten their timed titles) is pretty much going to be kicked in the balls and while they're bending over and gasping for air, a blaster will be put into their mouth and fired. The top guild on our a server is having extreme issues with the FIRST BOSS on story(normal) mode, and it's not because of bugs, it's that brutal. I can tell you right now, if you're not in at least 3/4 rakata you WILL be one shot.

    GO GO SPOILERS ZOMG!
    The first boss of the raid has been described in a number of ways, ranging from Twin Emps, to Jarg and Sorno being fused with murder droids. It's a double boss fight if you couldn't figure it out. It requires two tanks for multiple reasons. That first reason, if the mobs are next to each other they receive a massive damage boost, which if they're still near, even full rakata'd tanks will be one shot. Second, they put a stack debuff causing tank swapping. Third, along with that tank swap, they also need to be pulled back quite often. Every so often one of the mobs leaps to the other and causes a 17k damage aoe(reminder: normal). I haven't been clued into the rest of the mechanics, but that's what I've been told is the toughest part of that particular fight.
    END SPOILERS END!

    And in terms of current raid content available in the game, I don't feel it's unforgiving enough. Bugs be damned, but if they were all fixed, the encounters would be a joke for the most part. For example, Soa's(final boss of eternity vault) platforming phases don't get harder between difficulties outside of the dot MIGHT kill you if your healers are lagging out. Quite frankly, they could have dramatically increased the number of Ancient Power Sources and Orb counts that needed to be removed. Hard mode probably could have easily required 15 to absolve all orbs, and nightmare could have probably taken it to another level(which it should have) and required 25(I believe that was the max per platforming phase that could be destroyed) to absolve as many orbs as you could and would still leave 3-5 orbs on him. We spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to take out all the Ancient Power Sources to try and fix the orb issue, and we discovered that by doing so we were actually bugging the encounter >.> Bonethrasher on nightmare is probably the most challenging boss non-bugged, which is kind of sad considering he's the first boss.

    Quite frankly, I'm excited for EC, especially if it's bug free and provides a challenge that comes in terms of mechanics rather than bugs.

    This concerns me to an extent and it's because of the experience we had in cataclysm. Raid tuning is a very fine thing to try and do and while I hope BW does look to add more challenge I hope story mode still reflects the spirit of being for "story". To easy is definitely not a good thing but to hard at this point is also gonna be a huge wake up call and I'm calling it here and now prefer for crying about it.

  2. #122
    Fluffy Kitten
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,167
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Yea... It didn't even occur to me to look on Darthater >< Ima bad mod, QQ

    GJ though Dakia
    Oh, I did some hard Google searching and diving through the Dev tracker trying to find something more concrete. In the end, that is what I found. I really wish they would provide more concrete data.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    See this is the exact filth I am talking about. (Not you poster, but your message).

    This is the exact same thing as buying Final Fantasy, or Mass Effect, and only playing the combat scenes, then turning off the audio and video of everything else, then playing half way thru and calling the game shit.

    Thank you for proving my point.
    And it means nothing. I mean all the guys I know who bought rift have quit. All the guys I know who bought warcraft has quit. Those games must be in trouble because my personal experience just has to be the truth. Logic hurts...

  4. #124
    Fluffy Kitten
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,167
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghobe View Post
    From what I'm hearing from our contacts over in the actual raid beta testers, is that Explosive Conflict(the new OP) is going to be a major wake up call. Anyone who called the release raids easy(which I find funny since such a small amount of the community has actually downed A boss on nightmare much less all of them even less so, gotten their timed titles) is pretty much going to be kicked in the balls and while they're bending over and gasping for air, a blaster will be put into their mouth and fired. The top guild on our a server is having extreme issues with the FIRST BOSS on story(normal) mode, and it's not because of bugs, it's that brutal. I can tell you right now, if you're not in at least 3/4 rakata you WILL be one shot.
    I've been hearing that as well and it has me super excited. On the topic of the story mode, I don't think that is going to be the difficulty that we actually see. There has been a lot of speculation that the tuning for what is listed as Story Mode is actually going to be the normal mode. I'm super excited for some punishing NiM bosses.

  5. #125
    This here ship is sinking faster then the titanic, yo!


    <Mod Edit: Please post constructively>
    Last edited by Azuri; 2012-04-03 at 08:57 PM.

  6. #126
    Pit Lord philefluxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Silicon Highway
    Posts
    2,304
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    This concerns me to an extent and it's because of the experience we had in cataclysm. Raid tuning is a very fine thing to try and do and while I hope BW does look to add more challenge I hope story mode still reflects the spirit of being for "story". To easy is definitely not a good thing but to hard at this point is also gonna be a huge wake up call and I'm calling it here and now prefer for crying about it.
    I agree completely. While I love a good challenge, I dont expect everyone else to need their "balls kicked in" to have a good time. Aside from a bit lackluster endgame my only gripe at this time is the fact that populations are dropping to the point where not having a dungeon finder is a "kick in the balls".

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    I've been hearing that as well and it has me super excited. On the topic of the story mode, I don't think that is going to be the difficulty that we actually see. There has been a lot of speculation that the tuning for what is listed as Story Mode is actually going to be the normal mode. I'm super excited for some punishing NiM bosses.
    EC will only have 2 difficulties: Story Mode and Hard Mode. There is no nightmare, and story mode is the new name for normal.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    And it means nothing. I mean all the guys I know who bought rift have quit. All the guys I know who bought warcraft has quit. Those games must be in trouble because my personal experience just has to be the truth. Logic hurts...

    Were you replying to me or?....

  9. #129
    Bloodsail Admiral Horrid Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands, EU
    Posts
    1,199
    It's a nice game, but basically every quest is "kill x amount of y", and then you get to the endgame and there just isn't that much to do.
    I quit 3 weeks ago because I got bored of it really fast. Hopefully in the future they will improve.

  10. #130
    Fluffy Kitten
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,167
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghobe View Post
    EC will only have 2 difficulties: Story Mode and Hard Mode. There is no nightmare, and story mode is the new name for normal.
    I thought they where retaining NiM? At least, they mentioned at the guild summit that 1.2 would see a bump in difficulty for the NiM in the new raid.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    I've been hearing that as well and it has me super excited. On the topic of the story mode, I don't think that is going to be the difficulty that we actually see. There has been a lot of speculation that the tuning for what is listed as Story Mode is actually going to be the normal mode. I'm super excited for some punishing NiM bosses.
    Explosive Conflict is actually really challenging on Hardmode. I have not tried it on 8man but 16man is DEFINITELY pushing us to our limits. We believe things need a little more tuning but this content is definitely not a pushover and will require people to all be on their game.

    I currently clear all 16man Nightmare content on Tuesday nights... so that is my current raid experience. (If that gives you an idea of how challenging this new content is)

    Also Nightmare mode will drop better gear as a reward for conquering its content. I'm stoked.

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-03 at 08:58 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghobe View Post
    EC will only have 2 difficulties: Story Mode and Hard Mode. There is no nightmare, and story mode is the new name for normal.
    Nightmare mode will be released shortly after 1.2 comes out. They are just fine tuning things a little more before they release it.

  12. #132
    I think swtor has stabilized, I doubt it will get any more subs then now but it's pretty good atm. I don't hate swtor, but it wasn't for me, I didn't like the companion system and the leveling got abit dull as it was the same thing over and over through the whole thing. I haven't deleted it yet, once it gets abit better dungeons and raids I might give it a shot once again.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Aside from a bit lackluster endgame my only gripe at this time is the fact that populations are dropping to the point where not having free transfers and server mergers to consolidate the population is a "kick in the balls".
    Fixed it for you, cure the disease not the symptom.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  14. #134
    Ahh, well then. Don't mind me. This is the first I've heard of Nightmare in 1.2.

  15. #135
    Legendary! Callace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ivory Tower
    Posts
    6,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    They're working hard to release 1.2 (legacy system, new operations, new warzones, rated warzones, more dailies), and eventually dungeon finders. End-game is so so with raids being a bit...bland. Leveling is fantastic, though, with a very immersive, class-specific storyline (though it gets old if you do it more than once).

    I think it's a promising game.
    Isn't LFG right around the corner, like 1.3?

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Were you replying to me or?....
    The guy you quoted i was extending your argument a bit.

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghobe View Post
    Ahh, well then. Don't mind me. This is the first I've heard of Nightmare in 1.2.
    Its fine! They said directly during the panel that they were going to add it a little after 1.2 in order to get it all set up and ready to go seeing as it will have better loot to reward hardcore players.

  18. #138
    If anyone is interested in the actual future of the game and not random speculation or conjecture of people with an axe to grind the guild panel summits are all up on the web and should give you an idea of how committed BW is to this game.



    That's the video from the operations developer summit. Hey arlee do you think you think it would be worth posting all the vids in a seperate post or would this be enough? Ohlen has hinted at a secret project with space a couple times now.. I wonder
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-04-03 at 09:26 PM.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    They have already stated that server transfers are coming. I think the soft ETA was 1.3 or 1.4
    Then by rerolling or transferring servers. You missed the point completely, which was they're NOT going to merge servers. I'd put any amount of money on it.

  20. #140
    You can really ask all day, but it really boils down to: How's immersed will I be into a game that is using the lore of a series I either cared about or have no idea about? I myself got caught by this. Sure, in the end, it feels like the typical MMO people are use to, but I just didn't care for it, even after giving it a shot. Why? I just do not like.......well let me state that differently; I just simply don't have a clue or interest in Star Wars. I'm fine with this. I never grew up as a kid, chasing others like I was a jedi, bounty hunter, or sith. I remember the movies as a kid, and they never really stuck to me. I was more into the whole fantasy stuff, I watched the movie Legend (Tom Cruise and Tim Curry) more times than I have Star Wars 4, 5, and 6 combined. It also helped that Diablo 2, Starcraft, and Warcraft 2/3 played a big part of my life.

    Weird though, is that some people actually manage to go pass what turned me off of it. My buddy never cared for Star Wars much, but now he's still with the game and now wanting to get all the books he can get his hands on because he just wants to know about all this extra tidbits (won't be much because it's KoToR setting, but he doesn't mind). He's into the whole jedi vs sith thing, like he tries to compare it to a religious point of view (he's like that). He grew up thinking the movies looked cheesy, but now he owns all of them.
    Last edited by CanthonyDB; 2012-04-03 at 09:33 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •