Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    If anyone is interested in the actual future of the game and not random speculation or conjecture of people with an axe to grind the guild panel summits are all up on the web and should give you an idea of how committed BW is to this game.
    Commitment =/= Success

This is most easily evidenced by the current state of the game. The best intentions in the world don't mean a damn until they're implemented. Just looking at the Dev tracker alone is enough to prove that they have no commitment to fixing Huttball, Merging Servers, making Companions a part of the game at 50, or providing viable solutions to Ilum that don't include turning off showing characters on the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by gotpriest View Post
    Commitment =/= Success

This is most easily evidenced by the current state of the game. The best intentions in the world don't mean a damn until they're implemented. Just looking at the Dev tracker alone is enough to prove that they have no commitment to fixing Huttball, Merging Servers, making Companions a part of the game at 50, or providing viable solutions to Ilum that don't include turning off showing characters on the screen.
    Now I wouldn't be that hard on BioWare. TOR isn't a "bad" game. Of course all the commitment in the world won't mean a damn when the pink slips start coming in. Just ask the guys who "used" to work at Mythic. They were really passionate and committed to Warhammer Online too but it didn't end up saving their jobs, or make the game good enough to keep more than a couple of servers worth of subscribers a year after it launched.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-04-03 at 09:46 PM.

Commitment =/= Success

LOL that isn't the solution to Ilum that's BW providing better tools to help the game run on lower end pcs. The solution for Ilum involves a redesign and that's why its taking a back seat for a bit while they sort out the technical issues associated with it. Get your facts together before you make an argument. Commitment does not guarantee success but it is most certainly required for it and it's good to see that they are committed to this game so that it won't be another Warhammer. Simple as that. I think it's safe to say star wars has been a success financially certainly and as a game. Others are welcome to disagree. It's far from a perfect product, it has plenty of room to grow but it's also not a collosal failure either.

---------- Post added 2012-04-03 at 09:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Now I wouldn't be that hard on BioWare. TOR isn't a "bad" game. Of course all the commitment in the world won't mean a damn when the pink slips start coming in. Just ask the guys who "used" to work at Mythic. They were really passionate and committed to Warhammer Online too but it didn't end up saving their jobs, or make the game good enough to keep more than a couple of servers worth of subscribers.
    Different circumstances and different times. I don't see swtor turning into warhammer but I'm not Cassandra. We'll see what happens in time.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-04-03 at 09:48 PM.

Hehe... I'm sure Brad McQuaid was committed to Vanguard and Richard Garriott was committed to Tabula Rasa. Didn't seem to help those games. In fact, those games might have done better without them.

I'm sure Gordon Walton was committed to this game too. Well, before he found another job that is.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-04-03 at 09:51 PM.

Hard to say. I'm not Richard Garriot and neither are you. We'll see in time what happens with star wars. I still think it's important that the developers are working "balls to the walls in 2012" as Ohlen is quoted as saying. Some people disagree.

It's a good game in all respects, I'm not one for PvP but the flashpoints (dungeons) are really nice. the first raids certainly aren't up to blizzard standard, but the second was much better than the first and the next one will probably be a lot better as well (and it's coming quite soon)

The only problem I have with the game is the server population. I have 2 characters at 50, one rep and one imp, ready to do flashpoints and after trying for 3 days to make a group for one, I just gave up. nobody is running them, nobody is joining my groups (I once had 2 ds and me as healer, but when after an hour no tank showed we sortof gave up).

I gave up and cancelled my sub, I play games to play games, not to spam general for hours while riding circles on the fleet. it's sad, but that is the reality unfortunately. I expect I'll resub at some point, but not until things like an LFG system and/or server merges are in place.

LOL that isn't the solution to Ilum that's BW providing better tools to help the game run on lower end pcs. The solution for Ilum involves a redesign and that's why its taking a back seat for a bit while they sort out the technical issues associated with it. Get your facts together before you make an argument.
    A new preference, "Awareness Radius," allows players to adjust the number of characters displayed on-screen. Reducing this setting can improve performance in crowded areas on low-end machines.

http://www.swtor.com/test-center/patchnotes

Master Chef Elzar says "Bam!"

A new preference, "Awareness Radius," allows players to adjust the number of characters displayed on-screen. Reducing this setting can improve performance in crowded areas on low-end machines.

http://www.swtor.com/test-center/patchnotes

Master Chef Elzar says "Bam!"

Which has nothing to do with Ilum specifically and is primarily a fix aimed to help low end pcs run the game better. Ilum requries alot more work and is beset by a host of technical issues. Go back and read what you posted.

"Bam" indeed.

Which has nothing to do with Ilum specifically and is primarily fix for low end pcs. Ilum requries alot more work and is beset by a host of technical issues.

"Bam" indeed.
    Do you honestly believe that when people continue to complain about Ilum that Bioware's parroted response won't be "Turn down your Awareness Radius?"

High Overlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    See this is the exact filth I am talking about. (Not you poster, but your message).

This is the exact same thing as buying Final Fantasy, or Mass Effect, and only playing the combat scenes, then turning off the audio and video of everything else, then playing half way thru and calling the game shit.

Thank you for proving my point.
    I didn't call it shit. My highest level toon is a Juggernaut and I like the abilities and mechanics...

My issue is that I find the leveling to be very slow, and without the promise of good end game content, do not want to dedicate the enormous amount of time apparently necessary to reach level cap. I do not find the leveling / story part of the game very interesting, it is a means to an end.

Having leveled 7 characters to 85 and two others to Outlands in Wow, I am probably spoiled by the efficiency of leveling toons in full heirlooms. On the two I am working on now, I average nearly 3 levels per hour of game time with rested and guild bonus's. That is strictly questing.

Scarab Lord
    This thread went way off topic and probably should have been closed much sooner. Thread is now closed.