Deleted

Healing addon to look like default UI?

Hi all, I use the default blizzard raid frames to heal (I am a PVP healer) however I am getting a bug all the time where I target someone, but it targets the wrong person or nobody at all.

So my question is, is it possible to make one of the commonly used healing addons look like the default blizzard raid frames?

Thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supermagma View Post
    Hi all, I use the default blizzard raid frames to heal (I am a PVP healer) however I am getting a bug all the time where I target someone, but it targets the wrong person or nobody at all.

So my question is, is it possible to make one of the commonly used healing addons look like the default blizzard raid frames?

Thanks
    Sounds like you are pushing the wrong buttons or might just have a damaged game. Run the repair. As for addons, all the ones i know if are
    grid and healbot. They dont like like the default healing-ui tho.

Good luck!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like Wakarimas said, sounds like a damaged game, unless you other addons conflicting with it.

Try to use 0 addons, and if you still get the bug, then repair the game. That should fix it.
    "If you are going to do something, including being an alcoholic, don't half-ass it. /Cheers." - Vezrah, 2012

I've and multiple of my friends have had the same issue with the default raid frames. I don't click the frames anymore (use keybinds to target) as I play only arena with them but I don't think that repairing is going to help.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    I've and multiple of my friends have had the same issue with the default raid frames. I don't click the frames anymore (use keybinds to target) as I play only arena with them but I don't think that repairing is going to help.
    Have you tried mouse-over macros?
    "If you are going to do something, including being an alcoholic, don't half-ass it. /Cheers." - Vezrah, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Emane View Post
    I actually use the default raid frames for healing on my priest and sometimes the bug occurs. I can't target certain people, and my mouseovers simply fail to function. I've tried running the game without addons, which leads me to believe it's just the raid frames that are bugged.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    This bug is reported almost weekly on the blizzard forums - at least it seems that way after you've read about it for the 10th time; it seems to occur whenever the group changes while in combat in a raid or a battleground.

You can make unit frames addons like Shadowed Unit Frames or Pitbull (and more I imagine) look almost anyway you want them to look, I imagine making them look like the default raid frames can't be too difficult.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/compactraid

This addon used to simply add on top of the default raid frames. It now creates its own frames, however it still looks similar to the default frames.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, I get this sometimes too. Some people I simply can't target and targeting some others makes me target someone else than the player clicked (more often than not clicking some of the targetable players will result in targeting one of the un-targetable players)
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

It's a blizzard imposed restriction on raidframes implemented back in time of vanilla and healbot of that time. Basically it's to prevent auto sorting of frames mid-combat and one button healing. They just haven't had LFR and people joining/dropping mid-combat so much so it never used to be an issue (and old non-grid default frames didn't have this issue anyway).
    Long story short most addons and even default frames will have this issue. If you run default frames with like 0 other addons, nothing at all, it should behave. But default frames are super easy to taint regarding this issue and so unless you wanna swear off addons, you're not gonna work around this.
    Bottom line is, this is up to blizzard to address really. I'm hoping they do something about it in MoP but I haven't heard anything yet.

Deleted
    I get the bug aswell sometimes
    You can probably configure grid to look like it, it will probably not look EXACTLY like it but grid is really customizable

Quote Originally Posted by Emane View Post
    I heal with mouseover only in PvE and I use VuhDo there. There are some issues with mouseovering with VuhDo but so far I have blamed it on the addon.

In PvP I use keybinds to target party memebers and then use regular skills to heal. This is mainly because it's easier but partly because of the bug.