Page 1 of 101
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Megathread] EVE Online

The other thread was eaten by the forum, so I'm starting a new one. Also bumping my services as 21day trial + reward PLEX. New month kicked off, so I have 10 fresh invites.
    Last edited by Sj; 2012-08-18 at 11:49 PM.

I was wondering when you would make a new thread

Also, I just started doing incursions. Can't argue with 100 mill/hour.

I can see why people complain it is a

I just started last week thanks to Jinna. Good times so far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ambar0691 View Post
    I just started last week thanks to Jinna. Good times so far.
    You need to check your PMs, I need to find you in game for your PLEX!

Can i please have a invite to my email blue-blood-penguin.com ?

Highly recommend this game. I played for about 3 years from day 1 and had some great times. Difficult game with the best pvp ever. I can't even pvp in other games as it simply doesn't compare!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    I was wondering when you would make a new thread

Also, I just started doing incursions. Can't argue with 100 mill/hour.
    I see you and raise you:

The only problem with this is that's just nonstop Deltole shooting from one OTA to the next in a Mach/Vindi fleet.

Guess how long it takes before you're sick of it -.-

Vanguards need a fix desperately.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Yeah, I was excited every time we entered an OTA because I knew EXACTLY what I was supposed to shoot. The FC did a bad job of tagging the others, and since it was only my first day doing it I went the "shoot ALL the things!" approach. I'm in a Tengu, which I understand to be bad at incursion running, and we had people in Maelstroms/Tempests and even a hurricane, so we were far from shiny. I can't in good conscience recommend people train for lvl 4s anymore. You'd might as well just start incursions as soon as you can decently fit out a Tempest/Megathron with meta 4 guns and tech II shields.

See the problem with incursions, except for the random one we get down here next door in Period Basis, they require you to stay in highsec. And tbh, i CBF going into highsec unless i need to make a jita run or get some skill books. Nullsec is where this game is played.

10+ Year Old Account
    L4's are a good source of income, the problem with being in a Tier 1-3 BS without T2 guns is you're a dime a dozen and a lot of people sadly pass you up for T2 gunned Pirate BS's in Incursion fleets. L4's in the right hubs are still up 4 mil + bounties + 9k LP a mission in highsec. Currently finishing putting my Maurader together, it's handy when you can't get a fleet running or you just don't have the hours to commit.

Missile ships have terrible delay and overkill. We came across a CNR fleet and were popping primaries before their missiles landed, hence why they're not so popular.

Low/Null incursions are only touched by a few groups that have the manpower to form defence fleets. Some of the null incursions are ignored in parts of Sov while their alts are running them in highsec.

I thought that was pretty cool too. It's interesting to see how much ship prices are rising due to the botters being banned and the impending doom of gun mining.

Deleted
    I played Eve for a while last summer, but after two months I still didn't feel like I could do anything interesting and quit. I love the concept though and I've been thinking of giving it a second shot sometime, so I thought I'd ask a few questions here:

Does it take long to get into incursions? Do you need to a good corporation or can you just join in the fight?
    I liked the concept of exploring but got burnt out on how long it took to find a valuable site which after that could just be empty. Does it get better in low-sec, and how long does it take to fit a suitable low sec exploring vessel?
    I also liked colonization, but it got tedious to haul stuff between systems every time I logged in. Is it any good income to keep your production chain simple and sell only raw materials or basic products?

I guess that's enough for now, I'll ask more if I think of some. All in all I didn't mind that Eve isn't particularly noob-friendly, but I still thought that many of its cool concepts were unnecessarily tedious and timeconsuming in practice. For example trying to optimize colonisation power/CPU usage was a pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gun mining will always have some effect as long as rats drop loot, especially with Scrap metal processing allowing for perfect refine.

This will really affect Morphite though, T2 will go up in costs.

There is a way to pay for your accounts through non incursioning. Missioning still generates enough isk p/m to afford you a plex. 500 mil can be gathered in a week (whereas it takes a day in incursions)

If you have the ability to salvage your missions, scrap metal refine and then haul your salvage and minerals (And more expensive modules) to a nearby market hub, you'll be making cash quicker.
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2012-04-04 at 10:00 AM.

Deleted
    Surely the prices of ships will drop, the Value of the ISK will increase as 'counterfeit' ISK is removed from the system. The ISK in my wallet, all obtained legally was being devalued by the cheap ISK that was being obtained illegally from botting or RMT. The more illegal assets and ISK removed from the game, the more valuable my ISK has become.

This could itself become detrimental to the market in the short term, as myself and people like me (who don't have a lot of ISK) hold off spending it, waiting for prices to drop. This is exactly (almost) what happened in the the recession. A lot of money was defrauded, loans were unsecured, the value of people's assets plunged and they ended up in negative equity.

In EVE terms, you will end up with people who bought ships legally when their price was inflated due to botter ISK, and now that ship will be worth a lot less ISK. Also manufacturers who bought the materials for ships at price X and were hoping to sell the ship at X+Y(profit) will find that the new value of X is much much lower and they will be making a loss on ships sold post the seizure of all that illegal ISK. CCP won't bail these people out, though and a lot of ship manufacturers will struggle over the coming months.

I foresee a lot of people turning up to incursions as they are one of the biggest faucets in the game.

Jinna Can you send me a trial invite please ? I have been looking to get into eve for about 2 weeks now, I am just waiting easter holiday to get it going.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HugoGomes View Post
    Jinna Can you send me a trial invite please ? I have been looking to get into eve for about 2 weeks now, I am just waiting easter holiday to get it going.
    Send me your email address in a PM.

OK doing it, thank you
    Last edited by HugoGomes; 2012-04-04 at 11:21 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PotatoCoffee View Post
    Yup, tons of RMTers and filthy botters get torn to pieces, a pleasing sight.

Btw, feel free to send me your email address in a pm for a 21d trial, it's longer than the one lone people can get.
    Last edited by mmoc3fe040ec5f; 2012-04-05 at 12:21 PM.

Deleted
    i'm not happy with the proposed changes to war declarations. small corps of care bear miners will be forced to find alliances. one of the things that has always been good about eve's sandbox nature was that some people could avoid p v p if they wanted to. some of the proposed changes will allow larger corps grief smaller ones who just want to mind their own business.