Page 39 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    Can someone pls explain to me what is the benefit from declaring a war against another corp besides choking them down in their mining operations ? you receive isk if your corp won the war by end of the week or what ?
    To crush them, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women.
    Still bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    I guess if you're looking at passive income PI is not too bad, but then you really need to do it in low / null sec to see some real ISK.

I don't understand how missions aren't that good for you. I know doing level 4's in a decent fit BS will net you 100 - 120m ISK per hour on average.
    maybe half that. lots of people make these claims of level 4s making 100mil an hour, it's not true.

they forget to take into account the time it takes to convert your LP into sold items. 100m/hour is just the theoretical maximum using funny math. I used to run level 4s in a faction fit Mach with 1800 dps, and i never truly broke 100m/hour, and i was completing level 4s in under 30 minutes, any level 4.

i made 3x as much isk doing low/null exploration in a proteus that cost 1/5th the price of that faction mach, which is sold, btw...

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    To crush them, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women.
    LOL hell ya!

Can someone pls explain to me what is the benefit from declaring a war against another corp besides choking them down in their mining operations ? you receive isk if your corp won the war by end of the week or what ?
    You can attack them in high sec with no punishment I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj
    your a Gnome, how the heck does it feel to suck that badly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle
    Gnomes are awesome, and piss people off, how does it feel to die to a tiny pink puffball?

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Allow me to explain again.

The best mission I encountered so far, netted me 980K + 980K time bonus, with 3.5mil bounty. The salvaging gave me an inventory of estimated 8mil, which turned out to be closer to 5. I spent 1.5 hours doing that mission, due to the fact that I, well that was silly actually, triggered the TRIGGERS in rapid succession and due to the fact that I was being surrounded by Elite ships. I probably could have done it in an hour.

(Drake passive/active shield tank) Most skills at IV, some at V.

So that's 1.960.000 + 3.500.000 + 5.000.000 in let's assume 1 hour. That's 10.460.000 in that hour. That's the best mission I have had so far. The thing is, I had to invest a full hour of my attention to blowing up and salvaging ships, for 10.5mil.
    Damn really? you are unlucky with it then.

When i played i used a rattlesnake with salvager + tractor beam fully afk fit.
    Took me usually 30min to complete a lvl 4 mission and on average i got 40-50m isk per hour

When i went serious i got into my raven + alt in a destroyer salvaging stuff.
    with that i would earn around 80m isk per hour.

though with the afk fit i would have the alt mine as well making me another 12m isk per hour.

I don't play the game anymore i just pay to skill up and go to the yearly fanfest.
    http://eveboard.com/pilot/Psyrelle my char

Active Wow Player | Active D3 Player | Active Eve Player | Active Wot Player | Scrub Openraid Raid Leader| Eve Gametime | Youtube / Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    Damn really? you are unlucky with it then.

When i played i used a rattlesnake with salvager + tractor beam fully afk fit.
    Took me usually 30min to complete a lvl 4 mission and on average i got 40-50m isk per hour

When i went serious i got into my raven + alt in a destroyer salvaging stuff.
    with that i would earn around 80m isk per hour.

though with the afk fit i would have the alt mine as well making me another 12m isk per hour.

I don't play the game anymore i just pay to skill up and go to the yearly fanfest.
    http://eveboard.com/pilot/Psyrelle my char
    See thats nothing compared to nullsec anoms, I make from 34-37mill ticks every 15 minutes with just one carrier sentry ratting. Not to mention the isk i make putting a noctis in thes site after each anom. If i was running 2 carriers sentry ratting it would be double. Nullsec hands down is the place to make isk.
    Last edited by Zeta333; 2013-02-09 at 04:54 AM.

Yeah, now that CCP has released the summer skill changes I'm training for a carrier on my main account since I no longer have to worry about BS 5 in a race I have no plans on using. I have 2 alt accounts that are currently training into Ishtars, and now I'll probably advance them to carriers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by shewkoi View Post
    maybe half that. lots of people make these claims of level 4s making 100mil an hour, it's not true.

they forget to take into account the time it takes to convert your LP into sold items. 100m/hour is just the theoretical maximum using funny math. I used to run level 4s in a faction fit Mach with 1800 dps, and i never truly broke 100m/hour, and i was completing level 4s in under 30 minutes, any level 4.

i made 3x as much isk doing low/null exploration in a proteus that cost 1/5th the price of that faction mach, which is sold, btw...
    Speaking from first hand experience I was making around 150m an hour with a good LP:ISK faction. If I were to go to a more common faction like Caldari Navy I would be looking at around 100m an hour and this was with around 15m SP (focused though, nothing wasted). It is common knowledge this is the average of level 4 missions in a decent fit BS. I was flying a standard Apoc and working for a certain Amarr faction (forgot name).

Since I find missions so dull now I make money on my newish Industrial toon and it works out famously. She can work 9 manufacturing lines and each brings in around 25m ISK profit per day. Very AFK friendly I only need to log onto her for an hour each day.

25m * 9 = 225m * 30 = 6.75b a month. Currently at four accounts, looking to increase. Always wanted to be a POS owner who does research / copy / invention. Good ISK there too.

Edit: Found this to be amusing: https://forums.eveonline.com/default...13&find=unread

TLDR: Basically nullsec isn't the be all and end all some people claim it to be.
    Last edited by Schmittay; 2013-02-09 at 08:18 AM.

Speaking from first hand experience I was making around 150m an hour with a good LP:ISK faction. If I were to go to a more common faction like Caldari Navy I would be looking at around 100m an hour and this was with around 15m SP (focused though, nothing wasted). It is common knowledge this is the average of level 4 missions in a decent fit BS. I was flying a standard Apoc and working for a certain Amarr faction (forgot name).

Since I find missions so dull now I make money on my newish Industrial toon and it works out famously. She can work 9 manufacturing lines and each brings in around 10m ISK profit per hour. Very AFK friendly I only need to log onto her for an hour each day.

10m * 9 = 90m * 24 = 2.16b a day. An hours work for four PLEX worth of ISK Currently at four accounts, looking to increase. Always wanted to be a POS owner who does research / copy / invention. Good ISK there too.

Edit: Found this to be amusing: https://forums.eveonline.com/default...13&find=unread

TLDR: Basically nullsec isn't the be all and end all some people claim it to be.
    That thread is prety much full of shit, As iv been in null for over a year now and when pvpers arnt pvping they are roaming or ratting in capitals and making heaps of isk or mining or doing exploration sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    That thread is prety much full of shit, As iv been in null for over a year now and when pvpers arnt pvping they are roaming or ratting in capitals and making heaps of isk or mining or doing exploration sites.
    So basically there is mining (oh god why would anyone do this?), ratting which is almost as boring, and PvP roams which we all know is one poor traveler getting blobbed or sitting at a gate camp. I've looked through countless kill mails and it's usually 10:1 so I hardly call that fun PvP. Exploration is alright I guess but you can do that anywhere. Actually same for mining and ratting...

The real fun seems to be in low / WH space. Dunno how many threads have popped up about making null not so boring. Which it is.

So basically there is mining (oh god why would anyone do this?), ratting which is almost as boring, and PvP roams which we all know is one poor traveler getting blobbed or sitting at a gate camp. I've looked through countless kill mails and it's usually 10:1 so I hardly call that fun PvP. Exploration is alright I guess but you can do that anywhere. Actually same for mining and ratting...

The real fun seems to be in low / WH space. Dunno how many threads have popped up about making null not so boring. Which it is.
    You wont make the kind of isk anywhere ratting or mining or doing exploration like you do in null.

Damn you and your 90day special returning player offer CCP!!!!! I've signed up to eve once more after several months away from the game. Pleasantly surprised to find out im still in my old corp as well after all this time. Not booted which was surprising really as they are very big and active usually regularly clear out inactives.

Now to work out what to skill train again and start making some ISK! all that comes tomorrow though as i really need to get to bed.

You wont make the kind of isk anywhere ratting or mining or doing exploration like you do in null.
    If you compare the activities directly you are correct ie mining in null vs mining in high (so long as you're part of an op) / ratting in null vs ratting in high etc but those are the two most boring things you could do. Exploration is a different story but you got the risk of getting blobbed plus you need high SP for it. Even then FW, level four missions and Incursions bring comparable ISK per hour.

Another question guys...why on earth ppl selling toons with +20 mill or even +70 mill SP in character bazaar? why? these toons can be ready almost doing anything in game ? why throw them? ISK for selling them..these toons can make income more than that in couple of months so why they are selling them?

Another question guys...why on earth ppl selling toons with +20 mill or even +70 mill SP in character bazaar? why? these toons can be ready almost doing anything in game ? why throw them? ISK for selling them..these toons can make income more than that in couple of months so why they are selling them?
    Some people have multiple accounts and don't need all the toons they have. The 20-25b from a 70 mill SP character could come nice. And you don't need a 70 mill SP character to make 25 bill in a couple of months.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2013-02-10 at 08:17 AM.

If you compare the activities directly you are correct ie mining in null vs mining in high (so long as you're part of an op) / ratting in null vs ratting in high etc but those are the two most boring things you could do. Exploration is a different story but you got the risk of getting blobbed plus you need high SP for it. Even then FW, level four missions and Incursions bring comparable ISK per hour.
    Im sorry earning isk is borring but being able to afford anything you want isnt. I can afford pretty much anything outside of a titan and alliance tourney ships right now if i wanted to. If everything in the game is borring go leave and play world of casual craft. And no you dont have anymore of a risk of getting blobbed runing profession sites and you dont need high SP.

Im sorry earning isk is borring but being able to afford anything you want isnt. I can afford pretty much anything outside of a titan and alliance tourney ships right now if i wanted to. If everything in the game is borring go leave and play world of casual craft. And no you dont have anymore of a risk of getting blobbed runing profession sites and you dont need high SP.
    I quit WoW a few months ago and started playing EVE again. I have tons of fun in it which is why I have several accounts, I try to do everything from manufacturing to exploration and even some PvP. There are a lot of things that need to be worked on, null is one of them. If your happy with it there now then grats but there are thousands who aren't. The SOV system for instance discourages actual wars, the major powers that were once enemies are now in coalitions with each holding valuable tech moons. Sure they still have skirmishes they allow but it's just for funsies. None of them want to give up what they own so they are content. Not to mention even if you lose an entire fleet of Titans and Supercarriers the corp wallets shrug it off and replace it within a week.

You gotta understand the majority of players are in highsec so it seems they get more content, it'd be nice if CCP focused on getting them down there but for a lot of people it's simply not worth it. I hung onto my WoW account for four years because I was attached to it, not because I enjoyed it, seems a lot of EVE players feel the same way.

Oh and you WILL get blobbed doing exploration sites in null (there is a reason why almost every single guide says to love your d-scanner).
    And I didn't mean high SP, I guess a focused 15m pilot could do a 10/10 with minimal wasted skills. Probably less with certain ships.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 08:00 PM ----------

It's also a business.

You can make a decent Tengu pilot with around 12m SP (they're always in demand) and sell for around 6-7 billion ISK.

With good planning with attribute remaps to keep maximum SP / hour (2610 with +4 implants) you can get this in about 6 months.

With buddy trials you start with 21 days and if you refer off the Tengu account that's a bonus 30 days so so far one and three quarters free so you only have to pay for five months which can be done with two and a half billion ISK. That will net ya 3.5 - 4.5b profit.

Edit: I see you mean higher SP toons, some people have multiple accounts and want to scale down or they trade toons quite a bit trying different things. Believe it or not a 70m SP toon is nowhere near able to do everything :P If you started day one and trained at maximum speed until this day you still wouldn't of maxxed out all skills. That's why I like a few so I can focus them in their own direction.
    Last edited by Schmittay; 2013-02-10 at 12:05 PM.

Edit: I see you mean higher SP toons, some people have multiple accounts and want to scale down or they trade toons quite a bit trying different things. Believe it or not a 70m SP toon is nowhere near able to do everything :P If you started day one and trained at maximum speed until this day you still wouldn't of maxxed out all skills. That's why I like a few so I can focus them in their own direction.
    Its like 50 years to max skills, the game is just now hitting its first 10 lol

I quit WoW a few months ago and started playing EVE again. I have tons of fun in it which is why I have several accounts, I try to do everything from manufacturing to exploration and even some PvP. There are a lot of things that need to be worked on, null is one of them. If your happy with it there now then grats but there are thousands who aren't. The SOV system for instance discourages actual wars, the major powers that were once enemies are now in coalitions with each holding valuable tech moons. Sure they still have skirmishes they allow but it's just for funsies. None of them want to give up what they own so they are content. Not to mention even if you lose an entire fleet of Titans and Supercarriers the corp wallets shrug it off and replace it within a week.

You gotta understand the majority of players are in highsec so it seems they get more content, it'd be nice if CCP focused on getting them down there but for a lot of people it's simply not worth it. I hung onto my WoW account for four years because I was attached to it, not because I enjoyed it, seems a lot of EVE players feel the same way.

Oh and you WILL get blobbed doing exploration sites in null (there is a reason why almost every single guide says to love your d-scanner).
    And I didn't mean high SP, I guess a focused 15m pilot could do a 10/10 with minimal wasted skills. Probably less with certain ships.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 08:00 PM ----------

It's also a business.

You can make a decent Tengu pilot with around 12m SP (they're always in demand) and sell for around 6-7 billion ISK.

With good planning with attribute remaps to keep maximum SP / hour (2610 with +4 implants) you can get this in about 6 months.

With buddy trials you start with 21 days and if you refer off the Tengu account that's a bonus 30 days so so far one and three quarters free so you only have to pay for five months which can be done with two and a half billion ISK. That will net ya 3.5 - 4.5b profit.

Sov grinding has always been awful, and it's been like it is now for years (correct me if I'm wrong), but coalitions are a more recent fad. The Alliance/Coalition leaders are just making excuses.

Also it's a lot less profit than you're stating for making tengu pilots, you're looking at ~4b for 5 months worth of PLEX, 2x PLEX for transfer and implants. Then you have to actually sell it for that price, there's a lot of competition. You also have to hope that in 6 months when your character is ready Tengu pilots are still worth that much. It's a lot of investment for only 50% profit after six months.

do i have any change getting into incursions isk farming with over 6mil sp char ?