Page 22 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Add character customization options, such as outfits etc to cash shop, add some form of ship cosmetics to a cash shop. ta da, revenue stream.

I just want to play again haha, can't justify a subscription for it though, dollars to in game time isn't there for persons like me.
    That would work for the small minority that is high-sec PvE players, EvE is at heart a PvP game where this wouldn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    That would work for the small minority that is high-sec PvE players, EvE is at heart a PvP game where this wouldn't work.
    Just an idea, I just love the game, but no time to play it lol. Been subscribing on and off since like 2004.

Deleted
    For anyone new to EVE, there's a guy on YouTube who just rebooted his "Let's Play EVE" series last night, and he's quite informative and entertaining to watch.
    I used his videos myself, when I tried to get into the game around 2 years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    EVE y u no go f2p?!
    Technically there IS a F2P option.

Just make sure you've 500+ million in the wallet each month and you'll never pay a subscription fee again!

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 12:16 PM ----------

Also, everyone log in and get your shiny new snowball launchers!
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Technically there IS a F2P option.

Just make sure you've 500+ million in the wallet each month and you'll never pay a subscription fee again!

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 12:16 PM ----------

Also, everyone log in and get your shiny new snowball launchers!
    Which is quite easy after a while, my monthly income is in the range of +3 billion ISK without trying very hard. I've seen people make 1-2 billion in a day.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2012-12-13 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Which is quite easy after a while, my monthly income is in the range of +3 billion ISK without trying very hard. I've seen people make 1-2 billion in a day.
    And areyou/they just focusing on level IV missions or are there other secret squirrel ways of making money?

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    And areyou/they just focusing on level IV missions or are there other secret squirrel ways of making money?
    A lot of other "secrets" You won't get rich from missions.
    Let's just say that the more money you have, the easier it is to make more.
    Although lvl 4 missions pay enough for the average player to fund their daily activities.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2012-12-13 at 07:42 PM.

Nullsec is the place to make oodles of isk, Empire is only where you should live untill you can survive in nullsec skill wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of other "secrets" You won't get rich from missions.
    Let's just say that the more money you have, the easier it is to make more.
    Flipping the market is one way, but making it rich is not a huge secret as long as you know how to put the dots together. Its just not as simple as "go here, grind this for months". Understanding supply/demand is what makes you rich in EvE. The big secret is figuring out what the demand is and its not necessarily items or even sell-able on the market.

Thanks for those responses... My only issue is the usual ambiguity that is normal for Eve answers : / I'm not going to ask what someone's specific special way of making ISK is, but perhaps what that threshold of skill points is in which you can 'survive in nullsec,' or what specifically makes nullsec so much more profitable. I never really ventured out too dangerously, probably level 2 missions in .2-.4 sec, my skills are like up to battleship, never got into mining. I have been interested in nullsec, PvP, piracy, faction warfare, etc etc. just never had anybody to ride with.

Long story short; carebear don't know much about Eve other than Ratting.

One easy way to make isk if you're used to running missions is jumping into nullsec and doing missions for pirates instead. This does come with some added danger, but when I was doing Blood Raider missions in Delve there were hardly any dangerous people hanging out or passing through the level 4 mission areas, so it's worth considering. As long as you keep an eye on dscan there shouldn't be much to worry about.

High class wormholes are known as ISK printers (billions per day) so that is worth looking into if you're properly skilled and can work well with others.

Ratting in nullsec is just all around better than ratting in highsec because of the different types of sites. Forsaken Hubs are a common favorite because each site contains ~25 mill worth of ships, and all you fight are Battlecruisers, Battleships, and Advanced Cruisers. Without any pesky frigates to worry about you can fit out a Battleship or T3 Battlecruiser for straight dps and just absolutely melt the rats. For example, a properly skilled Naga with ~1k dps can make ~80-100m/hr in Serpentis/Gurista Forsaken Hubs. Make friends with a carrier pilot who assigns you drones, and your isk/hr will skyrocket.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Flipping the market is one way, but making it rich is not a huge secret as long as you know how to put the dots together. Its just not as simple as "go here, grind this for months". Understanding supply/demand is what makes you rich in EvE. The big secret is figuring out what the demand is and its not necessarily items or even sell-able on the market.
    It's not only that, there are things like artificially inflating the price of something, or taking advantage of the situation when someone is doing this.
    Or making successful prediction about when something is going to go up or down in price. Information about upcoming changes to the game is invaluable.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2012-12-14 at 11:31 AM.

Thank you. So it's basically a risk=reward thing even with PvE in nullsec/wormholes. Can't say I'm up to snuff skillwise, I remember I was working on the skills for Battleship just to be able to fly it effectively, for the other ships I either have T2 or am close to T2 (cruiser).

So are you ever concerned about losing a T3 BC in nullsec? I was under the impression most people did like frigates/destroyers because of replacement cost. Could just be thinking of faction warfare though.

Thank you. So it's basically a risk=reward thing even with PvE in nullsec/wormholes. Can't say I'm up to snuff skillwise, I remember I was working on the skills for Battleship just to be able to fly it effectively, for the other ships I either have T2 or am close to T2 (cruiser).

So are you ever concerned about losing a T3 BC in nullsec? I was under the impression most people did like frigates/destroyers because of replacement cost. Could just be thinking of faction warfare though.
    Anything up to a t1 battlecruiser/battleship is relatively cheap to replace due to insurance.
    There are no Tech 3 battlecruisers, there are Tier 3 battlecruisers, which are still Tech 1 and pay full insurance.
    Tech 3 cruisers are expensive and you should be very careful when you fly one, and on top on that you lose skillpoints when you die in one.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2012-12-14 at 01:07 PM.

Anything up to a t1 battlecruiser/battleship is relatively cheap to replace due to insurance.
    There are no Tech 3 battlecruisers, there are Tier 3 battlecruisers, which are still Tech 1 and pay full insurance.
    Tech 3 cruisers are expensive and you should be very careful when you fly one, and on top on that you lose skillpoints when you die in one.
    I'm glad you told me about the Tech 3 cruisers and losing skill points... Training up for one was always something I wanted to do, but I might forget about that now if I play again.

Correct me if I'm wrong here too, but for these ships that you sort of expect to be temporary you forego Rigs, but still use like Tech II weapons right? BTW my character is Amari, and unfortunately I remember a lot of people saying that the best route is shield tanking + missile launchers, would I need to train that stuff up or is my armor tanking + energy weapons still viable?

Weapons are reusable or possible to sell afterwards, rigs are not.
    Although don't fly without rigs, just pick cheap ones. And forget about Tech 2 rigs completely.

Sorry about the confusion, T3 Battlecruiser usually refers to Tier 3, not Tech 3. This would be the Naga, Talos, Tornado, and Oracle. A fully fit ratting Naga only costs ~100m, so it pays for itself in only about 2 hours, and if you somehow get ganked and lose it you're not screwed like if you lost a strategic cruiser or faction ship.

Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    Sorry about the confusion, T3 Battlecruiser usually refers to Tier 3, not Tech 3. This would be the Naga, Talos, Tornado, and Oracle. A fully fit ratting Naga only costs ~100m, so it pays for itself in only about 2 hours, and if you somehow get ganked and lose it you're not screwed like if you lost a strategic cruiser or faction ship.
    I've always seen these ships as pure PvP.
    If you want to rat, get a Rokh or something similar.

Hey, I tried getting into EVE when I was a bit younger, early high school, and found the learning curve and skill cap way above my level at the time, though it did look like fun. Now I'm finding WoW's skill cap to be a bit low for my liking (leading to a less than helpful/capable playerbase sometimes...). Was wondering how EVE is doing these days, worth checking out still?

alot has change even just over the last few months, i know what kept me away from eve was that i was to worry about people attacking me. but now there is a setting that we wont people attack you and to stop you from attacking people, kind of being flagged or not for pvp in wow if want to try it out i send you a email for the 21 day trail, and they are giving stuff away for christmas in game fun little things
    ''i'm not drunk, i'm Scottish''