Page 40 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    do i have any change getting into incursions isk farming with over 6mil sp char ?
    Not really sure what your asking, but 6million SP wont mean much in incursions if they are all in Industrial skills and ships.

Quote Originally Posted by emanresu View Post
    Sov grinding has always been awful, and it's been like it is now for years (correct me if I'm wrong), but coalitions are a more recent fad. The Alliance/Coalition leaders are just making excuses.

Also it's a lot less profit than you're stating for making tengu pilots, you're looking at ~4b for 5 months worth of PLEX, 2x PLEX for transfer and implants. Then you have to actually sell it for that price, there's a lot of competition. You also have to hope that in 6 months when your character is ready Tengu pilots are still worth that much. It's a lot of investment for only 50% profit after six months.
    I have been stalking Character Bazaar, my information is accurate. If you WTS Tengu pilot expect a reply ASAP. Oh and I lost a bid on a 12m SP Tengu pilot, winning bid over 7b. So long as it's a super focused character, it will sell for that much.

When I sell my toons I usually pay the $20 fee also which is equal to ONE plex. Implants are 100m max. No need for charisma implant.

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 06:58 AM ----------

do i have any change getting into incursions isk farming with over 6mil sp char ?
    General requirements are being able to fly a battleship (such as the king of the month Machariel), with tech 2 fittings and great support skills. I doubt at 6m you have those skills.

i want to create an alt account but i want to have same video, audio and generals settings, also same windows size and shit. is there any way i can copy configuration from one acc to another ? thats possible in WoW to copy all hotkeys and stuff.

i want to create an alt account but i want to have same video, audio and generals settings, also same windows size and shit. is there any way i can copy configuration from one acc to another ? thats possible in WoW to copy all hotkeys and stuff.
    No idea, I have four accounts at the moment but because I do different things with them each UI is different. With video / audio settings it should be the same for all accounts.

On another topic I started using Red Frog Freight since some of my manufacturing jobs require a huge amount of cargo...best thing since sliced bread! Within a couple months I should have the skills to fly a freighter myself but until then this is a boon to my endeavors!
    Last edited by Schmittay; 2013-02-13 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    Within a couple months I should have the skills to fly a freighter myself but until then this is a boon to my endeavors!
    It takes like 20 days or so. And it saves you a huge amount of ISK in a long run.
    Not that Red Frog is expensive, but it's... slow. I can't afford to wait 1 or 2 or 3 days to get my stuff transported. I can't have billions of ISK locked in a station somewhere for days because the frogs are too busy to pick it up.
    Nothing personal against them, they are as fast as a courier contracts can go, but it's just not fast enough.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2013-02-14 at 12:31 AM.

Agreed. ___ Frog Freight is really nice. I forget which one it was, but their expedited service was pretty damn impressive. Just keep in mind there's more than just Red.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    It takes like 20 days or so. And it saves you a huge amount of ISK in a long run.
    Not that Red Frog is expensive, but it's... slow. I can't afford to wait 1 or 2 or 3 days to get my stuff transported. I can't have billions of ISK locked in a station somewhere for days because the frogs are too busy to pick it up.
    Nothing personal against them, they are as fast as a courier contracts can go, but it's just not fast enough.
    20 days for me at the moment but I have more important skills to train before I can start on freight. For me they have usually accepted my contracts within the hour and delivered it around another hour after. Plus even if it did take a couple days I have all manufacturing slots busy so it can take a couple days before I can use them. Perfect for someone for me but definitely not if you need to move stuff ASAP.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 09:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    Agreed. ___ Frog Freight is really nice. I forget which one it was, but their expedited service was pretty damn impressive. Just keep in mind there's more than just Red.
    Red, black and blue!

20 days for me at the moment but I have more important skills to train before I can start on freight. For me they have usually accepted my contracts within the hour and delivered it around another hour after. Plus even if it did take a couple days I have all manufacturing slots busy so it can take a couple days before I can use them. Perfect for someone for me but definitely not if you need to move stuff ASAP
    Another problem is that it's limited to 1b collateral, so for larger collateral you have to setup multiple contracts or use Blue Frog, which is both more expensive and slower.
    Again, they are probably the best courier service, it's just that it's always better to have your own freighter.
    By the way, there is a skill change coming with the summer expansion: the freighter's main skill will be Advanced Spaceship Command on 5, and the racial industrial will be secondary and it will be required only on level 3. But if you train it now you will still have it when the change hits.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2013-02-14 at 02:06 AM.

Well I'm gonna be busy for a while lol....

Just bought 76 BPC of five run battlecruisers. If I had 23.6b upfront I could have it done in just over 8 days with all my manufacturing slots running...but I don't hehehe.

I never understood why some tycoons went to the forums for start up money but now I do, as an Industrialist you have very little liquid ISK, everything is tied up in assets and running costs. I started my Indy toon with 5b ISK to cover everything, now she is down to 1b with 7b floating in various things. Sure I could get 8b in ISK but then I'd have to stop everything and spend a rather lengthy time consolidating everything meanwhile profits would stop completely.

But god this is fun! If all runs fine and prices don't fluctuate for the worse I am looking at pocketing 2.5 - 3b, or worst case I go belly up and I start again lol.

And yes...I am spending as much time if not more in spreadhseets, a couple programs and websites. Simply what it takes to be successful in this game (on the industrial side).
    Last edited by Schmittay; 2013-02-15 at 02:15 PM.

Brewmaster
    I have always loved the industrial side of the game. So much thinking and planning involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    I have always loved the industrial side of the game. So much thinking and planning involved.
    If I ever apply for an accounting job or production efficiency role, I swear EVE Online is going in my job experience, or the very least relevant skills section :P

How long does it take to train the skills for the industrial side of the game ?
    I prefer trading but the competition in my preferred region and station has increased significantly, and I've made only 500m for the past week, compared to the average 1-1.5b/week a month ago, and I had to actually work hard for these 500m...
    Last edited by haxartus; 2013-02-16 at 06:04 AM.

Basic manufacturing would need the following:

Industry V
    Production Efficiency V
    Mass Production V
    Advanced Mass Production IV (this'll get you 10 manufacturing slots)
    Supply Chain Management at around III

That's for basic T1 stuff, which is what I am doing at the moment, plenty of profit if you do your homework which I assume you do if you trade a lot. I also assume you have decent Trade skills such as Accounting and Broker Relation's along with the skills for however many buy / sell orders you may need. Depending on how much capital you have it might be worth it to work of BPCs since most T1 BPOs need a bit of research to be worthwhile and they can be expensive to buy.

After I finish my trading / freighter skills I'll be working on science for operating my own POS for research / copying / invention.
    Last edited by Schmittay; 2013-02-16 at 06:50 AM.

im currently in minmatar militia.
    -where can i exhcange loyality points ?
    -what can i buy for them ? i heard battleships even
    -where can i sell them without contracting and hauling them to jita ? (i dont rly know how to do this yet so i rather sell it by myself somewhere close)

If you're in the Minmatar militia, I wouldn't advise going anywhere near Jita, unless you're planning to do it on an alt account.

You'll be looking for TLF (Tribal Liberation Force) stations, the LP stores sell a range of things from implants and modules right up to entire ship hulls. Your best places to sell them would be Rens and Dodixie, the Minmatar and Gallente market hubs.

I asked this several pages back, then we got a crap ton of posts in and the whole discussion got lost. Fanfest in 2 months, who's going?

So basically there is mining (oh god why would anyone do this?), ratting which is almost as boring, and PvP roams which we all know is one poor traveler getting blobbed or sitting at a gate camp. I've looked through countless kill mails and it's usually 10:1 so I hardly call that fun PvP. Exploration is alright I guess but you can do that anywhere. Actually same for mining and ratting...

The real fun seems to be in low / WH space. Dunno how many threads have popped up about making null not so boring. Which it is.
    Well, to be fair there really isn't any part of the game that isn't boring. If you are claiming industry isn't boring I'm not sure what you are smoking while doing it, but can you drop some of it off for me LOL. Every individual aspect of the game is tediously boring, yet as a whole the game is very satisfying. Amazing how the sum of a million crappy parts makes such a good experience, boggles the mind.

Quote Originally Posted by gainesvilleg View Post
    Well, to be fair there really isn't any part of the game that isn't boring. If you are claiming industry isn't boring I'm not sure what you are smoking while doing it, but can you drop some of it off for me LOL. Every individual aspect of the game is tediously boring, yet as a whole the game is very satisfying. Amazing how the sum of a million crappy parts makes such a good experience, boggles the mind.
    I'll flat out claim that Industry ISN'T boring :P On a basic level I guess it would be but once you go large scale it's a real rush. I can't wait till I have enough capital to start a real business over multiple alts. I understand some people don't have what it takes to do it so it may seem overwhelming / boring but for people like me it doesn't get better. I was also the kinda guy in WoW who heavily played the market and make millions of gold rather than wanting to raid / PVP. In the end it was boring and uninteresting compared to EVE so here I am!

I'd have to argue about each individual aspect of the game being boring, some things are plain fun for me like exploration / WH and small scale PVP.
    Last edited by Schmittay; 2013-02-18 at 01:17 AM.

OK enough with the waiting...LOL, I made my 2 month old main account as industrial and I bought character from character bazaar for 12.5 bill, 50 mill SP + annual remap rdy +2 bonus remap + 277k unallocated SP + (+4) all implants and pvp focused skill hardwiring +free resculputre + pvp focused can fly SB/Black ops/BC/BS/Tengu/Marad...pretty good deal imo, I was checking the forums like a Hawk for the past 2 weeks till I jumped on this.
    Last edited by Ballistic; 2013-02-18 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    OK enough with the waiting...LOL, I made my 2 month old main account as industrial and I bought character from character bazaar for 12.5 bill, 50 mill SP + annual remap rdy +2 bonus remap + 277k unallocated SP + (+4) all implants and pvp focused skill hardwiring +free resculputre + pvp focused can fly SB/Black ops/BC/BS/Tengu/Marad...pretty good deal imo, I was checking the forums like a Hawk for the past 2 weeks till I jumped on this.
    Sounds like a good deal, hope you have fun with it!

Is doing Planetary Interaction on alts worth it? (on the characters on the other two character slots on your account) I mean, starting PI requires very little learning and you don't have to learn anything else after a few basic skills, so you can focus on combat skills or whatever on your main. Hauling large amounts of goods won't be a problem as you can use your main for that.

I mean if I once learn the PI skills on my alt characters on my 3 accounts (3 characters), is it possible to earn considerable amount of ISK "for free" by this way? It of course requires a lot of management, but in the end you don't have to check your planets every day. I'd use the ISK to cover all the running costs on my mains, so I don't have to buy PLEX with IRL money and sell it for ISK in addition to three subscriptions. I guess this wouldn't be a long time goal, just as long as I'm able to run lvl 4's by myself, which would take several months to learn everything to lvl 5.
    Last edited by dragothica; 2013-02-18 at 10:34 AM.