Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
53
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    6,411
    Hulkageddon will start up as gunmining gets nerfed, so the market will have a strained supply once reserves run out.

  2. #42
    The Patient PotatoCoffee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Almere-Poort, The Netherlands
    Posts
    331
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Hulkageddon will start up as gunmining gets nerfed, so the market will have a strained supply once reserves run out.
    Still takes about 2 weeks before hulkageddon

  3. #43
    Cashed out on my Zydrine stocks that I bought as soon as I heard the drone region change. I don't usually wear tin-foil hats so only splashed out 300 million ISK on it all - sold it for 570 mill.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Hulkageddon will start up as gunmining gets nerfed, so the market will have a strained supply once reserves run out.
    then come to nullsec where its safe.

  5. #45
    Just getting into eve and got my retriever a few days ago, wondering at what point i could make it into null sec to get the good ore. Also, I'd love to come mine with you Zeta

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by dubchee View Post
    Just getting into eve and got my retriever a few days ago, wondering at what point i could make it into null sec to get the good ore. Also, I'd love to come mine with you Zeta
    For a new player no bs you really need 2 accounts and about 2 months worth of training time. You need to be able to soak belt rats with one while you mine with your hulk. I personally use a toon that sits in a domi with 2 large faction armour reps, 3 active hardners and its all cap stable, he just chills there. Iv seen people use drakes or armar ships as well. And you really should be in a hulk out here, if a rat hits your reti it will melt like butter. So my advice. Chill in highsec and save up isk, start another toon and have it train for pve but more importantly soaking. Once you get things settled out then move to nullsec.

  7. #47
    Always nice to see other EVE players around here. I haven't had much time to play in a while, so I'm just skilling my 2 accounts. I mostly do high sec exploration in a tengu with my main account, he is skilled all over the place, at 95+ million SP. My alt is a leadership toon, starting to train her towards a tengu and then BSs.
    “In order to make apple pie from scratch, you must first make the Universe.” Carl Sagan

  8. #48
    oh lame :/ don't want to wait that long why cant i train faster!

  9. #49
    Get some +3 or 4 implants and you will!

  10. #50
    Brewmaster Waervyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denmark/Netherlands/Finland
    Posts
    1,307
    Just started playing the trial. Doing the mining missions. On level 3 you need to manufacture some afterburners, but apparently you need an industry level of 1 for that, which I didn't have. Took me a while to figure out how to get that (buy the skillbook at the market). Would be nice if it was included in the tutorial. Do love the atmosphere of the game though! =)

  11. #51
    I would like to try this game ( as a kid I was hooked on ELITE 2 - Frontier Wars ), so can some1 please tell me what is needed for someone who is just starting?

  12. #52
    Brewmaster Waervyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denmark/Netherlands/Finland
    Posts
    1,307
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    I would like to try this game ( as a kid I was hooked on ELITE 2 - Frontier Wars ), so can some1 please tell me what is needed for someone who is just starting?
    I just started by downloading the free trial and am amusing myself with the tutorials. I like them! I also downloaded the big guide (ISK the Guide) to read =)

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    I just started by downloading the free trial and am amusing myself with the tutorials. I like them! I also downloaded the big guide (ISK the Guide) to read =)
    Can u post link to that ISK guide here?

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Can u post link to that ISK guide here?
    www.isktheguide.com

    I recommend you ask the OP to send you a free trial so you can get 7 extra free days and a Plex. I've been playing it for about 10 days now and it's certainly a lot to take in.

  15. #55
    Ye EVE has a really great skill system, I wish were in an adventure set MMO. No LvLs just more time you play the stronger the character.

  16. #56
    I was interested in started EVE when it came out. However, after learning that the learning curve for this game would be like climbing Mt. Everest in nothing but your skivvies with a hungry mountain lion strapped to your back, I decided not to get started. I do love 4X space games though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .

  17. #57
    The learning curve isn't as bad as all that. It's no worse than your average Final Fantasy game, imo. The problem people have is that so many other MMOs are designed for children to play. EVE is most definitely a grown ups game (and not as in Tera). In the first month of the game, the same length of time it would take a person to reach max level in any other MMO, you do learn a huge amount of stuff, and you will reach 'max level' for one profession. What you do after that is the same as grinding rep/gear to advance your character further. It can be a long hard slog to get the higher tech and larger, more powerful vessels, but that's the same as getting full set of weapons and armour in some fantasy game.

    The other thing about EVE is that you can reroll to a new character, simply by swapping ship and training new skills (in whatever order you chose) The same thing applies as in any other MMO, you need to level up those skills, get new gear and learn the ins and outs of that class.

    It looks complicated with EVE because you can do it all on the same toon, and people who don't do a little light reading before they set out, end up with no direction and get lost, scammed and killed in null sec because someone told them it was a cool place to go after week one. That's like telling a lvl 30 to accept a summon to Twilight Highlands.

    The EVE guide and tutorials and most useful, EVE University (a corporation for newbies) is sufficient for people to get started on their own. There's also forums (this and official) and the highly recommended "Playing with a Friend" tactic to get people through the bumpy start.

  18. #58
    Brewmaster Waervyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denmark/Netherlands/Finland
    Posts
    1,307
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    The learning curve isn't as bad as all that. It's no worse than your average Final Fantasy game, imo. The problem people have is that so many other MMOs are designed for children to play. EVE is most definitely a grown ups game (and not as in Tera). In the first month of the game, the same length of time it would take a person to reach max level in any other MMO, you do learn a huge amount of stuff, and you will reach 'max level' for one profession. What you do after that is the same as grinding rep/gear to advance your character further. It can be a long hard slog to get the higher tech and larger, more powerful vessels, but that's the same as getting full set of weapons and armour in some fantasy game.

    The other thing about EVE is that you can reroll to a new character, simply by swapping ship and training new skills (in whatever order you chose) The same thing applies as in any other MMO, you need to level up those skills, get new gear and learn the ins and outs of that class.

    It looks complicated with EVE because you can do it all on the same toon, and people who don't do a little light reading before they set out, end up with no direction and get lost, scammed and killed in null sec because someone told them it was a cool place to go after week one. That's like telling a lvl 30 to accept a summon to Twilight Highlands.

    The EVE guide and tutorials and most useful, EVE University (a corporation for newbies) is sufficient for people to get started on their own. There's also forums (this and official) and the highly recommended "Playing with a Friend" tactic to get people through the bumpy start.
    I have to agree on this...even though I only started yesterday, I don't feel swamped at all yet. The tutorial does quite a good job to teach you a lot of things (even though sometimes you might have to google something). I know I haven't even scratched the surface of the game yet, but if it keeps going like this, together with reading the guide and googling things, I don't think I'll be superconfused in the time to come. I'd say try it out.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacomp89 View Post
    www.isktheguide.com

    I recommend you ask the OP to send you a free trial so you can get 7 extra free days and a Plex. I've been playing it for about 10 days now and it's certainly a lot to take in.
    Heh I just started. Bought 1 new mining ship and thats it Have some 200K ISK in bank. It is slow for a beginner to get a hang of it

    Plex is expensive, 400mill there is no way i could earn that in 13 days

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Heh I just started. Bought 1 new mining ship and thats it Have some 200K ISK in bank. It is slow for a beginner to get a hang of it

    Plex is expensive, 400mill there is no way i could earn that in 13 days
    If you were to be trained and in nullsec you would. A slow week of mining netted me 1.3 billion in minerals and mind you im selling at below jita price to my corp at that price. Just gota know where the isk is. Also you really DONT need the tuts. Iv never done them, all i did was read eve wiki.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •