Thread: Daeity Blog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    No, I've read it. And yes it seemed most of his info was so generic that if anything happened you could say he knew about it beforehand, you know the same way a "psychic" operates.

Doesn't sound like you read his blog bro.
    i5 3570k
    WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
    16GB DDR3 1600 Ram
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser499 View Post
    Doesn't sound like you read his blog bro.
    Doesn't sound as though I believe all the bullshit I hear.

No, I've read it. And yes it seemed most of his info was so generic that if anything happened you could say he knew about it beforehand, you know the same way a "psychic" operates.
    No it wasn't he gave all his sources where possible and allowed readers to make up their own minds. If he was like a psychic then why do you think the breached a NDA? If he was in a position to be bound by a NDA then surely his blog would accurate?

Doesn't sound as though I believe all the bullshit I hear.
    Unless, of course, it is written in blue text.

10+ Year Old Account
    The second Daeity was wrong nearly as often as he was right. It was interesting enough for what it was but I never took it for an actual source of news. For that matter independent blogs aren't good for hard news in any case.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    No it wasn't he gave all his sources where possible and allowed readers to make up their own minds. If he was like a psychic then why do you think the breached a NDA? If he was in a position to be bound by a NDA then surely his blog would accurate?
    I can be bound by an NDA just from playing a beta. You think that makes Daeity special?

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    For that matter independent blogs aren't good for hard news in any case.

you're right. i only get my news from sites whose business depends on the said company.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The second Daeity was wrong nearly as often as he was right. It was interesting enough for what it was but I never took it for an actual source of news. For that matter independent blogs aren't good for hard news in any case.
    It was mostly wrong all the time. I still rememember his accounting on Blizzard's financing. You know, the exact usual things you see in forums: 5 million copies sold X 60 dollars is 300 million dollars in the pocket.

It doesn't work that way. Even his exchange rates were not correct, like almost 2 Dollars for one Euro (he probably mixed up with the Br Pound).

That showed some very sloppy work.

Anyone could predict other things like "Some Blizzard lay offs in the not so distant future" or "Titan will be a casual MMORPG with some stories and heroes...". He lost all credibility when he even changed his wording in older posts to "prove" things, like ... I told you so a few weeks ago (while in reality he changed his posts).

It was the typical Madame Soleil work that could be interpreted any other way ... unless he went into accounting (like above) and then you realised ... his mathematic was as accurate as the next bill from Madame Soleil.

At least 5.000 other forum dwellers could beat his predictions with ease.

He stopped because his Blog became embarassing as his predictions on the D3 launch were wrong 3 times in a row. Yep even Jay Wilson managed to take Daeity by surprise...

Good riddance.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-01-18 at 11:38 PM.

I can be bound by an NDA just from playing a beta. You think that makes Daeity special?
    Not at all, you dismissed his blog as the ramblings of a psychic but if he had access to a beta then what he was writing about would be accurate would it not?

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    It was mostly wrong all the time. I still rememember his accounting on Blizzard's financing. You know, the exact usual things you see in forums: 5 million copies sold X 60 dollars is 300 million dollars in the pocket.

It doesn't work that way. Even his exchange rates were not correct, like almost 2 Dollars for one Euro (he probably mixed up with the Br Pound).

That showed some very sloppy work.

Anyone could predict other things like "Some Blizzard lay offs in the not so distant future" or "Titan will be a casual MMORPG with some stories and heroes...". He lost all credibility when he even changed his wording in older posts to "prove" things, like ... I told you so a few weeks ago (while in reality he changed his posts).

It was the typical Madame Soleil work that could be interpreted any other way ... unless he went into accounting (like above) and then you realised ... his mathematic was as accurate as the next bill from Madame Soleil.

At least 5.000 other forum dwellers could beat his predictions with ease.
    Oh Benbos when will you stop?

The one thing both Daeities could be trusted on was financials and neither of them would make the mistake of sale price equaling profit.

I always found that they would err on the side of giving Blizzard the benefit of the doubt when it came to financial data. You do realise that for almost a year that sterling and the euro were almost equal? Google cache proved that he did not alter his posts.
    Last edited by Pann; 2013-01-18 at 11:44 PM.

Not at all, you dismissed his blog as the ramblings of a psychic but if he had access to a beta then what he was writing about would be accurate would it not?
    It was still the work of a psycho though. A psycho who even ran out of money to support his own site...

No his predictions were as well founded as a telephone psychic. Trust me I'd never give him the praise of saying he's psychic.

No his predictions were as well founded as a telephone psychic. Trust me I'd never give him the praise of saying he's psychic.
    Ok, name one thing he predicted but got wrong.

Oh Benbos when will you stop?

The one thing both Daeities could be trusted on was financials and neither of them would make the mistake of sale price equaling profit.

I always found that they would err on the side of giving Blizzard the benefit of the doubt when it came to financial data. You do realise that for almost a year that sterling and the euro were almost equal? Google cache proved that he did not alter his posts.
    You didn't read these then.

At one point he was trying to desperately prove that WOW had only 6 million subscriptions.

He started by saying that 1 Euro was 1.9 dollars ...
    Then declaring the price of a sub was 15 dollars...
    Then he added the wrong amount of Blizzard's last revenue per quarter...
    Then he went on calculating to arrive at ... 7.2 million subs..

I send him an email that ... 15 dollars obtained through subscription cards is probably more like 9 dollars (retail profit and distributions), that Russia paid the equivalent of 8 dollars, that the Euro only was around 1.3 dollars at the time and that Chinese people played around 3 dollars on average per month IF they played 25+ hours per month.

He also managed to squeeze 50 dollars revenue out of every SC2 box sold (probably in reality that's 20 dollars revenue per retail sale for Blizzard).

Actually when I re calulated it all, I came to more then 13 million subs instead of 7 million. Logical since the micro transactions bring in some extra money.

After a few months he kept quiet on the subject and he concentrated his efforts on Blizzard's "massive lay offs in the DESIGN Staff he so called had predicted 7 months in advance (actually he could find ONE older designer being laid off, the rest were support people...) and the "launch" of Diablo 3 in which he predicted the launch for ... Sep 2011 the first time. He then predicted it for Xmas 2011 and later became obsessed with the AH delay that had caused the massive delays in its launches "he predicted" until at least March.

D3 shipped in mid May, while we now know the Korean hic up had very little to do with the in game difficulties.

I think D stopped his activities before D3 even launched...

Also: in his last post he said that "he was no longer permitted to keep up his Blog by some dark conspiracy...".

In reality it gave me the impression he was not even in control of his own internet access. It would not surprise me one bit if it was the work of some lunatic who no longer had access to the web by some restriction policies.

He even said that the first black out was due to "some financial issues"...

Draw your own conclusions.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-01-19 at 12:11 AM.

You didn't read these then.

At one point he was trying to desperately prove that WOW had only 6 million subscriptions.

He started by saying that 1 Euro was 1.9 dollars ...
    Then declaring the price of a sub was 15 dollars...
    The he added the wrong amount of Blizzard's last revenue per quarter...
    Then he went on calculating to arrive at ... 7.2 million subs..

I send him an email that ... 15 dollars obtained through subscription cards is probably more like 9 dollars (retail profit and distributions), that Russia paid the equivalent of 8 dollars, that the Euro only was around 1.3 dollars at the time and that Chinese people played around 3 dollars on average per month IF they played 25+ hours per month.

He also managed to squeeze 50 dollars revenue out of every SC2 box sold (probably in reality that's 20 dollars revenue per retail sale for Blizzard).

Actually when I re calulated it all, I came to more then 13 million subs instead of 7 million. Logical since the micro transactions bring in some extra money.

After a few months he kept quiet on the subject and he concentrated his efforts on Blizzard's "massive lay offs he so called had predicted 7 months in advance and the "launch" of Diablo 3 in which he predicted the launch for ... Sep 2011 the first time. He then predicted it for Xmas 2011 and later became obsessed with the AH delay that had caused the massive delays in its launches "he predicted" until at least March.

D3 shipped in mid May, while we now know the Korean hic up had very little to do with the in game difficulties.

I think D stopped his activities before D3 even launched...
    I read his blog about WOW subscriber numbers and he never claimed what you say.

The layoffs at Blizzard he blogged to say were completely normal and happened every year. The only blogs I remember reading regarding the delay of D3 were at the beginning of the year where he stated that licensing for the RMAH had held it up.

I read his blog about WOW subscriber numbers and he never claimed what you say.

The layoffs at Blizzard he blogged to say were completely normal and happened every year. The only blogs I remember reading regarding the delay of D3 were at the beginning of the year where he stated that licensing for the RMAH had held it up.
    Believe me: he had 2 or 3 posts about that WOW subscription number and he came to 7 million WOW players with an exchange rate as accurate as 1.9 dollars for 1 Euro and some ridiculous gross box prices times boxes = X revenue.

I remember it very well as I emailed him the corrections (like the different exchange rates and different paying systems in each EU country).

And yeah, that was his obsession; it was the Korean problem that held up D3. Of course he had to find an excuse for his Xmas predictions early on.

Short version: the man was a lunatic who apparently did not even have control over the access of his Blog (and the internet).

Lots of possibilites here: he knew he made a fool of himself (unlikely), he no longer could finance his Blog website (possible since he mentioned that the first time around), he is somewhere in a position he can no longer access the internet (military?, jail ?, house for deranged people, 14 year old that is grounded ...)

You name it. Fact is, he stopped.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-01-19 at 12:25 AM.

Believe me: he had 2 or 3 posts about that WOW subscription number and he came to 7 million WOW players with an exchange rate as accurate as 1.9 dollars for 1 Euro and some ridiculous gross box prices times boxes = X revenue.

I remember it very well as I emailed him the corrections (like the different exchange rates and different paying systems in each EU country).

And yeah, that was his obsession; it was the Korean problem that held up D3. Of course he had to find an excuse for his Xmas predictions early on.

Short version: the man was a lunatic who apparently did not even have control over the access of his Blog (and the internet).

Lots of possibilites here: he knew he made a fool of himself (unlikely), he no longer could finance his Blog website (possible since he mentioned that the first time around), he is somewhere in a position he can no longer access the internet (military?, jail ?, house for deranged people, 14 year old that is grounded ...)

You name it. Fact is, he stopped.
    I read the same blogs as you and they did not say what you are claiming. I remember his blog about his blog about the total amount of WOW subscribers and I thought that it was a bit pessimistic but, again, he did not say what you are claiming, he even gave all the figures and links as to where he got them from so you could make your own mind up which is more than you do.

I can only guess that he did not address your emails as you presented yourself in the same way as you do here. To be honest I do not think you are in any position to called someone else obsessed.

I read the same blogs as you and they did not say what you are claiming. I remember his blog about his blog about the total amount of WOW subscribers and I thought that it was a bit pessimistic but, again, he did not say what you are claiming, he even gave all the figures and links as to where he got them from so you could make your own mind up which is more than you do.

I can only guess that he did not address your emails as you presented yourself in the same way as you do here. To be honest I do not think you are in any position to called someone else obsessed.
    Actually he did. Sorry but your wrong.