Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Diablo 3 Iron Man Challenge

All rules are subject to change; constructive critizism please!

So me and three of my other friends have made an Iron Man like challenge for Diablo 3. Please comment and post so that way I can improve the rules. I should also add that I created a ten dollar entry fee, so the winner gets the pool. In Iron Man challenges you must be extremely honest so no cheating should you attempt this challenge or any challenge for that matter!

Rules so far: (Need help pefecting the red ones)

-Cannot take items from your stash put there by other Hardcore characters(You can take the potions set their at the beginning of the game though.)
    -Cannot use crafted items, or buy items from vendors.
    -Have to create a Hardcore character (Can be any class) and you must beat the game on all difficulty levels.
    -You can only hold twenty health potions at once.
    -You can use any item that you find off mobs or chests
    -You cannot use runes on any of your spells during normal or Nightmare difficulty; you can use the first three on Hell and all of them on Inferno.
    -No companions except on Inferno
    -No creating other Hardcore characters and then farming gold for your competition toon.
    -You cannot play at any point in-time coopertively on the first three difficulty's; in Inferno you can have up to 2 other partners

Not sure about the last one, so Champs what do you all think? Good rules, not so good rules help me improve the rules or if someone else has created an official rule set on the D3 fourms please link it to me! Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by Smokinya; 2012-04-04 at 01:54 PM.

if its anything like D2 then this will be completely impossible...this isn't WoW, questing is generally the easiest content in the game. Diablo doesnt have dungeons and heroics like WoW, you need items to be able to complete content

Quote Originally Posted by planrawsto
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

So help me fix the rules please.

From what I've heard, soloing HC inferno is iron man enough already.

This wont work, as much as i would like it to, it wont... Diablo 3 is INCREDIBLY based upon your items. And without your items.....you die.

Maybe on an easier difficulty.

For each tier of difficulty you beat allow better gear.
    (dont know qualitys on items so i will use wow items as an example)
    Easy: Only use whites/uncommons only allowed 3 potions at a time, can only train artasins to lvl 2
    Medium: greens 5 potions artisan lvl 3
    Hard: blues 7 potions artisan lvl 4
    Harder(does it have 4 tiers?): Epics/legendarys 10potions artisan lvl 5
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Sorry, but the rules you set forth will make it impossible. I doubt you'd be able to beat regular inferno solo while wearing nothing but top notch gear, let alone even getting to inferno wearing basic gear. You don't need any ridiculous rules for hardcore, since hardcore itself is already an ironman challenge.

Changed the rules guys, and made it easier!

---------- Post added 2012-04-03 at 07:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shiromar View Post
    Sorry, but the rules you set forth will make it impossible. I doubt you'd be able to beat regular inferno solo while wearing nothing but top notch gear, let alone even getting to inferno wearing basic gear. You don't need any ridiculous rules for hardcore, since hardcore itself is already an ironman challenge.
    Agreed so I changed the rules slightly what I put forth was insanely hard!

Quote Originally Posted by Rassman View Post
    Changed the rules guys, and made it easier!

---------- Post added 2012-04-03 at 07:17 PM ----------

Agreed so I changed the rules slightly what I put forth was insanely hard!
    Haha, more like literally impossible! But that's more doable, while still being incredibly hard. However, I would find it quite hard to track for any official purposes like what happened with WoW, considering you'd never know if anyone violated any of these rules. Definitely something I wouldn't even try until I'd gotten one character through inferno on HC.

If my WD works out the way I have in mind and (all of this is speculation) I don't get hit often, I'm going to attempt a WD that wears only whites, except for the weapon, since all damage is weapon based. I will allow myself to socket my gear.
    - Edit: I'll allow myself all types of rings and amulets as well, since they are worthless as whites. Do they even come as whites, I wonder.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2012-04-04 at 06:44 AM.

Iron Man mode is simply using HardCore.

By the time you hit Inferno it will be hard enough already....
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

You are all forgetting you cannot die... at all
    I wouldn't risk a high level HC character by going iron man mode, I really want to keep playing >.>

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Iron man challenge isn't possible in Diablo, No way you are going to survive in the other modes besides there's already one and that's called Hardcore mode.

I like how the rules are now, this looks good. Basically just enforces you to be a self-sufficient Hardcore character.

Hardcore in Inferno?

ishhh I doubt that... If I try that, i'm pretty sure it will take me thousands of HC characters before even take a step in Inferno. So, cya in 5 years

playing a naked char through D2 HC was hard and well D2 was/is an easy game.
    this will be impossible (atleast if inferno is as hard as blizz stated it would be)

Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    Hardcore in Inferno?

ishhh I doubt that... If I try that, i'm pretty sure it will take me thousands of HC characters before even take a step in Inferno. So, cya in 5 years
    Well in Inferno I said you can use partners I think the rules seem quite fair. If your cautious this shouldn't be overly hard IMO.

All I can say is... good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by pilch View Post
    All I can say is... good luck.
    Thanks I will most likely make an update to the main post about the starting date and a list for anyone else who'd like to join us. Of course you don't pay the entry fee. It will probably be May 31 or June 1; I want to beat the game on normal first before starting the challenge!

The game is not even out...making rules based on speculation for a challenge? It's like saying 'hey guys here's a challenge: we'll go to this forest we've never been before and we're not allowed to bring water and etc etc etc'. You may not find water at all and die. Or you may find it as soon as you enter. In the first case, it's stupid and a waste of time. In the second, it's not a challenge.
    In other words: this challenge may not be possible, or it may be trivial. We don't know until the game is out and we see things for ourselves.
    Wait the game and them make up challenges for the community.