Page 4 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome, just went afk when I thought I was making a 9 jump trip to Jita, forgot to hit auto pilot before tabbing for a half hour...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Awesome, just went afk when I thought I was making a 9 jump trip to Jita, forgot to hit auto pilot before tabbing for a half hour...
    You shouldnt be using auto pilot in the first place.

Got my Retriever and fitting ready! Now its just waiting for the skills to be done. just 3d1h to go!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PotatoCoffee View Post
    I look forward to the day you fly your first empty Freighter to it's pickup destination some 30+ jumps through highsec.

Autopilot <3
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get ready for those 400 million Abaddons

The prices are sky rocketing, Hurricanes 26million now 50million

Good for the miners, but as someone said on the official forums. The extra profit the miners will just be poured back into buying ships that are more expensive now. :P

Drakes in Rens were up to nearly 65 million last I checked. I remember buying my first one there for only 28.

10+ Year Old Account

Got my Retriever and fitting ready! Now its just waiting for the skills to be done. just 3d1h to go!
    Still pretty new to the game (~a week), but what is the alternative when jumpin around between SoE area and Jita?
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?

10+ Year Old Account
    Still pretty new to the game (~a week), but what is the alternative when jumpin around between SoE area and Jita?
    He just means that it takes much much longer to auto pilot jump then manual jump to gates since auto pilot won´t jump you 0M from the gate so you can jump straight away.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Welcome to the retarded 30 day grind for astrogeology 5 and mining barge 5. I personally think its stupid u need mining barge 5 for a covetor considering a hulk is like less than a days trianing away from a covetor but i herd they are changing that. Retis are so squishy and put out so little ore that i just have my alt haul while he finishs his last 14 days to mining barge 5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    He just means that it takes much much longer to auto pilot jump then manual jump to gates since auto pilot won´t jump you 0M from the gate so you can jump straight away.
    Oh, does auto default to the "warp within 15km" option?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Welcome to the retarded 30 day grind for astrogeology 5 and mining barge 5. I personally think its stupid u need mining barge 5 for a covetor considering a hulk is like less than a days trianing away from a covetor but i herd they are changing that. Retis are so squishy and put out so little ore that i just have my alt haul while he finishs his last 14 days to mining barge 5.
    Going to use Retri anyway got it from corp and i need those skills anyway so why not use it

Oh, does auto default to the "warp within 15km" option?
    Dunno if its 15 but auto pilot does need to travel a while to the gate since its to far away to jump right away

If you're near a trade hub in a Retriever you need to be on the lookout for suicide gankers. Retrievers are paper thin and can be brought down quite easily by anyone in a day old destroyer. The farther from a hub you are, the fewer gankers there will be.

My first suicide gank

The loot gods were not in my favor
    Let this be a lesson: Don't put 1 bill in stuff on a ship that can be taken down in 10 seconds.
    Last edited by kumduh; 2012-04-12 at 12:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    If you're near a trade hub in a Retriever you need to be on the lookout for suicide gankers. Retrievers are paper thin and can be brought down quite easily by anyone in a day old destroyer. The farther from a hub you are, the fewer gankers there will be.

My first suicide gank

The loot gods were not in my favor
    Let this be a lesson: Don't put 1 bill in stuff on a ship that can be taken down in 10 seconds.
    Ah Teon.. where many pilots first decide "Fuck it I'm going to train Warp Drive Operation"

Also I love combat storyline agents, huge standings chunk, nice bit of isk in bounties and then they give me a mining foreman link as a reward \o/

Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Ah Teon.. where many pilots first decide "Fuck it I'm going to train Warp Drive Operation"
    Guilty as charged.

Great thread so far! I'm very interested in playing this game, but I work rotating shift-work + being married = I really only get to play when I'm off during the day while my wife is at work.

I know that the more time you have to pour into the game the better, but I was just wondering if it's reasonable to get anywhere in the game with this kind of time constraint. The thing I do like is that skilling up is time-based, which makes my time constraints easier.

If I were to play, here's how I'd approach it:

- Aim towards Hulk mining on my main account
    - Participate in hi-sec mining ops in my barge whilst playing Mortal Kombat 9 on PS3! :]
    - Once I am able to sufficiently net enough money to pay for (1) ((ideally 2 but I know that's a stretch for a newer player)) Plex's a month, I plan on starting a second account for PvP hijinks!

Do you think any of this is really reasonable with the time I do have to play? Regardless, I am interested in the 21-day trial if anyone can shoot one my way!

Deleted
    There are always people online to do business with. also there is only one server for the whole world so if you play during the day it is probably the evening for some other guys. if you are in the USA then you can play with EU people. there lots of money you can make while offline. look up planetary interaction. there is also market trading to be done. if you get good, you can make 3 0 million easily solo per hour in high sec while on your hulk, more if there I'd an orca idling at corp pos giving bonuses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    Guilty as charged.
    Magiko to Gulf in 3 warps?

Hey guys, I played eve for quite a while, and I had a niche way of making a lot of isk, and it was fun!

But the prices of the navy ships dropped after they increased the loyalty points for faction missions.

How much does navy domi and a navy mega go for these days?

Deleted
    For people new to the game, or returning to the game after some absence I highly recommend giving this a look. It's a great source of income that can be done in High, Low or Null Sec that doesn't require a huge amount of time spent in game.

http://www.kevinsthoughts.com/2011/1...ery-long-post/

It's really good if you are only logging on for a short time each day to adjust skills or catch up with Corp and Friends, and then playing somewhat more at weekends to clear out the customs hubs.

It's also a great way to have money trickling in while you wait the 40+ days it takes to get a Hulk (Done well it might even pay off the cost of the Hulk when you have the skills)

10+ Year Old Account
    My alliance is at war with Double Tap but they won't even enter null sec to fight us...they prefer easy targets. I want a good fight

Hey dudes, and dudesses. I have played EVE for a bit and it was interesting, but couldn't really get in to it because I didn't want to.

What I am really interested in is hearing about DUST 514. The technology and ideas behind having an FPS directly connected to the EVE universe is awesome.

Saw the videos about a group of mercs taking a base in DUST (planet surface) and requesting orbital bombing from a ship in EVE. It was awesome.

Can anyone provide more info or where I should look for it?