Page 26 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Icebear View Post
    Well, HED simply become an insane place after TEST took it from AAA
    It was allready a cluster fuck now test just enjoys non stop fleets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    Yesterday I joined small mining CORP and they are building me retriever in cost of staying them at least 6 months and give them 50% of my mined ore I don't know if this is good deal or not but we will see
    The deal is borderline scam and horrible. Take the Retriever and leave ASAP.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone have any knowledge about W-Space? Seems that finding a C2/C3 W-hole that hasn't got people in it already is becoming more and more difficult. We have the POS and everything to get it all online (including haulers etc).
    Is it just a matter of time and luck or is there something else involved?
    Last edited by Rixxe; 2013-01-02 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixxe View Post
    Does anyone have any knowledge about W-Space? Seems that finding a C2/C3 W-hole that hasn't got people in it already is becoming more and more difficult. We have the POS and everything to get it all online (including haulers etc).
    There is only so many WH systems and with the time that's passed since they where added I'd say you will be hard pressed to find an empty one. At it's core EvE is a PvP game so if you want something that isn't high-sec space you generally have to take it by force.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    There is only so many WH systems and with the time that's passed since they where added I'd say you will be hard pressed to find an empty one. At it's core EvE is a PvP game so if you want something that isn't high-sec space you generally have to take it by force.
    I don't mind taking it by force, but would rather just get an empty one. Any idea how much time it takes to get everything online for a medium POS? Don't want to get caught with my pants down in a hauler!

Does mmo-c have a corp?

I don't mind taking it by force, but would rather just get an empty one. Any idea how much time it takes to get everything online for a medium POS? Don't want to get caught with my pants down in a hauler!
    Think it's around 2-3 minutes per structure, can't remember anchor and online time of a medium as I just returned to the game my self, large is 30+30 min though.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not to derail your thread, but reading these comments hurts my brain and intrigues me. I've been rewatching firefly lately and I can envision a weird EvE/Rift Hybrid MMO based on the Firefly universe....god that would be the most amazingly nerdy MMO ever.

Open Space, play the game in the air or on the ground as you see fit....man it would be amazing.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's ALWAYS bugged me that people try to WoWify the name by making the 'V', lowercase.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by greysaber View Post
    It's ALWAYS bugged me that people try to WoWify the name by making the 'V', lowercase.
    Wasn't intentional, I have a bad keyboard calm down rage monster. It doesn't like to depress very well, I frequently have to go back and add letters to words that didn't make it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wekapedia View Post
    Does mmo-c have a corp?
    Not that I know of. The majority of Eve players dont come to MMO-C and many that do dont tell talk about Eve that much around these parts.

You know what ALWAYS bugs me more? People who assume everything points back to World of Warcraft...

Are you hunting for the hole from high, low or null? It's been a while since I played, but if I remember correctly if you're looking in high-sec yeah, all you're likely to find are occupied holes, since (for various reasons) WH's with high-sec statics tend to be popular.

When I did exploration in null and low, poking my nose into whichever wormholes I happened to find, I noticed a lot more of them were unoccupied compared to what you find in high-sec. Granted, some of those are higher class holes, 4-6, and most were still occupied but I stumbled across the occasional empty 2 and 3 as well.

When you're hunting for an unoccupied wormhole to set up shop in, patience is the key. I lived solo in various C2's for a few months back a couple years ago (even then, most holes were occupied) and it could take a week or two even to find somewhere you wanted to live. Keep searching, eventually you'll find something you want.

Oh, and while you're searching wormholes, do make sure they are ACTUALLY occupied, not just apparently occupied. You might already be doing this, but when you find a POS in a hole, don't assume it's active - do a directional scan and make sure there's a force field up. It's not terribly common, but a few times I've stumbled across a POS that was inactive for whatever reason that still had a corp hanger / ship maintenance bay intact around it. Blow 'em up, steal their goodies and whatever ships spill out of the maintenance bay I've made several hundred million that way a couple times and it's a quick and easy check

EVE Online and Everyone vs Everyone are in fact the same game.

On the subject of low class wormholes, you might be able to buy them off the EVE forums. As always, be careful who you trust. Silent Terror has a bad reputation. You'll also want to get intimate with http://www.staticmapper.com/index.php
    Last edited by kumduh; 2013-01-03 at 12:55 AM.

For me it's habit and has nothing to do with WoW, the logo in many places used to look like EvE, it's since then changed to be all capital letters in most places though.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarsson View Post
    Are you hunting for the hole from high, low or null? It's been a while since I played, but if I remember correctly if you're looking in high-sec yeah, all you're likely to find are occupied holes, since (for various reasons) WH's with high-sec statics tend to be popular.

When I did exploration in null and low, poking my nose into whichever wormholes I happened to find, I noticed a lot more of them were unoccupied compared to what you find in high-sec. Granted, some of those are higher class holes, 4-6, and most were still occupied but I stumbled across the occasional empty 2 and 3 as well.

When you're hunting for an unoccupied wormhole to set up shop in, patience is the key. I lived solo in various C2's for a few months back a couple years ago (even then, most holes were occupied) and it could take a week or two even to find somewhere you wanted to live. Keep searching, eventually you'll find something you want.

Oh, and while you're searching wormholes, do make sure they are ACTUALLY occupied, not just apparently occupied. You might already be doing this, but when you find a POS in a hole, don't assume it's active - do a directional scan and make sure there's a force field up. It's not terribly common, but a few times I've stumbled across a POS that was inactive for whatever reason that still had a corp hanger / ship maintenance bay intact around it. Blow 'em up, steal their goodies and whatever ships spill out of the maintenance bay I've made several hundred million that way a couple times and it's a quick and easy check
    Cheers for the info. Yes from High-sec. I'm make sure it's active, or as you say, i'd blow it up. I might try and find one in low-sec then as the base is only a few jumps away, the idea of running haulers through low-sec doesn't exactly make jump with joy. (Also as i lost a few ships due to gate campers......)

Cheers for the info. Yes from High-sec. I'm make sure it's active, or as you say, i'd blow it up. I might try and find one in low-sec then as the base is only a few jumps away, the idea of running haulers through low-sec doesn't exactly make jump with joy. (Also as i lost a few ships due to gate campers......)
    You can setup a jump freighter contract, short range (10-20 jumps) low sec is typically about 50M with Black Frog (100 mill for null) , 320 000 m^3 limitation. It goes up with distance, I've paid +200M for 60 jumps transport, 30 of which were in null.
    But if you corp is good it should have it's own JF already, 7B is not that much, especially for a corp.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2013-01-03 at 09:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I... i finaly gave in and bought EVE, on steam..

Created a trial acc a long time, but never played more than a few days, nor bought it earlier cause of WoW.

Before i link my steam acc to a EVE acc i want more info on that 21 day trial thing :P Also some bit of help on how to actualy play the game is welcome >.<
    Last edited by Neeka; 2013-01-05 at 01:23 PM.

The 21 day trial is a referral you get from someone with an active account. If you upgrade the person either gets a PLEX or 30 days of game time. PLEX is an in game item redeemable for 30 days of game time, and it can be sold on the open market, currently priced around ~560 mill.

If you figure out how to actually play the game, please let me know since I've been playing for nearly 2 years and still haven't figured it out. I suggest starting with the tutorials, then doing the profession mission chains, and then doing the Sisters of EVE epic arc. After that, learn how to build or tear down sand castles.

There should be a fair few beginners guides on YouTube, my advice/lesson would be to always expect people to have an agenda and if something looks to good to be true it surely is just that, EvE is a harsh game where almost anything goes and your mistakes are your own to learn from as CCP rarely steps in to correct them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thx guys, i'll watch some youtube vids, and can any of you get me a referral? Its better to start with a 21 day trial than with a 14 one :P