Page 29 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    There are plenty of established nullsec corps that accept complete noobs.

Also, the Venture is a great ship for making solo adventures into nullsec. Fit a cloak to it, and you'll unintentionally scare off half the ratters in most systems you travel through.

Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post

Also, the Venture is a great ship for making solo adventures into nullsec. Fit a cloak to it, and you'll unintentionally scare off half the ratters in most systems you travel through.
    I'll keep it in mind. The thing about that bomber though, is the fact that they so rigorously decided to change Nemesis + Cruiser to Nemesis + Torpedo (IM LIKE WUT??).

I dunno. I might join a corp to advance in nullsec. Thanks for the advice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post

I often intentionally do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Not to derail your thread, but reading these comments hurts my brain and intrigues me. I've been rewatching firefly lately and I can envision a weird EvE/Rift Hybrid MMO based on the Firefly universe....god that would be the most amazingly nerdy MMO ever.

Open Space, play the game in the air or on the ground as you see fit....man it would be amazing.
    Not so spaghetti western, but Dust514 is going to pretty much add this.

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Not so spaghetti western, but Dust514 is going to pretty much add this.
    Not really but it does take the first steps in to combining genres within the same universe and game.

Well it will have all the leveling/customization/upgrades that EvE has but for an actual person. The only thing I can see that isn't what Kitty is suggesting is not having both the ship and character on the same account, but honestly I've grown fond of their philosophy. Like Startroopers, pilots are for flying, infantry are for dying. Basically there are now two specialized units in EvE, the capsuleer and the infantry.

Well it will have all the leveling/customization/upgrades that EvE has but for an actual person. The only thing I can see that isn't what Kitty is suggesting is not having both the ship and character on the same account, but honestly I've grown fond of their philosophy. Like Startroopers, pilots are for flying, infantry are for dying. Basically there are now two specialized units in EvE, the capsuleer and the infantry.
    It still lacks the theme park element.

When Kitty said EvE/Rift, I didn't exactly deduce "themepark" MMO, but EVE isn't themepark, so I'm ok with Dust514 not being one. Honestly, isn't Star Trek Online exactly what Kitty is referring to then?

edit: Also, it warms my heart to see other people talk about Firefly. It is to TV Drama/Sci-fi what Cowboy Bebop is for anime, to me. Amazing protagonists, awesome story, great morality issues.... Love it.
    Last edited by Absintheminded; 2013-01-09 at 04:38 PM.

Deleted
    I got "Firefly - A Celebration" for Christmas. It's shiny.

When Kitty said EvE/Rift, I didn't exactly deduce "themepark" MMO, but EVE isn't themepark, so I'm ok with Dust514 not being one. Honestly, isn't Star Trek Online exactly what Kitty is referring to then?

edit: Also, it warms my heart to see other people talk about Firefly. It is to TV Drama/Sci-fi what Cowboy Bebop is for anime, to me. Amazing protagonists, awesome story, great morality issues.... Love it.
    Well you could basically take WoW/Rift/ What ever EQ clone and have that on planets in EvE (limited to one planet per region or similar), basically as the games are, on top of this you could allow characters to move between all three games seamlessly, to me that would be close to the ultimate MMO, if you get tired of one game play style you can just play another while remaining in the same universe.

But srsly guys, srsly. Did you all make a corp or what? Or if not, where do people find decent corps? O-Forums?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Firefly is epic, Bebop is fucking epic. I would \oo/ if that fit within the genre, but I guess Bebop has its own. I'm not even sure what it's called. Bebop, is probably the best ever made anime series. While Akira was a breakthrough for the modern art-style of anime, Bebop has everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    But srsly guys, srsly. Did you all make a corp or what? Or if not, where do people find decent corps? O-Forums?
    I'm actually getting headhunted. Strange feeling. I haven't decided just yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Firefly is epic, Bebop is fucking epic. I would \oo/ if that fit within the genre, but I guess Bebop has its own. I'm not even sure what it's called. Bebop, is probably the best ever made anime series. While Akira was a breakthrough for the modern art-style of anime, Bebop has everything.

I'm actually getting headhunted. Strange feeling. I haven't decided just yet though.
    Actually the in-game recruitment feature is fulfilling. you can filter Corps based your on preferences like Corp career (mining,research,pvp....etc.), area of operation, Corp size, weekday time zone and language. It will filter Corp list and you apply to which you feel it's better for you.

It's a place to start for sure, there might be other ways these days, a bit out of touch as I been in the same corp for 6+ years. =/

Deleted
    One of the reasons that there is no sub-forum for EVE on MMO-Champ is because the official forums are so good, not because there aren't enough people playing it. We keep this thread semi-alive because it's good to have some discussion going on on other forums so that people who don't already play EVE can get seduced in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys is it a good time to start playing eve? Also any suggestions on which race to choose?
    doh my god....

"don't look back, it's a trap, it a fact, it's a booby trap booby trap" - The Dickies

Which race you choose has very very little impact overall, since you can reskill into other race's ships very easily. Drones and Missiles are the best weapons to use for beginners.

Skill points are rarely wasted unless you totally shift focus from industry to combat, only time it's really important to be focused in your training is at the start so you learn to fly one thing well and then build on that.

5 days is nothing, I have many skills that required more than 65 days to get to 5, with implants. :P

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Learn one thing well, I think I never did that..
    Never to late to focus training and correct that.

do em both, having 2 character at least is by far the best thing you can do in eve, even if they don't always directly work together you can still do double the things you would otherwise not be able to.

for example 2 characters lets you, mine and haul. It lets you scout and rat. it lets you run more industry jobs and it goes on like that.

do your new character but use your old account to supplement it. my main is currently in null pvping, my alt is mining ice its slow its boring, but at least when NOTHING is going in on the pvp side, i'm still making isk, heck even if i am pvping, i'm still making isk. so if i lose a ship, my alt is still grinding it back.