Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Warrior or Paladin?

Hi.

I have those 2 characters on lvl 85 (not geared right now).

I want to use one of them for BG's and 2v2 arenas.

Which one do u think is better right now on pvp? Obviously I'm talking about ret paladin or arms warrior

Ty for ur answers guys!

Ret paladin have always been "RNG" based, so if you are going to play throu expansions/patches, then i would choose warrior. I feel they are alittle more "stable", tho not that very good at this moment.

But you should really just choose what you think is the most fun class to play!
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Deleted
    Well, I want to make my choose now, after pandarian expansion comes out I will make another decision

I just want to know which one do you think is more powerful right now (I know this question may be a bit annoying, but as a melee class I must choose the better as possible because is so hard to start pvping with a melee class).

10+ Year Old Account
    Ret is much better right now, warriors are in a bad place.

Go ret. Their abilities provide MASSIVE support for your teammates

Ret, most boring melee spec in all the game (along with frost mage). Get yourself a war.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who plays both, warrior is definatly more fun. Which ones stronger? probably ret pally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ret right now.

Ret at the beginning of MoP.

Warrior mid to end of MoP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Deleted
    Paladins can't be gnomes. Go warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Ret, most boring melee spec in all the game (along with frost mage). Get yourself a war.
    This begging to be corrected..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rec View Post
    Ret is much better right now, warriors are in a bad place.
    warriors will always be in a bad place ive seen there talents for mop there gonna suck in that too if you want to be a warrior type class play a dk or pally tbh any melee is better than what a warrior is i heard on beta there really shite

Actually that's completly wrong, ret is melee spec that requires multitasking more then any other melee, proc based gameplay is really engaging and you have to actually decide what to do with your resource then simply pump dmg.

P.S. Playing both classes too.

OT: Ret is stronger now, becouse every 3dps setup requires ret and this setups aren't hard to play. But if you want to stick with healer+ret+(dk/hunt) playing ret becomes significantly harder. So all in all if you want to provide quality support for your teammates go ret, if you want in-your-face playstyle go warrior.

ret actually do damage and have cc, warriors are terrible and are terrible
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

ret=massive amounts of rng, procs, and ability cooldowns to keep track of.
    frost mage=spam icelance all day.

rets are currently more viable in arena since they bring some pretty insane burst and their offheals are a large part of what makes most triple dps setups work.
    but the problem with rets is that they are incredibly depended on rng, and have a history of knee jerk nerfs applied by devs and clumsy spec design. while they maybe good right now, who knows in three months.
    warrior design has remained pretty consistent and functional.

in 2v2 rets are probably better provided you have a partner who can snare for you, in random bgs there are about the same. if you are thinking about rbgs then rets are persona non grata there. warriors are valued in rbgs for their control and mobility as flag carriers.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    but the problem with rets is that they are incredibly depended on rng, and have a history of knee jerk nerfs applied by devs and clumsy spec design. while they maybe good right now, who knows in three months.
    Actually ret MoP design elliminates RNG by providing ret 3 HP builder, instead of 3HP procs so our HP generation will become more predictable.

P.S. Also few RBG premades in 2.2-2.4K range on my server are runing ret in their lineup. But i agree that ret is middle of the pack choice for dd slots in RBGs, whille prot war is uncontested choice for flag runing (given equal skill between all possible flag carriers). In 2v2 ret/hunt and ret/unhDK are great setups, whille warriors are often forced into war/heal vs x/heal matchups that lasts for ages.

OT: Atm i'd stick with ret, in MoP warriors are buffed a lot utility-wise and you'll be always able to get a fresh start in case you won't like ret playstyle (since ret will remain dd/healer/support hybrid, getting even more tools to fulfilling that role).

warriors are the worst they have ever been in pvp right now. if you have amazing gear and know the class well, you can make it work. otherwise it will just a frustrating and painful experience.

rets arent the best melee spec either, but at least you will have some success

Deleted
    best melee rogue or feral druid or a frost dk if you can burst pp ldown well

Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    ret actually do damage and have cc, warriors are terrible and are terrible
    LoL wut.

Saying ret has CC is like saying warriors have CC. Neither have any.

Yes ret is better. Because they have better mobility (can cleanse slows and stick on a target easier). Higher sustained, better burst and much MUCH better team utility. Oh and better defenses. Ret is really just leaps and bounds ahead of warriors atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Saying ret has CC is like saying warriors have CC. .
    HoJ into Repentance forces trinkets really good and both have solid range, so rets cc isn't all that bad. Especially compared to warrior.

Warriors suck ATM.

A good ret paladin is very deadly at the moment.

Do me a favor and don't correct my spelling/grammar. I browse this site with a cell phone. Try harder next time to be an ass.