Page 17 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're solo mining now, take the Mack. If you have an Orca with you a Hulk is worth it, but if you're lazy solo mining, the Mack is pretty damn awesome now.

If I ever log on and can't be arsed to run missions on my main, and don't want to multibox, I just undock a Mack and strip belts while watching tv.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    If you're solo mining now, take the Mack. If you have an Orca with you a Hulk is worth it, but if you're lazy solo mining, the Mack is pretty damn awesome now.

If I ever log on and can't be arsed to run missions on my main, and don't want to multibox, I just undock a Mack and strip belts while watching tv.
    Your loosing so much isk its not even funny by doing a mack then docking. THose that claim you can afk mine so hardcore with it in empire are dillusional or have never seen a empire belt and mined it. The rocks pop in about 3 cycles. While i can sit on the same bistot rock in nullsec for 4 plus hours in a hulk. SO yes if you dont care about earning isk a Mack is for you but if you care at all about earning your max potential then the hulk is what you should be using, Its the best ore ice and mercoxit miner period. IMO you should only be in empire untill your in an exhumer then you should join a nullsec corp and get the fuck out of empire, its shit space, shit ore, shit profession sites, the security there is laughable compared to nullsec.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharjo View Post
    Why yes, I wouldn't mind I guess then it's just free game-time for a new account?
    I am unable to PM you due to my low post count, could you PM me with skype or steam name if you have one?

Deleted
    Are the 21 day trial and Plex offers still available? If they are could you please send me one to: jim_mccloud at(symbol) hotmail.co.uk

I've read a lot about EVE and it looks like an awesome game and would love to be able to give it a go!
    Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    Invite on the way!

10+ Year Old Account
    Swift bump, for any of you folks in or around London this saturday check out the VETO meet

https://forums.eveonline.com/default...posts&t=110525

For several years now they've hosted the largest UK based gathering of EVE players, and this year the CCP staff at Eurogamer will be coming by afterwards, with a few fresh announcements about the winter expansion.

As it's a bar attendance is 18+, but there's no charge and all are welcome, newbies and bitter vets who quit ages ago alike. I'll be down there, just ask around for Caellach and you'll get pointed in my direction sooner or later.

The game is not hard. At all. Just don't do stupid things.
    You can jump into a Battleship (big, powerful ship) within a week or so, and then someone with a smaller and much less expensive ship is going to destroy you, because they took time in developing skills for the equipment and learning how to fly it.
    If you only have 300 million, you aren't going to be getting a 150 million ship, you will be getting a 20 million ship and progressing slowly but effectively.
    If you only have 300 million, you aren't going to load cargo for 200 million on a T1 hauler and try to carry it at once to a busy system (Jita), you will split in 5 courses with 40 million each and nobody is going to gank you for it.
    Just... think before you do something and the game becomes pretty easy.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2012-09-29 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    The game is not hard. At all. Just don't do stupid things.
    You can jump into a Battleship (big, powerful ship) within a week or so, and then someone with a smaller and much less expensive ship is going to destroy you, because they took time in developing skills for the equipment and learning how to fly it.
    If you only have 300 million, you aren't going to be getting a 150 million ship, you will be getting a 20 million ship and progressing slowly but effectively.
    If you only have 300 million, you aren't going to load cargo for 200 million on a T1 hauler and try to carry it at once to a busy system (Jita), you will split in 5 courses with 40 million each and nobody is going to gank you for it.
    Just... think before you do something and the game becomes pretty easy.
    Or you can just use a cloaky hauler.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Or you can just use a cloaky hauler.
    That's for a bit more advanced players and it takes 30 days to train. :P
    And the cargo isn't that big either. It's mostly for transporting stuff from zero/low sec to high sec. Or for transporting extremely valuable low volume stuff in high sec (like plexes).
    Although I prefer to use courier contracts for expensive stuff located in low/zero sec. Let someone with a Jump Freighter worry about it.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2012-09-30 at 06:18 AM.

Gotta haul that plex. Money well spent.

Another great example of why you shouldn't haul plex... EVER.
    http://www.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=14778945

< yadda yadda; don't come here advertising for referrals >
    Last edited by llDemonll; 2012-10-04 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Your loosing so much isk its not even funny by doing a mack then docking. THose that claim you can afk mine so hardcore with it in empire are dillusional or have never seen a empire belt and mined it. The rocks pop in about 3 cycles. While i can sit on the same bistot rock in nullsec for 4 plus hours in a hulk. SO yes if you dont care about earning isk a Mack is for you but if you care at all about earning your max potential then the hulk is what you should be using, Its the best ore ice and mercoxit miner period. IMO you should only be in empire untill your in an exhumer then you should join a nullsec corp and get the fuck out of empire, its shit space, shit ore, shit profession sites, the security there is laughable compared to nullsec.
    Man, when I was noob and saw some asteroids in empire I thought they were big I haven't been to empire lately so I'm sure now they are pebbles(pretty sure they were back then too) now when I sometimes belt rat in null I see some that look like moons haha. I can't imagine playing EVE in highsec anymore. I am still a little carebearish but I couldn't handle empire. I for some odd reason miss mining. But it never seemed worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at the current mineral prices, highsec mining is nowhere near as shit as Zeta's making it out to be.

Also Empire exploration has been pouring out tons of A-Type frigate/cruiser mods, that sell ridiculously well for F-War players with isk to burn.

I get some people prefer null, but there's no need to make it sound like Empire is terrible because it most definately isn't.

Looking at the current mineral prices, highsec mining is nowhere near as shit as Zeta's making it out to be.

Also Empire exploration has been pouring out tons of A-Type frigate/cruiser mods, that sell ridiculously well for F-War players with isk to burn.

I get some people prefer null, but there's no need to make it sound like Empire is terrible because it most definately isn't.

Well now that the changes are coming to canflipping its gona be alot easyer though the fact that in empire everyone is nuet is still a huge problem. The amount of time you spend switching astroids and moving around while empire mining is a huge isk waste as well. In a corp mining op i can sit on the same abc roid for 3 hours while in highsec every 5 minutes id have to switch to different rocks and 20 minutes or so switch to different belts. Null is by far safer and more industrialist friendly, being able to put pos's up without standings, build caps ect, moon mine ect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time spent switching roids is roughly what, the time it takes to press F1 twice? With Orca bonuses a fleet can sit in a belt and hit the whole thing at once, or on larger belts mine and move without any timeloss. Yes people are neutral, you just use your directional scanner and build up a decent list of who to watch in local and who not.

Beats nullsec mining where one guy afk in a cloaked ship can dock an entire fleet, because he might be a stealth bomber.

Standings are seriously easy to farm though, we have towers in .8/.9 regions because the game throws it at you if you know what to do, moon mining is getting nerfed hard though, thank god.

Time spent switching roids is roughly what, the time it takes to press F1 twice? With Orca bonuses a fleet can sit in a belt and hit the whole thing at once, or on larger belts mine and move without any timeloss. Yes people are neutral, you just use your directional scanner and build up a decent list of who to watch in local and who not.

Beats nullsec mining where one guy afk in a cloaked ship can dock an entire fleet, because he might be a stealth bomber.

Standings are seriously easy to farm though, we have towers in .8/.9 regions because the game throws it at you if you know what to do, moon mining is getting nerfed hard though, thank god.
    It doesnt matter how fast you can press f1 down time is still downtime, not to mention you only get orca boosts in highsec and no rorq boosts. Plus time moving to new belts getting setup ect. Coupled with the inability to build caps like carriers and dreads ect.

Afk cloakers are a pain but when they show up you can still mine if your not retarded or just go ratting or do profession sites. And i dunno why you think moon mining is getting nerfed, Tech is the only thing that got nerfed and it wasnt exactly from a nerf, just an introduction of alchemy, I still make around 10.5 bill a month from 10 towers alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    The corp I'm in might be joining Tribal Band allied with TEST Fun times ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    The corp I'm in might be joining Tribal Band allied with TEST Fun times ahead.
    Try to tell them not to. Tribal band is a conglomerate of idiot and retarded players that rely on test and pl to help them. over 3k members strong and yet when it comes to invading the space next to them they can only get 60 people into the fleets. Not only are thier fleet fits beyond retarded "shield oracles lulz?" They are just a low skilled alliance in general only living as a buffer and meat shield for test, think IRC 7 months ago only with no supercaps and a logistics chain worse than a special ed class in gradeschool.

Why anyone would join anything allied with HBC or CFC is beyond me, forever being labeled as one that was blue to SKill less blobbers who drop 50 super caps when they lose a fight. ATM goons arnt even winning despite outnumbering dotbros imeensely. Dotbros is handing thier ass to them. While PL and Test and thier pets blob 600 people vs 250 to win a fight.