Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Arena brackets dead?

So yeah, as most people know the activity in the arena ladders are pretty much non existing these days. This is due to multiple reasons. People dont play arena anymore to get their conquest points cap higher, since its ALOT easyer to get high in RBGs and get a much higher cap then in 3s. people that already played up to high ratings are just camping the rating and waiting for a titel. Whenever you que you are gonna meet one comp (trippel dps). AND last but not least, people got nothing that will motivate them to play more arenas, there is simply no reward along the way as you progress and play up the ladders exept for the titel in the end.

My opinion on this is really that removing rating requirements for gear was the BIGGEST mistake blizzard ever did when it came to pvp (Arenas)

Having to work your way up to 1800 for wepons, 1900 for head, 2000 for shoudlers, 2200 for tier 2 weapon and 2350 for the tabbard was a really good way to keep the ladders active. It was getting people to que with their mains and their alts aswell to try to achieve everything.

There is simply no reward along the way for people to interested.

Let me know what you think.

i agree with the rating req on gear. the pve equivalent would be timmy mouthbreather lfr gets heroic raid loot for showing up and getting his valor points for the week.

They have done plenty to ruin this game and putting in rbg's was one of the killers of arena...It gave kids who were terrible at area a reason to be carried by 9 others to ratings they should have never achieved and put them in gear they should have never gotten...Why do a 3v3 which takes a fair amount of skill when you can get 9 of your buddies in pve gear and go play some retard bg' where one teams caps a flag then turtles the rest of the game...Blizzard in the end will be its own worst enemy they listen to the whiny player base to much...Back in TBC arena was fresh and amazing and by the first season of WOTLK it was awful it left a sour taste in everyone's mouth with how retarded s5 DK's were (Free glad)

The big bad wolf Blizzard, as usual.

People who were going to be top rated are already top rated and the top rated who still play sell carries. There's no motivation simply because this is how it works. Adding gear upgrades at certain levels won't change that.

Deleted
    They should remove requirements for gear all together. The amount of boosting is ruining the game. There's no reason for 3x R1 glads to be playing at 2200mmr to get some random noob a wep he will be using at 1600 mmr. Make seasons shorter and reuse gear. We could have 2 seasons for every pve patch, instead of 1 season every odd 8-9 months or so. Heck they could reduce the price on gear in the 2nd season, so one could play pvp on ones alts without having to gear them up for 4 months before being able to compete with everyone else. Also they should introduce more detailed ranks (amount of wins, w/l ratio, first to get rank etc.) to prevent rank sharing instead of just being lazy.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2012-04-03 at 10:26 PM.

I disagree about gear, competitive setting should provide equal gear (even if it takes some time to get, although i would prefer it being free of cost so ppls could run multiple classes easier). Low arena activity and boosts selling can be easilly fixed with raiting decay: didn't play 10 games this week - personal and team raitings drop by Xpoints, didn't play 10 games 2d week - raitings go down twice amount they droped week before and so on. That'll ensure that ppls are playing, becouse atm most ppls in top 30-40 every BG are sitting on their raitings for months waiting for their dragons at the end of the season. Also that'll make selling boosts harder, since it'll be possible only during like 2-3 weeks prior to season end, otherwise raiting decay will eat their spot.
    Also they should get rid of rank1 ties, best W/L ratio should get 1st rank, rest should be happy with their glad (becouse lets be honest - there're no accidental ties, and instead of competing for rank 1 with each other, top teams just work on getting a 3-4 way tie).

Another solution might be implement sudden death rule - like 1st 2% top teams raitings are wiped 4 weeks prior to season end and they're fighting only against each other for month on sepparate lader and only 1/4 of them getting glad. This would actually encourage ppls to polish their play wholle season, so they would have a better chances of getting titles during sudden death stage.

Atm I find it hilarious that most active bracket is actually below 2200 where ppls are trying to get their T2 weapons and new set colours, whille mid-high gladiators range is mostly stagnant. I'm not a believer that WoW may ever become a esport (honestly watching WoW tourneys compared to Hon/Dota/SC2 is excessively boring), but i'm sure there're ways to encourage PvP competition with a little efforts from Blizzard.

the reason why blizzard doesnt give everyone the same gear(in an attempt to balance) is because they use gear inequality as a scapegoat for their terrible, inattentive, balance between classes. they release new skills and talents, balance them for pve, then promise pvp changes next expansion/season. paying for laziness
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

Meh, arenas were terribad anyway.
    X:"Echo?"
    Echo: "What?
    X:"Echo?"
    Echo: "What?!"
    X: "Nothing"

Deleted
    the reason i'm playing Rbg's and no more arena it's because they removed rewards for 2s long time ago...2s is broken ye i know...but i dont really care to face Op combo beacause i like the challenge i never whine or rage for a game lost...never liked 3s or 5s...and if i have to be honest will be a dream come true if they add 1s bracket....instead of duel outside major city...my main is feral and i wont be bother to face 1vs1 a mage in arena...like i said i like challenge..but ye its just my opinion...

sorry for bad english

i miss the 2v2 bracket is sad that they ruined it ... rbgs are so hard to find but it seems its alot easier to get points cap + higher caps from that then arena now a days since all the 2300+ teams just win trade or sell rating

(yes rbgs are hard to find because no one has love for ret paladins)

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Divineknight13 View Post
    i miss the 2v2 bracket is sad that they ruined it ... rbgs are so hard to find but it seems its alot easier to get points cap + higher caps from that then arena now a days since all the 2300+ teams just win trade or sell rating

(yes rbgs are hard to find because no one has love for ret paladins)
    They didn't ruin the 2v2 bracket. They removed the rewards from it. How is it ruined?

Deleted
    If u dont play for a week, next week u loose a 100 rating or something along those lines. Say 10 games minimum?

That'll keep em playing, flush out win traders and boosters.

10+ Year Old Account
    removing rating requirements for gear does not hurt or help the game at all.if anything it helps pvp,by allowing the lesser skilled players to get good pvp gear.and having better pvp gear will mean they should live a little longer while doing pvp.

gear is the least of the many problems in pvp atm.pvp in wow is broken badly,thats why arena is dead atm.blizz needs to re work all cc and spells/ability's for pvp.if you want to do arnea,who have to play certain classes, this = broken pvp.if blizz was to fix classes "like warriors UP and mages OP" and TRY balance pvp.then more player and classes would return or start pvping again.

like i said removing rating requirements for gear is a non issue,it does not hurt or help pvp.bads will still be bads and glads will still be glads regardless.

What they need to do is make ratings decay again [preferably after a certain higher rating like 2000]. So that player must play games every week. Like back in season one.

What has happened with arenas is the amount of people selling ratings. Atm it's hard to break high ratings because glad players are stuck at 2200~ because of people camping 2.3-4k. This is only due to those nerds who sell arena ratings letting shit players get 2400 and having the good players not able to break high MMR because of the amount of camping.
    this game sucks

15+ Year Old Account
    The biggest mistake was arena itself. Now everyone in the PvP cliques feels entitled like the PvE cliques do.

"I pay for the game, I should get gear!"
    "I pay for the game, I should have a feeling of superiority to others!"

Thanks, Blizzard.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    The biggest mistake was arena itself. Now everyone in the PvP cliques feels entitled like the PvE cliques do.

"I pay for the game, I should get gear!"
    "I pay for the game, I should have a feeling of superiority to others!"

Thanks, Blizzard.
    No, the biggest mistake was not fixing MMR and brining RBGs into the game
    this game sucks

Deleted
    Just wait for arena pass.