Page 32 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    This is the problem with your plan, a faction ship would only spawn in a fraction of the missions available hence there really isn't any OMG epic loots to be had. As for as the plan goes I'd say once you loot and get flagged you have an equal opportunity to get out safe in any frigg, better in one with more low slots as you can stack nanos and i-stabs.
    You mean, comparatively. Once more, my total full bank account is tops 120mil.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    You mean, comparatively. Once more, my total full bank account is tops 120mil.
    No I mean that the very best meta mods dropping from normal battleships might be worth a few of million at best, you could spend a fraction of the time doing level 3 missions with no risk nor preparation/cool down time making that kind of isk while having the same opportunity getting the better meta mods, hell even if you wanted to use your char to only salvage it would be by far way more efficient to just salvage.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    No I mean that the very best meta mods dropping from normal battleships might be worth a few of million at best, you could spend a fraction of the time doing level 3 missions with no risk nor preparation/cool down time making that kind of isk while having the same opportunity getting the better meta mods, hell even if you wanted to use your char to only salvage it would be by far way more efficient to just salvage.
    You went back in the isk/hour mindset didn't you? How can you even enjoy the game with that :P

I'll repeat, I'm working on an alt with the legal portion of salvaging, which I'm doing with him on my currently lvl 2 missions due to lack of rep and that works just fine and will work even better on 3's. But I'm talking about having a little bit of fun.

And with this variant, I don't have to make lvl 4 corpses myself. Noone stopped running diablo2 because Zod had a 0.0001% dropchance anyways.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2013-01-14 at 07:40 PM.

You went back in the isk/hour mindset didn't you? How can you even enjoy the game with that :P
    Because ISK is a means to an end, my clone cost like 25 million, losing a ship can be anything from 25-400 million, ISK supports the fun I have.

And with this variant, I don't have to make lvl 4 corpses myself. Noone stopped running diablo2 because Zod had a 0.0001% dropchance anyways.
    You are highly over estimating the value of lvl 4 wrecks, sure if you find it fun to play it that way you can obviously do just that, if you do the only real factor is how fast you can achieve warp after flagging your self.
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    Because I like to see people branching out of high sec activities, if you read up on the basic mechanics needed to do this, such as cloaking and how warp disrupt bubbles work and ways to avoid them, I will pay the listed killmail price of your first Nemesis if you get blown up roaming nullsec looking for salvage on gates. Honestly, most nullsec systems are pretty damn empty, and it isn't the huge scary place that most people make it out to be.
    I will start practising cloaking with my nemesis as soon as I get Cloaking IV. It's on its way, about 31 hours left. And likely join Bombers Bar channel to get in touch with those in the know.

As far as I understand warp disrupt bubbles:
    - They are usually placed around gates. I'm not sure of a default range.
    - They are usually placed in line with a direct warp-to-gate command from stations or other gates

How to avoid them:
    - use bookmarks or planets, possibly asteroid belts, to avoid directly landing in the bubble(s).

My own questions:
    - If you select the Warp to 0 or just Jump, wouldn't this bypass a bubble?
    - How does the directional Scan function in essence. From the front bow of your ship in the direction it is facing? What if it's at 0.0 speed, will it still recognize front?

Edit: And how do you do the whole "immune to damage and invisible/cloaked thing? People claim that there's several way to come out of a gate.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2013-01-15 at 09:38 AM.

The bubbles can either be placed on a gate, which will stop people from leaving it when they jump in, or in line with one to work as a "drag bubble" because if you warp directly in line with it, then you will overshoot the gate and be dragged into the bubble, which is usually placed a decent distance from the gate. Warping at 0 or Jump does not save you.

Scanner works based on your camera angle in relation to your ship. The direction your ship is facing has no bearing at all on it. It used to be that if you had your ship in the center of the screen you could just turn your camera to face whatever celestial you wanted and then scan. There is now a way to configure it so can click on celestials you want to dscan towards, without having to mess with the camera, but I haven't really worked with it yet. This should help. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jObKvVDJrSM

As far as I understand warp disrupt bubbles:
    - They are usually placed around gates. I'm not sure of a default range.
    - They are usually placed in line with a direct warp-to-gate command from stations or other gates
    Correct, you also have interdictor bubbles that you can drop on the fly so to speak.

How to avoid them:
    - use bookmarks or planets, possibly asteroid belts, to avoid directly landing in the bubble(s).
    Correct.

My own questions:
    - If you select the Warp to 0 or just Jump, wouldn't this bypass a bubble?
    - How does the directional Scan function in essence. From the front bow of your ship in the direction it is facing? What if it's at 0.0 speed, will it still recognize front?
    No, the bubble work in a way which, if you initiate warp towards something that is in the direct line of the bubble you will get sucked out of warp at the edge of said bubble (excluding placements mid warp).

The scanner works based on your camera with your ship as the center point, some creative YouTubing should provide you with some guide or demonstration I think.

Edit: And how do you do the whole "immune to damage and invisible/cloaked thing? People claim that there's several way to come out of a gate.
    When you jump and load the new system you are invulnerable and cloaked (applies to any ship) for 60 seconds (iirc), as soon as you initiates warp you break cloak and can be targeted until you enter warp, the faster you enter warp the less time your at risk of becoming warp scrambled. The trick in a cloaked ship is to initiate warp or double click in a direction if you are bubbled and immediately activate your own cloak to prevent being locked, the risk if you are bubbled and try to move out is that the hostiles can see your position between the jump cloak and your own hence can try to move to that spot and decloak you.

Thanks both of you. I'll get to work then :P

Hi folks!
    After some research and a couple of videos, I've decided to dive into this game. I'm not sure if this is something for me, so I would be glad if any of you had an 21-days trial?
    Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiltrold View Post
    Hi folks!
    After some research and a couple of videos, I've decided to dive into this game. I'm not sure if this is something for me, so I would be glad if any of you had an 21-days trial?
    Thanks in advance!
    Just make sure to pay attention during the starting tutorials. There is a lot of information to digest, so don't afraid to take notes if you have to. And be prepared that Eve is not a forgiving game.

Quote Originally Posted by rossignal View Post
    Just make sure to pay attention during the starting tutorials. There is a lot of information to digest, so don't afraid to take notes if you have to. And be prepared that Eve is not a forgiving game.
    I'm already pretty confused with the nearly endless of way to play this game :O I have i few questions though, I've seen that you are able to complete alot of missions. Is it a good idea to do these in the first couple of weeks, or can I jump right into a mining og trading carrier after the tutorials?

you can pick all paths and make money with all paths. Ship skills are almost never wasted skillpoints though. You might want to start with missions and build a cruiser to get yourself some isk to get proper equipment. On the other hand, if you're a brilliant strategist on the financial market, no one will hold you back.

And join a corp that helps new people.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2013-01-15 at 10:01 PM.

When they say carrier, they mean freighter. Carriers are capital ships that take about a year to train into properly. Freighters are good for hauling lots of goods.

When they say carrier, they mean freighter. Carriers are capital ships that take about a year to train into properly. Freighters are good for hauling lots of goods.
    Aren't they actually misspelling Career as Carrier instead?

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Aren't they actually misspelling Career as Carrier instead?
    Indeed we are

I meant to say Cruiser myself, but ended up making that carrier. Confusion all-over.

Probably can find it online but figured I'll ask in the megathread... the purpose of certificates?

To give you a general idea of skills that are useful. Think of it as an achievement system. The top achievement in the game is Hull Tanking Elite

I re-restarted lol, luckily only a couple days training in but I am set. Kinda for naming / RP reasons.
    Current plan is 3 accounts.
    One Caldari for missile boats (aiming for Tengu)
    One Gallente for drone boats
    One Amarr / Minmatar who will mostly be a support character and eventually train into laser / projectile boats

With the skill split happening soon they're all training to get all racial cruisers to 3 and destroyers / battlecruisers to 5 which works out to be several million skill points free.

This idea might be totally stupid, but bear with me.

There are supposed to be 0.0 sec pirate stations. I'm not sure about their exact position currently, but no doubt EVE wiki has data on that. Since I simply do not know what to expect in 0.0 sec, would it be an idea to roll an alt that " joins" the pirate faction from the tutorial (assuming there is a "join pirates" option in the tutorial as I've read in some places)? My salvaging alt could no doubt use a little more training, but for my basic needs, he's perfectly fine the way he is. So the way I see it, I can roll a pirate alt on that account and go 0.0 sec with virtually no risk of losing major amounts of isk and getting to know 0.0 sec from the start. Or I could make a char on my mining alt account.

Basic plan:
    - Do tutorial, join pirate faction of my choice (probably one pirate faction per default faction).
    - Join a 0.0 corp that allows me to grow into a frigate pvp role and allows me to fly missions in their sector.
    - Share money from my two "main" accounts.
    - Focus on Destroyer/TII frigate training for level 1/2 missions.
    - Learn to live, fight and survive in nullsec.

Is this a good plan?