Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Opinions are like assholes and I am tired of sniffing them.
    Or maybe it's time to step back and have a broader look at things. It's ok to like a game even if other people don't like it. But just having an opinion doesn't make your opinion correct, or the majority view or whatever.

I hear the "opinion" excuse used over and over on this forum. As if having an "opinion" on this forum lets you ignore reality and justifies your world view without any evidence. I didn't even express an opinion on the game, mere speculation as to why some people might not like the game. /shrug

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    2 weeks at most. I would bet my house on it.
    Personally, I think the smart money is on the 17th. 1.2 is being showcased at PAX this weekend and the 10th is likely too close to that to be a possibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    Personally, I think the smart money is on the 17th. 1.2 is being showcased at PAX this weekend and the 10th is likely too close to that to be a possibility.
    Which in itself sorta pisses me off. Im not going to PAX, I the customer, am waiting patiently at home for 1.2. Why the hell is PAX even a concern at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    I'll bet they at least tell us at PAX what the plan is. I agree the 10th is too close to it, but it is possible that by PAX they will have it ready, will announce it at PAX then do it, though the 17th is still much more likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    What? Pretty sure Im not banned, but thanks for your super input chief.
    Hehe...

I come to these forums to read up on changes, how people are approaching pvp differently, ideas on better stats, etc. Sadly, there hasnt been anything good in a while.

I cant wait will GW2 comes out, so all the trolls and leeches can go shit all over that game. Then maybe these forums will be useful again.
    Meh... Its not like we have seen this same pattern over and over again for years now. Even after GW2 finally launches I figure TOR will continue to attract a lot of curiosity and ire. It was the biggest development project ever, in EA's history after all. All that money and time. Yeah, it will keep the internet mill well fed for years.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

What? Pretty sure Im not banned, but thanks for your super input chief.

I come to these forums to read up on changes, how people are approaching pvp differently, ideas on better stats, etc. Sadly, there hasnt been anything good in a while.

I cant wait will GW2 comes out, so all the trolls and leeches can go shit all over that game. Then maybe these forums will be useful again.
    I couldn't have said this better myself. I too used to come to these forums for the same reasons, but I've turned to other communities for information and just read this forum for entertainment when I'm bored.

10+ Year Old Account
    After being super excited about it, pre-ordering the collector's edition the day pre-orders were allowed. Playing the beta nonstop from the first day until launch. Then leveling during the "head-start" period. Buying a 6 month subscription since the game was so awesome after the first couple days of leveling. After getting to 50 and doing everything the game had to offer. I haven't logged on in almost 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    After being super excited about it, pre-ordering the collector's edition the day pre-orders were allowed. Playing the beta nonstop from the first day until launch. Then leveling during the "head-start" period. Buying a 6 month subscription since the game was so awesome after the first couple days of leveling. After getting to 50 and doing everything the game had to offer. I haven't logged on in almost 2 months.

Sounds like your own fault. Did you ever take time to enjoy the game lol?

For all those that take low pop servers as some indication how many people left the game, ToFN had over 100 people in fleet on republic side well before noon today, while the general population has gone down a bit for sure, a lot has rerolled to a high pop server thus not decreasing the overall population.

For the OP, it's a solid game that is getting a lot of QoL stuff with 1.2 that should be out in a couple of weeks, the most pressing issue at this point in my opinion is the lack of mergers and or free transfer period to consolidate the population after the initial drop that all MMO's suffer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I made it to 37 within about two weeks of buying the game, and just burned myself out doing it. I hadn't touched the toon in about two months, and played about 3 nights ago for an hour and a half. I didn't get half a level of experience, it was pretty depressing.

Personally, I find the leveling Painfully slow, and a bore. The constant cut scenes are just time sinks, i just spam space button to get through them. The apparent lack of end game gives me no desire to finish leveling. I am gonna log back in after 1.2 drops, and give it another couple evenings , and probably cancel my sub.

Cause, all the people that I know who bought it day 1 , and leveled to 50 , aren't playing it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    This is exactly why I no longer read up on games ahead of time, well, not too much, and try to avoid beta's when possible. All getting hyped does is lead to let down and playing beta does is make the game not have that fresh feel when you start playing and replaces it with a been there done that feeling. Both make the game less fun for me after launch. I'd rather go in blind and enjoy the game for what is there without prior knowledge.

That said, with SWTOR, I actually did start reading up on it a little early and did play in 2 of the weekend betas. Still enjoying the game though as I did not go overboard with either one. Playing non-stop during beta would ruin a game for me, I'd hit burnout before launch. Moderation is your friend.

The latest rumor is end of April for the release of 1.2, and this is what it was moved to after they decided that raiding in particular needed more testing(which is more of the reason why it wasn't released last week).

From what I'm hearing from our contacts over in the actual raid beta testers, is that Explosive Conflict(the new OP) is going to be a major wake up call. Anyone who called the release raids easy(which I find funny since such a small amount of the community has actually downed A boss on nightmare much less all of them even less so, gotten their timed titles) is pretty much going to be kicked in the balls and while they're bending over and gasping for air, a blaster will be put into their mouth and fired. The top guild on our a server is having extreme issues with the FIRST BOSS on story(normal) mode, and it's not because of bugs, it's that brutal. I can tell you right now, if you're not in at least 3/4 rakata you WILL be one shot.

GO GO SPOILERS ZOMG!
    The first boss of the raid has been described in a number of ways, ranging from Twin Emps, to Jarg and Sorno being fused with murder droids. It's a double boss fight if you couldn't figure it out. It requires two tanks for multiple reasons. That first reason, if the mobs are next to each other they receive a massive damage boost, which if they're still near, even full rakata'd tanks will be one shot. Second, they put a stack debuff causing tank swapping. Third, along with that tank swap, they also need to be pulled back quite often. Every so often one of the mobs leaps to the other and causes a 17k damage aoe(reminder: normal). I haven't been clued into the rest of the mechanics, but that's what I've been told is the toughest part of that particular fight.
    END SPOILERS END!

And in terms of current raid content available in the game, I don't feel it's unforgiving enough. Bugs be damned, but if they were all fixed, the encounters would be a joke for the most part. For example, Soa's(final boss of eternity vault) platforming phases don't get harder between difficulties outside of the dot MIGHT kill you if your healers are lagging out. Quite frankly, they could have dramatically increased the number of Ancient Power Sources and Orb counts that needed to be removed. Hard mode probably could have easily required 15 to absolve all orbs, and nightmare could have probably taken it to another level(which it should have) and required 25(I believe that was the max per platforming phase that could be destroyed) to absolve as many orbs as you could and would still leave 3-5 orbs on him. We spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to take out all the Ancient Power Sources to try and fix the orb issue, and we discovered that by doing so we were actually bugging the encounter >.> Bonethrasher on nightmare is probably the most challenging boss non-bugged, which is kind of sad considering he's the first boss.

Quite frankly, I'm excited for EC, especially if it's bug free and provides a challenge that comes in terms of mechanics rather than bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Nice find. Should have searched there. They were really good about saving stuff.
    Yea... It didn't even occur to me to look on Darthater >< Ima bad mod, QQ

GJ though Dakia

Quote Originally Posted by zrankfappa View Post
    I made it to 37 within about two weeks of buying the game, and just burned myself out doing it. I hadn't touched the toon in about two months, and played about 3 nights ago for an hour and a half. I didn't get half a level of experience, it was pretty depressing.

Personally, I find the leveling Painfully slow, and a bore. The constant cut scenes are just time sinks, i just spam space button to get through them. The apparent lack of end game gives me no desire to finish leveling. I am gonna log back in after 1.2 drops, and give it another couple evenings , and probably cancel my sub.

Cause, all the people that I know who bought it day 1 , and leveled to 50 , aren't playing it anymore.
    See this is the exact filth I am talking about. (Not you poster, but your message).

This is the exact same thing as buying Final Fantasy, or Mass Effect, and only playing the combat scenes, then turning off the audio and video of everything else, then playing half way thru and calling the game shit.

Thank you for proving my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghobe View Post
    The latest rumor is end of April for the release of 1.2, and this is what it was moved to after they decided that raiding in particular needed more testing(which is more of the reason why it wasn't released last week).

From what I'm hearing from our contacts over in the actual raid beta testers, is that Explosive Conflict(the new OP) is going to be a major wake up call. Anyone who called the release raids easy(which I find funny since such a small amount of the community has actually downed A boss on nightmare much less all of them even less so, gotten their timed titles) is pretty much going to be kicked in the balls and while they're bending over and gasping for air, a blaster will be put into their mouth and fired. The top guild on our a server is having extreme issues with the FIRST BOSS on story(normal) mode, and it's not because of bugs, it's that brutal. I can tell you right now, if you're not in at least 3/4 rakata you WILL be one shot.

GO GO SPOILERS ZOMG!
    The first boss of the raid has been described in a number of ways, ranging from Twin Emps, to Jarg and Sorno being fused with murder droids. It's a double boss fight if you couldn't figure it out. It requires two tanks for multiple reasons. That first reason, if the mobs are next to each other they receive a massive damage boost, which if they're still near, even full rakata'd tanks will be one shot. Second, they put a stack debuff causing tank swapping. Third, along with that tank swap, they also need to be pulled back quite often. Every so often one of the mobs leaps to the other and causes a 17k damage aoe(reminder: normal). I haven't been clued into the rest of the mechanics, but that's what I've been told is the toughest part of that particular fight.
    END SPOILERS END!

And in terms of current raid content available in the game, I don't feel it's unforgiving enough. Bugs be damned, but if they were all fixed, the encounters would be a joke for the most part. For example, Soa's(final boss of eternity vault) platforming phases don't get harder between difficulties outside of the dot MIGHT kill you if your healers are lagging out. Quite frankly, they could have dramatically increased the number of Ancient Power Sources and Orb counts that needed to be removed. Hard mode probably could have easily required 15 to absolve all orbs, and nightmare could have probably taken it to another level(which it should have) and required 25(I believe that was the max per platforming phase that could be destroyed) to absolve as many orbs as you could and would still leave 3-5 orbs on him. We spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to take out all the Ancient Power Sources to try and fix the orb issue, and we discovered that by doing so we were actually bugging the encounter >.> Bonethrasher on nightmare is probably the most challenging boss non-bugged, which is kind of sad considering he's the first boss.

Quite frankly, I'm excited for EC, especially if it's bug free and provides a challenge that comes in terms of mechanics rather than bugs.

This concerns me to an extent and it's because of the experience we had in cataclysm. Raid tuning is a very fine thing to try and do and while I hope BW does look to add more challenge I hope story mode still reflects the spirit of being for "story". To easy is definitely not a good thing but to hard at this point is also gonna be a huge wake up call and I'm calling it here and now prefer for crying about it.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Yea... It didn't even occur to me to look on Darthater >< Ima bad mod, QQ

GJ though Dakia
    Oh, I did some hard Google searching and diving through the Dev tracker trying to find something more concrete. In the end, that is what I found. I really wish they would provide more concrete data.

See this is the exact filth I am talking about. (Not you poster, but your message).

This is the exact same thing as buying Final Fantasy, or Mass Effect, and only playing the combat scenes, then turning off the audio and video of everything else, then playing half way thru and calling the game shit.

Thank you for proving my point.
    And it means nothing. I mean all the guys I know who bought rift have quit. All the guys I know who bought warcraft has quit. Those games must be in trouble because my personal experience just has to be the truth. Logic hurts...

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghobe View Post
    I've been hearing that as well and it has me super excited. On the topic of the story mode, I don't think that is going to be the difficulty that we actually see. There has been a lot of speculation that the tuning for what is listed as Story Mode is actually going to be the normal mode. I'm super excited for some punishing NiM bosses.

This here ship is sinking faster then the titanic, yo!

<Mod Edit: Please post constructively>
    Last edited by Azuri; 2012-04-03 at 08:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    This concerns me to an extent and it's because of the experience we had in cataclysm. Raid tuning is a very fine thing to try and do and while I hope BW does look to add more challenge I hope story mode still reflects the spirit of being for "story". To easy is definitely not a good thing but to hard at this point is also gonna be a huge wake up call and I'm calling it here and now prefer for crying about it.
    I agree completely. While I love a good challenge, I dont expect everyone else to need their "balls kicked in" to have a good time. Aside from a bit lackluster endgame my only gripe at this time is the fact that populations are dropping to the point where not having a dungeon finder is a "kick in the balls".