Holy Priest and Windward Heart

I have noticed that my Windward Heart procs SIGNIFICANTLY less than every other healer spec. It consistantly procs 50% less than the other healers. Is this purposeful?

10+ Year Old Account
    It will proc on critical heals, on a 45 second ICD if I am not mistaken. If your raid buffed crit is less than 20%, or you don't cast a lot of AoE healing, it may proc less, or you may just not be noticing it with all the numbers coming up.
    Professor Necomi - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Necomi/simple
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Serix69 View Post
    It will proc on critical heals, on a 45 second ICD if I am not mistaken. If your raid buffed crit is less than 20%, or you don't cast a lot of AoE healing, it may proc less, or you may just not be noticing it with all the numbers coming up.
    I look at logs and can see the number of procs Windward Heart does. It is called Nick of Time. I'm a holy priest so I'm spamming AoE heals.

I believe the proc ICD is either 20 or 25 seconds. Regardless, it is definitely NOT 45 seconds.

---------- Post added 2012-04-03 at 10:15 PM ----------

I can assure it's not proccing less than other healers if you're spamming AoE heals. I'm guessing what you're seeing is bad RNG on proc timing / target selection.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

You should see a proc interval of 40 seconds or so on a holy or disc priest. yes, pretty much every other healer gets more out of this trinket because (1) rejuv ticks proc it (2) healing rain ticks proc it (3) holy radiance hits proc it. We get: PoH/CoH/renew, no sanc, no mending. A resto druid with high activity should see this thing proc on about a 30 second interval, everyone else is somewhere in between.

Still a really amazing trinket that should almost always be worn ><

10+ Year Old Account
    Prayer of Healing can proc the trinket, but only if it critically heals and bounces off you personally. Will not proc on anyone but you.
    Professor Necomi - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Necomi/simple
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget the insane amount of intellect on it

Prayer of Healing can proc the trinket, but only if it critically heals and bounces off you personally. Will not proc on anyone but you.
    I'm assuming you meant Prayer of Mending, since PoH doesn't "bounce".

PoH/CoH/Renew should be enough to proc it fair consistantly

Deleted
    Windward heart has no internal cooldown but it only procs off crit heals, holy priests usually have low amounts of crit and no crit talents so it will proc less often than other classes. As a holy priest in 25 man heroics i found that mine would only throw out only a few heals per fight but the resto shammy in my raid would have it proc all the time. In general I'd say its less powerful for a holy priest than other healing classes, the int is nice but dont count on it proccing. Disc priests benefit from it more than holy.

Quote Originally Posted by Afflictid View Post
    I look at logs and can see the number of procs Windward Heart does. It is called Nick of Time. I'm a holy priest so I'm spamming AoE heals.
    As a disc priest I can tell you that it doesn't proc anymore for me than it does for you.
    It's consistently my lowest heal. Without fail. It MAYBE heals for 100k a fight if I'm lucky.

However, if it's a fight like Yor, or Ultra, I use it anyway, since mana control isn't really a thing in those fights.

Edit: I also stack crit.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.