Page 38 of 61 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Okay that's good we've always been into competitive PvP and things in almost any game we've played. Now I'm assuming exploration would be the most forgiving to new players, but if you have good insight into either of those 2 options I'm all ears!
    Exploration is very hit or miss. You could in two hours make enough ISK to pay for two months playtime or not even find a site (high sec exploration is very competitive). I don't really know much in EVE as I am quite new too so someone else might be able help you more. EVE New Citizen Q&A is very helpful for advice too.

If you're into PVP maybe Factional Warfare is for you. From what I understand it's PVE and PVP?

YOu all really should aim to get out into nullsec as soon as your skills allow you to. Not only is ratting in anoms like 500x better than missions but mining is more profitable and safer and exploration is more profitable.

Neither PI or missions or exploration or mining is the real way to make serious ISK in the game.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2013-02-05 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Neither PI or missions or exploration or mining is the real way to make serious ISK in the game.
    And such an impressive post, that even required an edit no less, doesn't come with the information as to what is the way to make money?

Best way to make isk? Scamming. Why do you think I've been flooding Jinna's inbox with PLEX requests!?

Joking aside, the fastest way to make money is market trading or properly running wormhole sites. Nothing else comes close.

Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    Best way to make isk? Scamming. Why do you think I've been flooding Jinna's inbox with PLEX requests!?

Joking aside, the fastest way to make money is market trading or properly running wormhole sites. Nothing else comes close.
    Myea, but if I'm not mistaken it requires a few friends and some pretty well equipped ships to run wormholes. Trading is something I'm slowly growing into with my alts. As I said, it seems as if many don't consider the fact that you have to start somewhere and even though corps might take you in and do you a few favours, they won't give you 2bil, pat you on the back and tell you to go invest in something.

My current PI is a means to gather money until I can do level 4 missions or at least join my corp in doing them. Eventually I will expand my alts into multipurpose trading and my main in a more pvp centered direction, with some exploration on top (got Covert Ops, so at least I got scanning/stealth down). Just..not yet

It's a bit troublesome to defend a position, when everyone just laughs and tells you they piss on your 30 mil income, because they do so much better. And of course they only read half of what you write.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2013-02-05 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    And such an impressive post, that even required an edit no less, doesn't come with the information as to what is the way to make money?
    Trading of course, I think I made it obvious.
    But don't expect me to tell you how. The people who make a lot of ISK with trading are the ones that have the information nobody else has and the ISK to take advantage of it. There is nothing more painful than to see a clear opportunity to make a couple of billion but not to have enough ISK to take it.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2013-02-05 at 11:34 PM.

@Vespian - not making fun of your income, just saying PI is one of the worst (in high sec) because of its passive nature.

If you have good drake skills nothing stopping you from joining a WH corp, exploration or FW, but each of those does require more time.

I'd also not recommend doing missions as an "end game" goal...it gets so boring and was what burned me out a couple years back. EVE is designed to be a dangerous place, take part in it!

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Myea, but if I'm not mistaken it requires a few friends and some pretty well equipped ships to run wormholes.
    This is 100% true, but I wasn't making the argument that it was a low SP friendly occupation, just the one that cranks out the most isk. Also, 30 mill income/day for doing nothing isn't bad by any means. It will add up quickly and last you a while as long as you don't blow it all on something big and shiny. Certain PI products are selling REALLY well right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    @Vespian - not making fun of your income, just saying PI is one of the worst (in high sec) because of its passive nature.

If you have good drake skills nothing stopping you from joining a WH corp, exploration or FW, but each of those does require more time.

I'd also not recommend doing missions as an "end game" goal...it gets so boring and was what burned me out a couple years back. EVE is designed to be a dangerous place, take part in it!
    Well, I'm close to doing active PI actually, but that requires a few more production facilities. That said, In the weekend I can fly missions and do my PI "somewhere inbetween" so I make a double profit :P
    Last edited by Vespian; 2013-02-06 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    Why you dirty little...!

Might move from TRIBE to TEST, my current corp is dead when I'm on and I've found a good corp in TEST.

im about to come back for a month. where is the cheapest plex in hisec right now ?

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    im about to come back for a month. where is the cheapest plex in hisec right now ?
    They are actually offering a reac deal of 90 days for $24

Pretty good deal imo.

what does resource cache enabled in graphic settings do exactly ? if its ticked the game runs better or what ?? and if so, at the cost of what ?

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    what does resource cache enabled in graphic settings do exactly ? if its ticked the game runs better or what ?? and if so, at the cost of what ?
    Increases performance at the expense of more RAM usage (caching objects in memory so they don't have to be loaded from slow disk as frequently).

Can someone pls explain to me what is the benefit from declaring a war against another corp besides choking them down in their mining operations ? you receive isk if your corp won the war by end of the week or what ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    Can someone pls explain to me what is the benefit from declaring a war against another corp besides choking them down in their mining operations ? you receive isk if your corp won the war by end of the week or what ?
    No bounties in Hi-Sec, iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    It's probably just fun for them, or perhaps they want to ransom you, or hope you fly expensively fit ships/freighter pinatas during the war.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    No bounties in Hi-Sec, iirc.
    You can receive people's bounties in high sec.

Important Ship Skill Requirement changes in the Summer 2013 expansion:
    http://community.eveonline.com/devbl...log&nbid=74234

Makes some of the requirements easier to understand..