Page 26 of 63 FirstFirst ...
16
24
25
26
27
28
36
... LastLast
  1. #501
    http://themittani.com/features/eve-2012-year-review

    a small history of nullsec for this year, i have to say pretty epic year all in all, years old alliances and coalitions died and new ones were formed, im proud to say i was a part of the downfall of Red.overlord and the death of the cfc.

    On another note if you allready have an account the power of 2 is going on till early jan, 3 plexs or 50 bucks IRL and you get a new account with 6 months of game time. 3 plexs comes out to about 1.6 bill which isnt much, was 2 days of mining for me.

  2. #502
    I got the power of 2 thing simply to train another mining account. =)

  3. #503
    Bloodsail Admiral Icebear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    http://themittani.com/features/eve-2012-year-review

    a small history of nullsec for this year, i have to say pretty epic year all in all, years old alliances and coalitions died and new ones were formed, im proud to say i was a part of the downfall of Red.overlord and the death of the cfc.

    On another note if you allready have an account the power of 2 is going on till early jan, 3 plexs or 50 bucks IRL and you get a new account with 6 months of game time. 3 plexs comes out to about 1.6 bill which isnt much, was 2 days of mining for me.
    Well, HED simply become an insane place after TEST took it from AAA

  4. #504
    Quote Originally Posted by Icebear View Post
    Well, HED simply become an insane place after TEST took it from AAA
    It was allready a cluster fuck now test just enjoys non stop fleets.

  5. #505
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    Yesterday I joined small mining CORP and they are building me retriever in cost of staying them at least 6 months and give them 50% of my mined ore I don't know if this is good deal or not but we will see
    The deal is borderline scam and horrible. Take the Retriever and leave ASAP.

  6. #506
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    155
    Does anyone have any knowledge about W-Space? Seems that finding a C2/C3 W-hole that hasn't got people in it already is becoming more and more difficult. We have the POS and everything to get it all online (including haulers etc).
    Is it just a matter of time and luck or is there something else involved?
    Last edited by Rixxe; 2013-01-02 at 12:58 PM.

  7. #507
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixxe View Post
    Does anyone have any knowledge about W-Space? Seems that finding a C2/C3 W-hole that hasn't got people in it already is becoming more and more difficult. We have the POS and everything to get it all online (including haulers etc).
    Is it just a matter of time and luck or is there something else involved?
    There is only so many WH systems and with the time that's passed since they where added I'd say you will be hard pressed to find an empty one. At it's core EvE is a PvP game so if you want something that isn't high-sec space you generally have to take it by force.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  8. #508
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    There is only so many WH systems and with the time that's passed since they where added I'd say you will be hard pressed to find an empty one. At it's core EvE is a PvP game so if you want something that isn't high-sec space you generally have to take it by force.
    I don't mind taking it by force, but would rather just get an empty one. Any idea how much time it takes to get everything online for a medium POS? Don't want to get caught with my pants down in a hauler!

  9. #509
    Does mmo-c have a corp?

  10. #510
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixxe View Post
    I don't mind taking it by force, but would rather just get an empty one. Any idea how much time it takes to get everything online for a medium POS? Don't want to get caught with my pants down in a hauler!
    Think it's around 2-3 minutes per structure, can't remember anchor and online time of a medium as I just returned to the game my self, large is 30+30 min though.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  11. #511
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,768
    Not to derail your thread, but reading these comments hurts my brain and intrigues me. I've been rewatching firefly lately and I can envision a weird EvE/Rift Hybrid MMO based on the Firefly universe....god that would be the most amazingly nerdy MMO ever.

    Open Space, play the game in the air or on the ground as you see fit....man it would be amazing.

  12. #512
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    8.6 LY away from home
    Posts
    690
    It's ALWAYS bugged me that people try to WoWify the name by making the 'V', lowercase.

  13. #513
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,768
    Quote Originally Posted by greysaber View Post
    It's ALWAYS bugged me that people try to WoWify the name by making the 'V', lowercase.
    Wasn't intentional, I have a bad keyboard calm down rage monster. It doesn't like to depress very well, I frequently have to go back and add letters to words that didn't make it.

  14. #514
    Pit Lord philefluxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Silicon Highway
    Posts
    2,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Wekapedia View Post
    Does mmo-c have a corp?
    Not that I know of. The majority of Eve players dont come to MMO-C and many that do dont tell talk about Eve that much around these parts.

    Quote Originally Posted by greysaber View Post
    It's ALWAYS bugged me that people try to WoWify the name by making the 'V', lowercase.
    You know what ALWAYS bugs me more? People who assume everything points back to World of Warcraft...

  15. #515
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixxe View Post
    Does anyone have any knowledge about W-Space? Seems that finding a C2/C3 W-hole that hasn't got people in it already is becoming more and more difficult. We have the POS and everything to get it all online (including haulers etc).
    Is it just a matter of time and luck or is there something else involved?
    Are you hunting for the hole from high, low or null? It's been a while since I played, but if I remember correctly if you're looking in high-sec yeah, all you're likely to find are occupied holes, since (for various reasons) WH's with high-sec statics tend to be popular.

    When I did exploration in null and low, poking my nose into whichever wormholes I happened to find, I noticed a lot more of them were unoccupied compared to what you find in high-sec. Granted, some of those are higher class holes, 4-6, and most were still occupied but I stumbled across the occasional empty 2 and 3 as well.

    When you're hunting for an unoccupied wormhole to set up shop in, patience is the key. I lived solo in various C2's for a few months back a couple years ago (even then, most holes were occupied) and it could take a week or two even to find somewhere you wanted to live. Keep searching, eventually you'll find something you want.

    Oh, and while you're searching wormholes, do make sure they are ACTUALLY occupied, not just apparently occupied. You might already be doing this, but when you find a POS in a hole, don't assume it's active - do a directional scan and make sure there's a force field up. It's not terribly common, but a few times I've stumbled across a POS that was inactive for whatever reason that still had a corp hanger / ship maintenance bay intact around it. Blow 'em up, steal their goodies and whatever ships spill out of the maintenance bay I've made several hundred million that way a couple times and it's a quick and easy check

  16. #516
    Quote Originally Posted by greysaber View Post
    It's ALWAYS bugged me that people try to WoWify the name by making the 'V', lowercase.
    EVE Online and Everyone vs Everyone are in fact the same game.


    On the subject of low class wormholes, you might be able to buy them off the EVE forums. As always, be careful who you trust. Silent Terror has a bad reputation. You'll also want to get intimate with http://www.staticmapper.com/index.php
    Last edited by kumduh; 2013-01-03 at 12:55 AM.

  17. #517
    Quote Originally Posted by greysaber View Post
    It's ALWAYS bugged me that people try to WoWify the name by making the 'V', lowercase.
    For me it's habit and has nothing to do with WoW, the logo in many places used to look like EvE, it's since then changed to be all capital letters in most places though.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  18. #518
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarsson View Post
    Are you hunting for the hole from high, low or null? It's been a while since I played, but if I remember correctly if you're looking in high-sec yeah, all you're likely to find are occupied holes, since (for various reasons) WH's with high-sec statics tend to be popular.

    When I did exploration in null and low, poking my nose into whichever wormholes I happened to find, I noticed a lot more of them were unoccupied compared to what you find in high-sec. Granted, some of those are higher class holes, 4-6, and most were still occupied but I stumbled across the occasional empty 2 and 3 as well.

    When you're hunting for an unoccupied wormhole to set up shop in, patience is the key. I lived solo in various C2's for a few months back a couple years ago (even then, most holes were occupied) and it could take a week or two even to find somewhere you wanted to live. Keep searching, eventually you'll find something you want.

    Oh, and while you're searching wormholes, do make sure they are ACTUALLY occupied, not just apparently occupied. You might already be doing this, but when you find a POS in a hole, don't assume it's active - do a directional scan and make sure there's a force field up. It's not terribly common, but a few times I've stumbled across a POS that was inactive for whatever reason that still had a corp hanger / ship maintenance bay intact around it. Blow 'em up, steal their goodies and whatever ships spill out of the maintenance bay I've made several hundred million that way a couple times and it's a quick and easy check
    Cheers for the info. Yes from High-sec. I'm make sure it's active, or as you say, i'd blow it up. I might try and find one in low-sec then as the base is only a few jumps away, the idea of running haulers through low-sec doesn't exactly make jump with joy. (Also as i lost a few ships due to gate campers......)

  19. #519
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixxe View Post
    Cheers for the info. Yes from High-sec. I'm make sure it's active, or as you say, i'd blow it up. I might try and find one in low-sec then as the base is only a few jumps away, the idea of running haulers through low-sec doesn't exactly make jump with joy. (Also as i lost a few ships due to gate campers......)
    You can setup a jump freighter contract, short range (10-20 jumps) low sec is typically about 50M with Black Frog (100 mill for null) , 320 000 m^3 limitation. It goes up with distance, I've paid +200M for 60 jumps transport, 30 of which were in null.
    But if you corp is good it should have it's own JF already, 7B is not that much, especially for a corp.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2013-01-03 at 09:32 PM.

  20. #520
    Blademaster Neeka's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Portugal, wants to get out !
    Posts
    35
    I... i finaly gave in and bought EVE, on steam..

    Created a trial acc a long time, but never played more than a few days, nor bought it earlier cause of WoW.

    Before i link my steam acc to a EVE acc i want more info on that 21 day trial thing :P Also some bit of help on how to actualy play the game is welcome >.<
    Last edited by Neeka; 2013-01-05 at 01:23 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •