Page 38 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    im about to come back for a month. where is the cheapest plex in hisec right now ?
    They are actually offering a reac deal of 90 days for $24

Pretty good deal imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    what does resource cache enabled in graphic settings do exactly ? if its ticked the game runs better or what ?? and if so, at the cost of what ?

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    what does resource cache enabled in graphic settings do exactly ? if its ticked the game runs better or what ?? and if so, at the cost of what ?
    Increases performance at the expense of more RAM usage (caching objects in memory so they don't have to be loaded from slow disk as frequently).
    Awdi - US Illidan
    SlamAndAwe (Warriors)
    ShockAndAwe (Enhancement Shamans)

Can someone pls explain to me what is the benefit from declaring a war against another corp besides choking them down in their mining operations ? you receive isk if your corp won the war by end of the week or what ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    Can someone pls explain to me what is the benefit from declaring a war against another corp besides choking them down in their mining operations ? you receive isk if your corp won the war by end of the week or what ?
    No bounties in Hi-Sec, iirc.

Deleted
    It's probably just fun for them, or perhaps they want to ransom you, or hope you fly expensively fit ships/freighter pinatas during the war.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    No bounties in Hi-Sec, iirc.
    You can receive people's bounties in high sec.

To crush them, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    I guess if you're looking at passive income PI is not too bad, but then you really need to do it in low / null sec to see some real ISK.

I don't understand how missions aren't that good for you. I know doing level 4's in a decent fit BS will net you 100 - 120m ISK per hour on average.
    maybe half that. lots of people make these claims of level 4s making 100mil an hour, it's not true.

they forget to take into account the time it takes to convert your LP into sold items. 100m/hour is just the theoretical maximum using funny math. I used to run level 4s in a faction fit Mach with 1800 dps, and i never truly broke 100m/hour, and i was completing level 4s in under 30 minutes, any level 4.

i made 3x as much isk doing low/null exploration in a proteus that cost 1/5th the price of that faction mach, which is sold, btw...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    To crush them, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women.
    LOL hell ya!

You can attack them in high sec with no punishment I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj
    your a Gnome, how the heck does it feel to suck that badly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle
    Gnomes are awesome, and piss people off, how does it feel to die to a tiny pink puffball?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Allow me to explain again.

The best mission I encountered so far, netted me 980K + 980K time bonus, with 3.5mil bounty. The salvaging gave me an inventory of estimated 8mil, which turned out to be closer to 5. I spent 1.5 hours doing that mission, due to the fact that I, well that was silly actually, triggered the TRIGGERS in rapid succession and due to the fact that I was being surrounded by Elite ships. I probably could have done it in an hour.

(Drake passive/active shield tank) Most skills at IV, some at V.

So that's 1.960.000 + 3.500.000 + 5.000.000 in let's assume 1 hour. That's 10.460.000 in that hour. That's the best mission I have had so far. The thing is, I had to invest a full hour of my attention to blowing up and salvaging ships, for 10.5mil.
    Damn really? you are unlucky with it then.

When i played i used a rattlesnake with salvager + tractor beam fully afk fit.
    Took me usually 30min to complete a lvl 4 mission and on average i got 40-50m isk per hour

When i went serious i got into my raven + alt in a destroyer salvaging stuff.
    with that i would earn around 80m isk per hour.

though with the afk fit i would have the alt mine as well making me another 12m isk per hour.

I don't play the game anymore i just pay to skill up and go to the yearly fanfest.
    http://eveboard.com/pilot/Psyrelle my char
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    Damn really? you are unlucky with it then.

When i played i used a rattlesnake with salvager + tractor beam fully afk fit.
    Took me usually 30min to complete a lvl 4 mission and on average i got 40-50m isk per hour

When i went serious i got into my raven + alt in a destroyer salvaging stuff.
    with that i would earn around 80m isk per hour.

though with the afk fit i would have the alt mine as well making me another 12m isk per hour.

I don't play the game anymore i just pay to skill up and go to the yearly fanfest.
    http://eveboard.com/pilot/Psyrelle my char
    See thats nothing compared to nullsec anoms, I make from 34-37mill ticks every 15 minutes with just one carrier sentry ratting. Not to mention the isk i make putting a noctis in thes site after each anom. If i was running 2 carriers sentry ratting it would be double. Nullsec hands down is the place to make isk.
    Last edited by Zeta333; 2013-02-09 at 04:54 AM.

Yeah, now that CCP has released the summer skill changes I'm training for a carrier on my main account since I no longer have to worry about BS 5 in a race I have no plans on using. I have 2 alt accounts that are currently training into Ishtars, and now I'll probably advance them to carriers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by shewkoi View Post
    maybe half that. lots of people make these claims of level 4s making 100mil an hour, it's not true.

they forget to take into account the time it takes to convert your LP into sold items. 100m/hour is just the theoretical maximum using funny math. I used to run level 4s in a faction fit Mach with 1800 dps, and i never truly broke 100m/hour, and i was completing level 4s in under 30 minutes, any level 4.

i made 3x as much isk doing low/null exploration in a proteus that cost 1/5th the price of that faction mach, which is sold, btw...
    Speaking from first hand experience I was making around 150m an hour with a good LP:ISK faction. If I were to go to a more common faction like Caldari Navy I would be looking at around 100m an hour and this was with around 15m SP (focused though, nothing wasted). It is common knowledge this is the average of level 4 missions in a decent fit BS. I was flying a standard Apoc and working for a certain Amarr faction (forgot name).

Since I find missions so dull now I make money on my newish Industrial toon and it works out famously. She can work 9 manufacturing lines and each brings in around 25m ISK profit per day. Very AFK friendly I only need to log onto her for an hour each day.

25m * 9 = 225m * 30 = 6.75b a month. Currently at four accounts, looking to increase. Always wanted to be a POS owner who does research / copy / invention. Good ISK there too.

Edit: Found this to be amusing: https://forums.eveonline.com/default...13&find=unread

TLDR: Basically nullsec isn't the be all and end all some people claim it to be.
    Last edited by Schmittay; 2013-02-09 at 08:18 AM.

Speaking from first hand experience I was making around 150m an hour with a good LP:ISK faction. If I were to go to a more common faction like Caldari Navy I would be looking at around 100m an hour and this was with around 15m SP (focused though, nothing wasted). It is common knowledge this is the average of level 4 missions in a decent fit BS. I was flying a standard Apoc and working for a certain Amarr faction (forgot name).

Since I find missions so dull now I make money on my newish Industrial toon and it works out famously. She can work 9 manufacturing lines and each brings in around 10m ISK profit per hour. Very AFK friendly I only need to log onto her for an hour each day.

10m * 9 = 90m * 24 = 2.16b a day. An hours work for four PLEX worth of ISK Currently at four accounts, looking to increase. Always wanted to be a POS owner who does research / copy / invention. Good ISK there too.

Edit: Found this to be amusing: https://forums.eveonline.com/default...13&find=unread

TLDR: Basically nullsec isn't the be all and end all some people claim it to be.
    That thread is prety much full of shit, As iv been in null for over a year now and when pvpers arnt pvping they are roaming or ratting in capitals and making heaps of isk or mining or doing exploration sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    That thread is prety much full of shit, As iv been in null for over a year now and when pvpers arnt pvping they are roaming or ratting in capitals and making heaps of isk or mining or doing exploration sites.
    So basically there is mining (oh god why would anyone do this?), ratting which is almost as boring, and PvP roams which we all know is one poor traveler getting blobbed or sitting at a gate camp. I've looked through countless kill mails and it's usually 10:1 so I hardly call that fun PvP. Exploration is alright I guess but you can do that anywhere. Actually same for mining and ratting...

The real fun seems to be in low / WH space. Dunno how many threads have popped up about making null not so boring. Which it is.

So basically there is mining (oh god why would anyone do this?), ratting which is almost as boring, and PvP roams which we all know is one poor traveler getting blobbed or sitting at a gate camp. I've looked through countless kill mails and it's usually 10:1 so I hardly call that fun PvP. Exploration is alright I guess but you can do that anywhere. Actually same for mining and ratting...

The real fun seems to be in low / WH space. Dunno how many threads have popped up about making null not so boring. Which it is.
    You wont make the kind of isk anywhere ratting or mining or doing exploration like you do in null.

Damn you and your 90day special returning player offer CCP!!!!! I've signed up to eve once more after several months away from the game. Pleasantly surprised to find out im still in my old corp as well after all this time. Not booted which was surprising really as they are very big and active usually regularly clear out inactives.

Now to work out what to skill train again and start making some ISK! all that comes tomorrow though as i really need to get to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    You wont make the kind of isk anywhere ratting or mining or doing exploration like you do in null.
    If you compare the activities directly you are correct ie mining in null vs mining in high (so long as you're part of an op) / ratting in null vs ratting in high etc but those are the two most boring things you could do. Exploration is a different story but you got the risk of getting blobbed plus you need high SP for it. Even then FW, level four missions and Incursions bring comparable ISK per hour.

Another question guys...why on earth ppl selling toons with +20 mill or even +70 mill SP in character bazaar? why? these toons can be ready almost doing anything in game ? why throw them? ISK for selling them..these toons can make income more than that in couple of months so why they are selling them?