Page 37 of 61 FirstFirst ...
27
35
36
37
38
39
47
... LastLast
  1. #721
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,370
    Jinna is legit! Too bad you had to resort to stuff like this to keep scammers away.

  2. #722
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Jinna is legit! Too bad you had to resort to stuff like this to keep scammers away.
    It's taken for norm that you'll get scammers with anything EVE related, but it was just getting annoying when the number of scammers started outnumber the number of legits, now it just a joke trying to separate the real from the fake. It's too easy for scammers to PM me daily saying the subbed, and it risks a real trial having their PLEX lost because a scammer guessed the right day.

    I never really run out of my 10 trials per month by email, and this is sure-fire to stop a legit person losing out on their PLEX.

  3. #723
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    It's taken for norm that you'll get scammers with anything EVE related, but it was just getting annoying when the number of scammers started outnumber the number of legits, now it just a joke trying to separate the real from the fake. It's too easy for scammers to PM me daily saying the subbed, and it risks a real trial having their PLEX lost because a scammer guessed the right day.

    I never really run out of my 10 trials per month by email, and this is sure-fire to stop a legit person losing out on their PLEX.
    Doesn't it show their email? Or is that only for ones you send out to people?

  4. #724
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Not really. Let's say that a ship costs 100 million and has another 100 million in modules. Each module has a 50% chance of dropping, so you will get on average 50 million from this situation.
    Of course, sometimes you have an 1 million ship with 10 million in modules or a 100 million ship with 50 million in modules.
    is that 50% drop chance for both mounted modules on ship and stuff in the cargo ?

  5. #725
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    is that 50% drop chance for both mounted modules on ship and stuff in the cargo ?
    Yes. With the exception of rigs, which are a type of module that can't be removed from the ship without destroying the module.
    But the cargo drop chance is per item stack, so if you have one stack of 1 000 000 Pyerite for example, the entire stack has a 50/50 chance of dropping or getting destroyed.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2013-02-04 at 08:18 PM.

  6. #726
    Brewmaster Treeskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,411
    Hey guys! Long time lurker in this forum and first time poster for it. I had 2 questions for the people here.

    1. Me and my friend just started 14 day trials. Now can you stack the 21 day trial ontop of it?

    2. If the above is yes, would anyone be willing to give us them? Would need two, but will take just one.

    Thanks all and would also be looking for any suggestions about corps to look for as a beginner.

  7. #727
    I've been re-subbed for a month now and I'm enjoying my time in EVE more than the first walk through it, which took a year of utter boredom and waiting for it to get better.

    I have a main account and 2 alt accounts. The main account is slowly progressing towards Battleships while at the same time trying to get as many as possible skills related to flying ships in general and my Stealth Bomber (Nemesis). She's currently actually my least played character.

    Someone on these boards suggested that PI was the real and only way of making money so I've been busy setting it up for myself on my 2 alts (in 0.5, where our corp is based atm). I even wrote a starter guide for a few in my corp, due to the fact that I could only link them to sites that tells them which skills to take and what to do, but not exactly step by step which actions should be taken, such as routing and upgrading, what to build first, etc.

    I started by going for passive PI. If my production would have gone well, I figured I could get 70 to 80 mil a month and that seemed like a good plan, but it felt too slow. And missioning just took too much time. So, instead, I reconfigured my planets and now I have 6 resource and 1 production planet, plus one planet that is "passive" and produces one product to sell as an additional source of revenue.

    Right now, I need to fly between planets for about 10 minutes, maybe 20, a day and I make about 30 mil per 3.333 days. Taxes not yet calculated. So I'll end up with a profit of about 27mil per 3.5 days. 27mil might not sound like a lot to you, but as long as I am forced to solo level 3 missions, the average income per mission is perhaps 1.5mil in bounty + 6mil salvaging + looting and loot often ends up being worth less. I do about 2 missions per evening and then I run out of time. Assuming 3 evenings, I make perhaps 20 mil, tops, in actual ISK.

    The way I see it, running missions, right now, is barely worth it.
    - I currently gain resources that could supply two planets, yet I have only one, so I'll be expanding soon.
    - I'm using buy orders to get additional P2 and process that into P3, then sell the P3 to gain a 30% profit, since one planet can sustain two P3 production plants, but not enough P2 production plants to provide enough resources to both P3 plants.
    - Missioning takes three times the time and barely the same profit. So while I play League of Legends, I'm making money in EVE.

    So, whoever the guy was that recommended PI. Thank you _very_ much. I can start expanding my PI to two or three production planets, virtually still use the same amount of time, since I have two screens, and make 90 mil-taxes per 4 days.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2013-02-05 at 09:21 AM.

  8. #728
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Hey guys! Long time lurker in this forum and first time poster for it. I had 2 questions for the people here.

    1. Me and my friend just started 14 day trials. Now can you stack the 21 day trial ontop of it?

    2. If the above is yes, would anyone be willing to give us them? Would need two, but will take just one.

    Thanks all and would also be looking for any suggestions about corps to look for as a beginner.
    No you can't upgrade to 21 day trial without starting over. Might be worth looking into doing depending on how long ago you started.

  9. #729
    Quote Originally Posted by emanresu View Post
    Doesn't it show their email? Or is that only for ones you send out to people?
    The trial through link is very anonymous, only showing the date (and method) they subscribe.



    There's a screenie of my Past Invites.

  10. #730
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I've been re-subbed for a month now and I'm enjoying my time in EVE more than the first walk through it, which took a year of utter boredom and waiting for it to get better.

    I have a main account and 2 alt accounts. The main account is slowly progressing towards Battleships while at the same time trying to get as many as possible skills related to flying ships in general and my Stealth Bomber (Nemesis). She's currently actually my least played character.

    Someone on these boards suggested that PI was the real and only way of making money so I've been busy setting it up for myself on my 2 alts (in 0.5, where our corp is based atm). I even wrote a starter guide for a few in my corp, due to the fact that I could only link them to sites that tells them which skills to take and what to do, but not exactly step by step which actions should be taken, such as routing and upgrading, what to build first, etc.

    I started by going for passive PI. If my production would have gone well, I figured I could get 70 to 80 mil a month and that seemed like a good plan, but it felt too slow. And missioning just took too much time. So, instead, I reconfigured my planets and now I have 6 resource and 1 production planet, plus one planet that is "passive" and produces one product to sell as an additional source of revenue.

    Right now, I need to fly between planets for about 10 minutes, maybe 20, a day and I make about 30 mil per 3.333 days. Taxes not yet calculated. So I'll end up with a profit of about 27mil per 3.5 days. 27mil might not sound like a lot to you, but as long as I am forced to solo level 3 missions, the average income per mission is perhaps 1.5mil in bounty + 6mil salvaging + looting and loot often ends up being worth less. I do about 2 missions per evening and then I run out of time. Assuming 3 evenings, I make perhaps 20 mil, tops, in actual ISK.

    The way I see it, running missions, right now, is barely worth it.
    - I currently gain resources that could supply two planets, yet I have only one, so I'll be expanding soon.
    - I'm using buy orders to get additional P2 and process that into P3, then sell the P3 to gain a 30% profit, since one planet can sustain two P3 production plants, but not enough P2 production plants to provide enough resources to both P3 plants.
    - Missioning takes three times the time and barely the same profit. So while I play League of Legends, I'm making money in EVE.

    So, whoever the guy was that recommended PI. Thank you _very_ much. I can start expanding my PI to two or three production planets, virtually still use the same amount of time, since I have two screens, and make 90 mil-taxes per 4 days.
    I guess if you're looking at passive income PI is not too bad, but then you really need to do it in low / null sec to see some real ISK.

    I don't understand how missions aren't that good for you. I know doing level 4's in a decent fit BS will net you 100 - 120m ISK per hour on average.

  11. #731
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    I guess if you're looking at passive income PI is not too bad, but then you really need to do it in low / null sec to see some real ISK.

    I don't understand how missions aren't that good for you. I know doing level 4's in a decent fit BS will net you 100 - 120m ISK per hour on average.
    Hence the reference to lvl 3 missions

    Edit: And, if I really wanted to make money, I would just start buying the resources and turn all my planets into production planets. I would be making bilions of isk with virtually no or low risk. Which is also why I'm staying out of low-sec. Currently, those 30mil, are basically half my wallet. You have to start thinking in my context before you vote it down

  12. #732
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Hence the reference to lvl 3 missions
    Level 3 missions should still blow high sec PI out of the water. Maybe skills are low?

  13. #733
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    Level 3 missions should still blow high sec PI out of the water. Maybe skills are low?
    No? And No, actually.

  14. #734
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    No? And No, actually.
    Ever thought about mining? No offence but 30m per 3.33 days is laughable (same as 90m per 4 days). It also requires very little input.

    I know when I was doing level 3's in my harbinger I was clearing WAY more than that.

  15. #735
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Right now, I need to fly between planets for about 10 minutes, maybe 20, a day and I make about 30 mil per 3.333 days. Taxes not yet calculated. So I'll end up with a profit of about 27mil per 3.5 days. 27mil might not sound like a lot to you, but as long as I am forced to solo level 3 missions, the average income per mission is perhaps 1.5mil in bounty + 6mil salvaging + looting and loot often ends up being worth less. I do about 2 missions per evening and then I run out of time. Assuming 3 evenings, I make perhaps 20 mil, tops, in actual ISK.

    The way I see it, running missions, right now, is barely worth it.
    - I currently gain resources that could supply two planets, yet I have only one, so I'll be expanding soon.
    - I'm using buy orders to get additional P2 and process that into P3, then sell the P3 to gain a 30% profit, since one planet can sustain two P3 production plants, but not enough P2 production plants to provide enough resources to both P3 plants.
    - Missioning takes three times the time and barely the same profit. So while I play League of Legends, I'm making money in EVE.
    Try running missions as fast as possible, and skip looting/salvaging the wrecks. You can find guides on how to blitz missions on http://eve-survival.org/ and this should prove more profitable, just make sure you're trading your LP for the best possible ISK/LP item (probably ammo unless you're with an corp that sells some decent BPCs).

    Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    I don't understand how missions aren't that good for you. I know doing level 4's in a decent fit BS will net you 100 - 120m ISK per hour on average.
    Good skills and well fit faction BS/Marauder then sure, but if you are just getting into a Raven then you don't have a a chance. He's also doing level 3s which are obviously no where near as profitable as L4s.

    Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    Level 3 missions should still blow high sec PI out of the water. Maybe skills are low?
    The thing is that PI is fairly passive, while missioning requires you to actually play to earn the ISK.
    Last edited by emanresu; 2013-02-05 at 10:31 AM.

  16. #736
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    Ever thought about mining? No offence but 30m per 3.33 days is laughable (same as 90m per 4 days). It also requires very little input.

    I know when I was doing level 3's in my harbinger I was clearing WAY more than that.

    Allow me to explain again.

    The best mission I encountered so far, netted me 980K + 980K time bonus, with 3.5mil bounty. The salvaging gave me an inventory of estimated 8mil, which turned out to be closer to 5. I spent 1.5 hours doing that mission, due to the fact that I, well that was silly actually, triggered the TRIGGERS in rapid succession and due to the fact that I was being surrounded by Elite ships. I probably could have done it in an hour.

    (Drake passive/active shield tank) Most skills at IV, some at V.

    So that's 1.960.000 + 3.500.000 + 5.000.000 in let's assume 1 hour. That's 10.460.000 in that hour. That's the best mission I have had so far. The thing is, I had to invest a full hour of my attention to blowing up and salvaging ships, for 10.5mil.

    In PI, I fly up and down once, while playing Path of Exile, with half an eye on EVE. If I lose my ship, I lose an investment of 5 mil tops (I fly an Iteron III with beta expanders which comes down to roughly 11km3, exactly enough for the launch pad) and I carry no implants. Per planet, without upgrades V, I can produce 5 P3 per hour, without adding additional sub-products(P2) myself. That's simply the limit. That limit doesn't change when I go to low sec.

    The only thing that increases are the resources gained from the planets. And while those resources increase, my need for a more expensive industrial increases and my risk increases while flying around that more expensive ship, carrying more resources, while the global risk also increases, since 0.5 is still "secure" and a suicide bomber rarely focusses his attention on a few K m3..

    In other words. With my current wallet, I simply cannot afford to invest in low-sec.

    Relatively speaking, as long as the limit per planet does not increase, your production is always capped by the amount of throughput on your production planets. The amount of resources is not the bottleneck. And as long as my wallet is a bottleneck, I should stay out of high-risk business. I can't take the punch, why risk getting hit by the punch.

    So what IP does for me is simple. It allows me to make the same amount of money I would otherwise have to spend hours flying utterly boring missions for, while being completely free in what else I do. I can split doing PI in parts, across my day, which I can't do with missions and I actually make more money per hour.

    While 30mil per 3.5 days is laughable, to you the almighty *played EVE for 8 years straight person*, for me it's 30mil for a total 1hour investment and will turn into 90, soon, for still that exact same amount of time. It's not a per-hour thing. It's simply a whenever I feel like it thing. And since I can't be arsed to run boring missions for hours or do boring mining for hours, this is the most effective way to gather ISK, which I can turn into more ISK.

    @both: I (repeat mode) do not have the money to fly or replace a Raven. I fly a Drake with META 4 equipment and some TII.
    @ Emanresu: Salvaging across two accounts on two screens is basically synchronized flying. I lose no additional time.

    Edit:
    In more words, The mechanic doesn't expect to be understood by the CEO of his company, but he does expect that the CEO understands he can't afford the same car.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2013-02-05 at 10:49 AM.

  17. #737
    Brewmaster Treeskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,411
    As I'm going to be picking this up with my friend can anyone recommend a beginner friendly way to make money that would suit a team?

  18. #738
    Salvaging level 3 missions is not worth it, neither is clearing whole rooms. The best result is "blitzing" missions as in only kill the trigger ships.

    But if you only want to play 10 - 20 min a day and make some passive income through PI I guess we play for different reasons.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 07:12 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    As I'm going to be picking this up with my friend can anyone recommend a beginner friendly way to make money that would suit a team?
    Missions, mining (don't do this >.<), exploration, faction warfare off the top of my head.

  19. #739
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    Salvaging level 3 missions is not worth it, neither is clearing whole rooms. The best result is "blitzing" missions as in only kill the trigger ships.
    By which you purely mean LP to ISK conversion, I guess. It's not like lvl 3 missions offer that much isk or LP as a reward. Will likely be different for level 4 missions, but as long as the average salvage is 150% of the return value of the mission in total, I will probably keep salvaging. Especially when the mission isn't blitzable. (especially since I do them at the same time, like laundry -> wash it, dry it while adding another wash).

    I don't play games "to play only 20 minutes", but the PvE side of EVE is utterly boring and it has been brought to my understanding, that to PvP, or any other opportunity, actually, you need money. So I'll be exploring the trading side of EVE, but with my current wallet, I will start my business in high-sec, with low profit and expand my business as my wallet grows.

    It's not like I decided to be stuck here. Your feet just left the ground I have to live on. I'm not sure what your total assets amount to, but I figure you're a multi-bilionaire and that means you can't even relate anymore.

    Start small, grow big.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2013-02-05 at 11:22 AM.

  20. #740
    Brewmaster Treeskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    Salvaging level 3 missions is not worth it, neither is clearing whole rooms. The best result is "blitzing" missions as in only kill the trigger ships.

    But if you only want to play 10 - 20 min a day and make some passive income through PI I guess we play for different reasons.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 07:12 PM ----------



    Missions, mining (don't do this >.<), exploration, faction warfare off the top of my head.
    Okay that's good we've always been into competitive PvP and things in almost any game we've played. Now I'm assuming exploration would be the most forgiving to new players, but if you have good insight into either of those 2 options I'm all ears!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •