The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Crucial m4 in RAID0 and TRIM...

So I am hunting down all over but I still cannot find a solid answer, do two Crucial m4 SSDs in RAID0 support TRIM yet? I've heard the garbage collection is decent, however TRIM is important. I know a few folks on this forum have SSDs in RAID0.... but do you guys have RAID0 support? I can jump on another Crucial m4 128GB today for a really low price but I need to know this first.

I'd be using the Intel controller on the Asus P8P67 B3 motherboard, however if the Marvell controller was better for this, I could use that, however I doubt it based on all the stuff I've heard regarding it in the past.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    So I am hunting down all over but I still cannot find a solid answer, do two Crucial m4 SSDs in RAID0 support TRIM yet? I've heard the garbage collection is decent, however TRIM is important. I know a few folks on this forum have SSDs in RAID0.... but do you guys have RAID0 support? I can jump on another Crucial m4 128GB today for a really low price but I need to know this first.

I'd be using the Intel controller on the Asus P8P67 B3 motherboard, however if the Marvell controller was better for this, I could use that, however I doubt it based on all the stuff I've heard regarding it in the past.
    I don't think there is TRIM support for a raid 0 setup yet unfortunatly you'll have to do with the garbage collection alone.
    Correct me if i'm wrong.

edit
    Intel is working on drivers that will support it in the future though (i think RST 11.5 and upwards) , so you might aswell get your SSD for now and use it as 2 seperate disks untill the driver releases if it's that good of a bargain.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Int...AID,14048.html
    Last edited by volar; 2012-04-04 at 01:48 PM.

Deleted
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ucial-m4-128GB

yeah I just ordered another one, too good to pass up.

Pretty sure they don't support TRIM yet.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is that going to be provided in a BIOS update, I take it?

I'm also hesitant because I know less than a year ago, I bought my initial drive for $230-240... so if I continue to wait, it may be worth it. hmmmm
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    RAID0 your drives now and wait for the RST 11.5 release. The current alphas do not have RAID-mode TRIM enabled, so don't bother with those.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    RAID0 your drives now and wait for the RST 11.5 release. The current alphas do not have RAID-mode TRIM enabled, so don't bother with those.
    ^this

The garbage collection is fine as far as I can tell.

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I was to raid any drives it would be the M4's. From what I've read their garbage collection is pretty good.

10+ Year Old Account
    from what i read on intel's trim support, it only works when you use an intel SSD as a cache , either with SRT or RST