Poll: Would you buy the new consoles?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I also heard that we won't be able to play PS2 titles.

Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper and Kingdom Hearts make me feel obliged to reply NO!

I'll stick to my 360 for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    wait you play games based on how good they look.. really?
    I think you misunderstand what I said. New consoles (aside from revolutionary ones like the Wii) rarely do anything but upgrade graphics. GTA 4 had everything that GTA : San Andreas did, as far as gameplay is concerned. The only REAL difference between the two was the graphics. The same goes for many console upgrades. So, the question remains the same. What would be the purpose of upgrading?

---------- Post added 2012-04-05 at 10:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Semihage View Post
    Let's not lump Wii games with Ps3/360 games.. Wii is still standard def.. It's probably only slightly better than Ps2 in most developer's mind. If you purely look at 360/Ps3, you are not going to find a lot of game that doesn't rely on DLC (Batman has online pass like content for its cat women too). Why is that? Development cost! Yes it's true that there are still market for games like Minecraft, World of Goo, and Plant vs Zombies.. But if you want kick ass graphics game, expect some kind of DLC.
    Uh, actually no game RELIES on DLC. DLC is purely something to add to the game experience. You don't have to rely on DLC in order to play Skyrim. You don't need to rely on DLC to play MW or BF. The DLC is added content for a price. You can continue on without the added content and still have a perfectly good game. It comes down to whether or not you're satisfied with what you have or you want more. Higher development cost is the reason why games went from $50 to $60 a piece.

Let's put it this way. If people didn't bother buying any of the add on maps for MW, it wouldn't be putting Infinity Ward out of business. They'd just stop bothering to waste resources creating add on maps.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll wait until you know there is official news on it, not just rumors. If the rumors are true, hell no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    I think you misunderstand what I said. New consoles (aside from revolutionary ones like the Wii) rarely do anything but upgrade graphics. GTA 4 had everything that GTA : San Andreas did, as far as gameplay is concerned. The only REAL difference between the two was the graphics. The same goes for many console upgrades. So, the question remains the same. What would be the purpose of upgrading?.
    yeah i was probably tired :P.. i do agree with you though and i think it took the wii to change how M$ and sony approached their consoles. I think microsoft has gone down the kinect motion control direction while i personally think sony will be pushing 3D in a big way come ps4. So its very likely we will have something different to look forward to with the next-gen but only time will tell.

Deleted
    xbox 360 wireless reciver is just win 4xbox pads work on my pc headsets too ssf4 is fine 2 player and all emulators run fine with xbox pads. why use a console? i just h8 how they get games firs or how rockstar just port games to pc

I'll defo buy the next-gen consoles. Had a NES, PS2 and Xbox360(currently have). Best investment ever! Right now the only genre that's not on the consoles is the MMO one but most games have online component yet the console exclusives are just great fun.

However I may wait on the price to down if it'll be like 800$ the next Xbox or PS. So far not really interested in Wii U since I'm honestly not a Zelda fan and I think Nintendo has a fairly weak line-up of games of their console compared to Sony or Microsoft.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    However I may wait on the price to down if it'll be like 800$ the next Xbox or PS. So far not really interested in Wii U since I'm honestly not a Zelda fan and I think Nintendo has a fairly weak line-up of games of their console compared to Sony or Microsoft.
    How do nintendo have the worst/weakest line-up when they will more than likely get everysingle cross-platform title plus its own first party franchises. Nintendo dont just have zelda.. mario, xenoblade, kart, SSBB, metroid, f-zero, kid icarus, kirby, donkey kong, pokemon, fire emblem etc etc.. xbox has halo and ps3 has killzone

pretty much every major studio is supporting the wii u.. if nintendo deliver on the wii u and then unless youre totally ignorant.. nintendo will have by far the best support and line up seen from a console in a long long long long time.

known games in development.

mario bros, fifa, f1, assassins creed 3, darksiders 2, metro last light, smash bros, dragon quest X, killer freaks, pikmin 3, ghost recon, lego city, dirt, batman, aliens, ninja gaiden, tekken, battlefield, zelda, rabbids.. more to be announced come e3 (imo pretty solid line-up)
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2012-04-06 at 01:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I've always had a love for the console exclusives, so I'll probably always own at least one. Although if the rumors are true that they won't support used games, then I may just buy the exclusives and game on my PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe once there's some quality games exclusive to one console.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I will never support the war on used games. I don't know why this industry feels it should the be only one that fights against their product being resold, but I for one will not stand for it.
    They're really the only ones that have to. Movies, music, and books are converting to digital only at an extremely rapid rate. Software uses single use activation codes. None of them can be resold. Yet, almost no one complains. You hear a lot of people saying that physical media's a dying out.

One thing since this is basically a WoW site: How would this practice differ from what World of Warcraft already does? You can give your WoW install disc to anyone, but you can't play more than the trial without a single use access code. It sounds to me like consoles would just be jumping on the bandwagon.