Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    I don't think you got my point. Black people are as much racist if not more than white people. The difference is that it's so much more socially acceptable for them to be that, than whites. Thus, society seldom labels blacks that spew racism as actual racists, while doing it to white people much easier.
    The problem is that, as far as America goes, black racism against whites hasn't been traditionally used to justify murder and oppression. While there is certainly racism within the black community, there's a massive distinction between someone who says racist things and someone who actually acts on those impulses to subjugate an entire people for hundreds of years, including up to today.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you got my point. Black people are as much racist if not more than white people. The difference is that it's so much more socially acceptable for them to be that, than whites. Thus, society seldom labels blacks that spew racism as actual racists, while doing it to white people much easier.
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...nce-incompete/

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't it be the people who have a problem with the commercial the ones being racists?

I would have never considered it to be racist had I watched it without this being brought to light. They are the ones immediately associating the fact it's a black person to it being about chicken. The people crying foul are the racists here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    That's the problem though.

The people upset about this commercial imply that because something is associated with a race, not even in a negative light, that it is automatically offensive and racist.

Is it racist for a NASCAR commercial to show white people eating a cheeseburger?
    Some people seem to think you are saying a race is good at something, you are also saying others are bad - thus being racist.
    This logic is completely flawed. There is nothing racist, nor bad, about using stereotypes in a public domain, as long as it isn't attacking a race - its perfectly fine in my eyes.

Being offended and being attacked for your race is two very different scenarios. It seems right now that a lot of people use the race card to defend themselves when they get offended by something, which in turn is making REAL racism worse because people just won't let it drop.

A smart man was asked 'How do stop racism?' - He replied; "Stop talking about it"

Quote Originally Posted by dicertification View Post
    Wouldn't it be the people who have a problem with the commercial the ones being racists?

I would have never considered it to be racist had I watched it without this being brought to light. They are the ones immediately associating the fact it's a black person to it being about chicken. The people crying foul are the racists here.
    Except for the part where the article in question never calls anyone or anything racist.

No i understood perfectly, but im an educated man. I know my history and black history compared to white history is pretty grim. And black americans screaming racisism is not socially accepted. Its Tolerated only in America. Go to Africa with that crap and see what it gets ya! Ever wonder why governments around the world have allowed people like Joseph kony to live for sooo long? Why arent people like him being hunted down? Because ignorant black americans would scream racism!!!

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Some people seem to think you are saying a race is good at something, you are also saying others are bad - thus being racist.
    This logic is completely flawed. There is nothing racist, nor bad, about using stereotypes in a public domain, as long as it isn't attacking a race - its perfectly fine in my eyes.

Being offended and being attacked for your race is two very different scenarios. It seems right now that a lot of people use the race card to defend themselves when they get offended by something, which in turn is making REAL racism worse because people just won't let it drop.

A smart man was asked 'How do stop racism?' - He replied; "Stop talking about it"
    That's BS. Someone with a "black" sounding name is 50% less likely to get a call back from an identical job application as a "white" sounding name. Problems like that don't get fixed by shutting up.

The problem with racism is it only applies when speaking of African Americans.

The problem with spanish and african american jokes is Once you've heard Juan you've heard Jamal...

Quote Originally Posted by devinelvin View Post
    No i understood perfectly, but im an educated man. I know my history and black history compared to white history is pretty grim. And black americans screaming racisism is not socially accepted. Its Tolerated only in America. Go to Africa with that crap and see what it gets ya! Ever wonder why governments around the world have allowed people like Joseph kony to live for sooo long? Why arent people like him being hunted down? Because ignorant black americans would scream racism!!!
    Or maybe they allow Joseph Kony to live because he isn't killing white people do it doesn't really bother that many people. If Kony was in Canada, he'd last a week.

Deleted
    This thread has been open for quite a while and seems to have run its course. Closing now.