[Feral] Blood in the Water Question

Does Ferocious Bite JUST reset the timer of Rip or does it also reset the bleed's damage?

Example: I have a 5 cp Rip up, its about to expire and I use a 1-4 cp FB to refresh so it doesnt fall off. Would my Rip also be refreshed as if I only had 1-4 cp?

If you had a 5 CP Rip up, it will remain as 5 CP, does not matter how many CP your FB is

Deleted
    To clarify, when you hit FB using Blood in the Water talent in any of its versions (t13 or w/o) it resets the DoT taking it's previous combo points BUT NOT dmg modifiers like TF, Kiril's Stacks, Pot so be aware that premature FB refresh may end in dps loss rather than gain.

To be even clearer, the amount of CP originally used to apply the rip is maintained, but everything else is recalculated.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    i refresh SR or even just spam shred over 5cp if i've got a rip up with krill/pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Micoz View Post
    To clarify, when you hit FB using Blood in the Water talent in any of its versions (t13 or w/o) it resets the DoT taking it's previous combo points BUT NOT dmg modifiers like TF, Kiril's Stacks, Pot so be aware that premature FB refresh may end in dps loss rather than gain.
    IIRC, tangedyn's sims have saving a ferocious bite instead of clipping a buffed rip is DPS neutral at best

Deleted
    Aka, the dps loss from clipping a high dmg rip with a lower dmg one is pretty much equal to the dps loss from shredding at 5 cp or refreshing SR early. So you might as well FB, so you don't have to pay attention if your new rip will be higher or lower dmg than the previous rip.