Page 69 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Corporations will now be able to decide whether or not attacking fellow corp mates can carry penalities (ATM, you can join any corporation and shoot your fellas without worry of repercussions outside of him shooting back).

This is a very much needed change; can't tell you how many times people have joined corps and took advantage of the fact that your not flagged when you shoot fellow guys, especially those pirates who join mining corps and take their covert assassination ship out to the op and pop turrets while everyone's having a beer.
    the source of my last rage quit....

Elections for the tenth CSM start next week.

Also, everyone with an active account on the 25th will get a civilian model of a CONCORD Pacifier shuttle. Unlike the other playable CONCORD vessels ingame, you sadly cannot fit modules on to it. Will make for a great touring ship, though! Let's be honest; it's only gonna sit in people's hangars and never be taken out for a flight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Elections for the tenth CSM start next week.

Also, everyone with an active account on the 25th will get a civilian model of a CONCORD Pacifier shuttle. Unlike the other playable CONCORD vessels ingame, you sadly cannot fit modules on to it. Will make for a great touring ship, though! Let's be honest; it's only gonna sit in people's hangars and never be taken out for a flight.
    I'll fly it in null, what could go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre-Z View Post
    I'll fly it in null, what could go wrong?
    This is the right attitude!

Unless Brave gets involved.
    pretty sure last time pl was just there for fights. if they wanted to deep dick brave and hero they could drop 150 supers or 250 slowcats and brave couldnt do shit about it. besides bcpro is a dickbag so he has had it coming to him for about 2 years now.

Deleted
    What's the learning curve like? It sounds amazing but I'm kind of intimidated by how complicated everything is.

Quote Originally Posted by jmschallock View Post
    What's the learning curve like? It sounds amazing but I'm kind of intimidated by how complicated everything is.
    Not as terrible as everyone tells you it is but you will still have to invest a lot of dedication to be good at anything. When you just want to join a big fleet and shoot what your commander tells you to there is basically no learning curve.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is an old but appropriate image for exactly this question.

Eve has easily the most complex UI of any game i have ever seen. And for the first 4-5 years there was no tutorial. You literally got thrown into the shark tank with nothing but a plastic butter knife to defend yourself. Nowadays at least, there is a tutorial, but the ui is no less overwhelming.

I am not currently subbed, but i played from 2004 until about 2012.

Just to give you an idea of what life in Eve is like on a global scale, the game was described by one of the guys at Penny Arcade as a "Treachery Simulator."
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2015-02-19 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Just to give you an idea of what life in Eve is like on a global scale, the game was described by one of the guys at Penny Arcade as a "Treachery Simulator."
    Most accurate description of the game since "Microsoft Excel: the Video Game".

Most accurate description of the game since "Microsoft Excel: the Video Game".
    compltly inaccurate. I know plenty of people who have played the game and never touched a spreadsheet. If you get into endgame industry or logistics you will use spreadsheets but otherwise you will rarely need one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    compltly inaccurate. I know plenty of people who have played the game and never touched a spreadsheet. If you get into endgame industry or logistics you will use spreadsheets but otherwise you will rarely need one.
    People mean spreadsheets as in the over-complicated UI that clogs up all your screen rel estate while playing, as opposed to using traditional, simple controls to fly, etc etc.

The game really is a game about treachery, though.

So, does anyone like the EVE Online soundtrack? What would you say is your favorite soundtrack to the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Randoman01 View Post
    So, does anyone like the EVE Online soundtrack? What would you say is your favorite soundtrack to the game?
    Can't say anything about my most favorite piece from the game, but the EVE OST is definitely one of the best out there and I listen to it alot. It's a beautiful, grand track that doesn't wear out your ears, and it's unique sounds truly make you feel like your in space.

Well, I tried to get into it. Did the tutorial, didn't find the UI that confusing afterwards.
    What stopped me playing was the BORING gameplay. The "combat" is horrendous.

I'm sure the corporation politics and backstabbing are a blast to witness, but the actual gameplay did not thrill me at all.

I'm not into the economy/crafting in MMOs, so just not the game for me.
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2015-02-20 at 05:57 AM.

Judging combat off of early level, one on one (or against two, three rats) PVE with just a couple of modules to use does the game no justice. Even when not fighting against other players, the combat can yet extremely fast paced and strategic, and there's a very high skill cap (as in player skill, not stat skill) for gameplay, especially when flying in a group. I understand if you wanna bail now though, it does take a bit of time (a couple months) and a few friends to fly with before you get to the place where the game's combat (and everything else tbh) truly shines.

- - - Updated - - -

Average EVE combat isn't anywhere near boring; managing multiple targets and their subsystems (later on, you can actually shoot more than one target at once and even target specific systems) while trying to hack their ships, remodulating your systems, cycling shields, blasting afterburners to maintain distance, and controlling squadrons of drones, all the while juggling your power and usage is extremely fun IMAO. Gets even more fun when in a group and your coordinating and comboing.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a lot of depth (and much more complexity) involved to the actual combat.

I think large fleet combat doesn't really do the game justice, the small gang stuff 10v10 or 20v20, even 50v50 could be considered a relatively small engagement, small gang is really fun bacause you don't die instantly if you get targeted, the main problem i think is that the more ppl there are the worst the alpha gets, upto the point that ppl are dying each second to focus fire, as fast as your FC can call targets is basically how fast ppl die in the large fights. some of the more resistant ships can tank really well if you catch reps before popping. the best i've done is probably tanking a 100 man drake fleet in a tengu, the logi saved my ass but the blob of drones on me holy hell getting shot at by that many ppl is just an ounce above nerve wracking. the pvp in eve is the only pvp to ever give me the shakes, cold sweats, knowing you could potentially die at any second. hoping you don't screw up or miss an order.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2015-02-20 at 07:34 AM. Reason: less wall

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the first time i got into a real fight in EVE and won, barely surviving in a burning ship against superior odds, limping off to hide while my repair systems slowly repped me up was far, far and away the most intense feeling ive ever had in any kind of video game. My adrenalin was surging, my hands were shaking, it was incredible. I actually had to get up and walk around for a few minutes just to calm down.

The knowledge that if you win, you survive, if you lose, you lose everything adds an unreal level of emotional investment to EVEs pvp. Unlike WoW, where you lose nothing but a few points of rating and a couple minutes of your time. Of course as you gain wealth and build a fleet of disposable ships that emotional investment decreases somewhat. But if you are a poor little pirate operating solo or in a small corp, every ship is a treasure that can be hard to replace.

Ultimately i had to quit, because i just didnt have the time to go out on those long patrols and hunts anymore.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2015-02-20 at 02:41 PM.

Full run down of the new patch

10+ Year Old Account
    PL fielded 16 dreads in Bloodline's main system today. Ouch.
    Last edited by Medusa Cascade; 2015-02-25 at 03:20 PM.

PL fielded 16 dreads in Bloodline's main system today. Ouch. Also a director of FUCSS, a Bloodline corp, stole 7.8bn then left.
    thats all they had? and again i stand by this being kharma against bcpro.