Page 24 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    :O Sounds cool. Thanks for the information.

Can someone give me the 21 day code to invite friends? I'm gonna download the game right now.
    Follow the link in my sig. If you sign up using the correct methods, you'll also get a Free PLEX.

PM me with your ingame name if you upgrade.

!!! Thanks Jinna, I totally love you.

Deleted
    Hey guys, my friend told me to look into this game and that it's an MMO set in space with science fiction.

I saw the subscription rate is $15/month but does anyone know the cost of buying the game/expansions itself? (I couldn't really find that info on the website, it took me straight to making an account for the game, which I don't want to do just yet. Don't call me lazy. :/)
    The game is also on sale on GMG. It's only 5$ for the starter pack (30 days)! Also, if you get a 21 day trial and add game time on top of that the 21 days will add onto your game time. Just keep in mind that anyone who recruits you won't get a PLEX (30 days of game time that you can sell on the in-game market) if you buy the game from 3rd party websites including steam, GMG, etc.

Eh I'll do it from the official website, it's fine. I already made an account via Jinna's link.

So like, what race are you guys that I should be choosing? Or anything else I should be picking to be near you guys?

Deleted
    The choice of race has very little long term impact. It determines a few of your starter skills and reputations, but in reality, it matters little in the long run.

Deleted
    As far as I know MMO-Champion doesn't actually run a corporation in EVE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh I'll do it from the official website, it's fine. I already made an account via Jinna's link.

So like, what race are you guys that I should be choosing? Or anything else I should be picking to be near you guys?
    Also be sure you complete all the tutorials and do the career missions until the end. Youll get a few ships, modules, and skill books. Plus you can get your feet wet on the many things EvE has to offer. Bare in mind when I say tutorial I mean dont click the X and close it, at the very least hit next to the end of each that pop up as they will give you the items, if you close it you will not receive them and end up getting stuck or buying the needed items to finish the career mission yourself.

Now is also a really good time to join because you can get the holiday gifts, including a specially skinned frigate which you can sell for ~150m.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    As far as I know MMO-Champion doesn't actually run a corporation in EVE.
    Well we should.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

I finished the basic training and they're asking me to pick a career path. Actually I'll sample them all, but any suggestions?

I definitely suggest doing all of them. They will give you a very basic understanding in: mining, refining, and constructing things with ore; scanning the 4 types of cosmic signatures, and general fitting/combat.

---------- Post added 2012-12-20 at 10:10 PM ----------

I just read the article Why Newbies Quit EVE written by a guy in E-UNI describing his experience with new players trying to conquer the learning curve

If you're a new player and have ANY questions regarding skills, missions, ship fittings - anything at all - please ask here before you become frustrated with this game.
    Last edited by kumduh; 2012-12-21 at 03:30 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    If you're a new player and have ANY questions regarding skills, missions, ship fittings - anything at all - please ask here before you become frustrated with this game.
    Just remember, all help comes with a price; this is EVE after all....

So dunno how many of you keep up on whats happeneing but we just killed 2 ratting supercarriers last night,

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=15598780

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=15598864

The nyx was ratting with nuets in system so we formed a kitchen sink fleet, and got it tackled, System was cyno jammed so we couldnt get caps into the system, Well with the nyx tackled we got it to about 30% armour and then a neutral drake warps into the bubbles and lights a cyno, well it seems that they turned off the cyno jammer and the drake proceeded to cyno in another supercarrier to help it, this time an aeon, So the fleet primaried the drake and then got back on the nyx while the aeon was kept pointed. By this time i had the batphone to some blues and they were inbound from 4 regions away with super cap support. We killed the nyx finally and got his pod then started on the aeon who went down suprisingly fast which you can tell why by his fit, At about 30% armour reinforcments were in jump range and we cynoed them in and then the aeon popped 15 seconds latter, and kadeshi was down 2 supercarriers.

Can you get absolutely wrecked and lose everything in game? Is it like completely PVP?

Cause like, I read this article where some guy was transporting like 500 PLEX game time codes or something in his spaceship and his spaceship got killed and...? It seems like he lost all those codes?

It is possible to lose EVERYTHING like The Wild in Runescape orrr...?
    Your main character is pretty much immortal. You gain skill points which are your main strength in the game. It IS possible to lose skill points if you forget to upgrade your clone or to buy a new clone after you get pod killed, but clones are cheap for the first few years, so pretty much nothing bad can happen to your character.
    All of your other stuff is destroyable though. It is completely safe in NPC stations, but if you take it out of the stations, it is in danger.
    There are high, low and null security systems, which split the game into 3 different gameplay areas.
    In high security, anyone who attacks you will get killed by the police in 5-10 seconds, so you have to be carrying something very valuable for someone to bother. Generally if you need to transport something very valuable but don't have the means to do it safely, you can pay someone to do it and they take the risk themselves. Moving 100 plexes safely about 9 jumps (Jita-Amarr) should cost you between 400 and 500 million, which is not even the cost of one plex, so there is no excuse for human stupidity.
    In low security, there is no police but the attackers get security status penalties and they get attacked by gate or station guns, which are pretty much harmless to big ships but not to frigates, which are very popular pvp ships because they are cheap.
    In null security, there is no security whatsoever, which means everyone is a free target for everyone. The biggest difference between null and low is the lack of security status penalties and the existence of warp bubbles, which can drag you from your destination and make you unable to warp while you are inside them.
    Another big difference between high sec and low/null is the existence of capital ships in low/null. Capital ships can't enter high sec, with the exception of a few industrial ones which can't be used in combat.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2012-12-22 at 01:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

All hail our "Yule lads"!
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post

All hail our "Yule lads"!
    At 2:00-2:20, I almost dropped on the floor laughing. You don't see many companies making a parody of their stuff.
    Also Santa's reindeer sign on the Corax...
    To appreciate the parody fully, people need to watch this first:
    Last edited by haxartus; 2012-12-22 at 06:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Tribal Band will be pushing into Stain soon with carriers and titans etc. If you're in that area in two weeks be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    Looks like Tribal Band will be pushing into Stain soon with carriers and titans etc. If you're in that area in two weeks be careful.
    They are going to push into stain a npc nullsec area? That makes no sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are going to fight COVEN in Stain according to my sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    So dunno how many of you keep up on whats happeneing but we just killed 2 ratting supercarriers last night,
    Very nice! I just don't understand why someone would try to rat in any capital ship, let alone one that can sit in a PoS and assign drones to someone else.