Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Marn View Post
    How long are they having this promotion of giving you entry into BWE's and head-start access along with your pre-purchase of the game? I really would like for them to have a release date so that I can see whether I can even play during the week it comes out; if I'm out of town for example, those 3 days of head-start access are not going to be very useful. I'd pre-purchase on the 10th if I knew I could take full advantage.
    they have not given a date. If it were me seting the cutoff date it would be maybe a week before launch to end the headstart access, obviously if all the BWE's are over you cant get access to those if you buy after that point.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyhacker View Post
    Well there will probably be a fairly limited amount of collectors editions and it is possible that some of the pre purchase stores refused to take any pre orders yet on the collectors editions not having a number of how many their store would be getting, so in that case their may be a very limited amount if someone is trying to get a collectors edition from a store that is holding off on allowing ordering of until the same day as pre purchase since they probably got the number of how many that store would get the same time they did or didn't get pre purchase authorization.
    I assumed, because of the question, that the person was buying a digital copy.
    Seeing as the time his/her store opens will be different depending on where they live and what time the store itself opens.
    They also said nothing at all about CE, which I don't think you can even off of the main website.
    Can't think of any other way to reply to this, seeing as your whole response was based around the assumption that they were getting CE.. when the OP didn't even hint at anything of the sort.

10+ Year Old Account
    My mastercard is shaking then *0*!

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I just don't understand why.
    I mean, it's not like you can get right into the beta right when you pre-order, because the first BWE won't be until the end of april.
    And it's not like they're going to run out of digital copies, because.. it's a digital copy.
    Oh well, to each his own. :P
    I will likely forgo sleeping on the evening of the 9th till around 5pm-ish on the 10th. Can't risk there being a benefit to the initial wave of pre-buys. Hidden or otherwise unknown publicly.

I'm gonna be sitting there at 8am GMT ready to use my UK credit card for Zavvi.
    Sadly, this will be 2pm in my time zone...so...well, I foresee that I will be sadly sick and unable to attend work.
    Well, might just get the mrs to do it for me. Huuumm...that's a lot of faith to put in someone though. She'll prob do something unforgivable, like feed our baby instead. Yh, can't risk it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    I foresee that I will be sadly sick and unable to attend work.
    My trick is to act sick at work the afternoon of the day before, that way they're not as suspicious when you phone in the next day

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    My trick is to act sick at work the afternoon of the day before, that way they're not as suspicious when you phone in the next day
    Aye that's a good one I like acting too lol
    I may just arrange working from home though. I'm a consultant so can get away with it most of the time. It's just.....a risk lol. Maybe I'll have a doctor's appointment

Deleted
    hope its not craditcard only^^

Quote Originally Posted by Inora View Post
    hope its not craditcard only^^
    You could use paypal in GW1's cash shop, I REALLY hope it's not credit card only all of the sudden.

You could use paypal in GW1's cash shop, I REALLY hope it's not credit card only all of the sudden.
    Check ur individual retailer before hand and prepare accordingly
    I have credit cards in 4 currencies lol. I'm so primed xD

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Check ur individual retailer before hand and prepare accordingly
    I have credit cards in 4 currencies lol. I'm so primed xD
    I'm not buying from a retailer, I'm buying from Anet (NCsoft, technically). >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Already pre-purchased mine, just waiting for them to send it on the 10th.

I'm not buying from a retailer, I'm buying from Anet (NCsoft, technically). >.>
    Lol...well...check that then

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I don't think anyone has to worry about losing out on buying a CE because they were 10 minutes late. SWTOR had CEs available months after preorders went up. Just chill.
    I would not be so sure on that. Some folks here on these very forums in (Holland, or Denmark, I am not sure right this moment) have trolled through many stores to find all the CE's are gone.

Add to that Martin Kerstein did a tweet the other day advising that the CE would be "very very limited" (his words, as quoted).

If one wanted to buy a physical CE, and hearing what I have heard, I'd be trying to arrange that with a bricks & mortar store right now rather than waiting.

Deleted
    I already pre-purchased from a retailer in Finland. They sent the pre-purchase package this morning, and I'll probably recieve it after the Easter holidays (9th).

Also only cost me 37,40 €, as I ordered it tax-free from Åland (autonomous big island between us and Sweden)
    Last edited by mmoc43ae88f2b9; 2012-04-05 at 09:43 AM.

Hmm... just went to gamestop online and it shows that you can buy CE now, I'm tempted to order it online now, but I think I will wait until the 10th and go to the store close by my best friends house. I don't want to mess this up lol.

When I saw it I just looked at my wallet "must not use card!!!"
    Last edited by Anthoren; 2012-04-05 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthoren View Post
    Hmm... just went to gamestop online and it shows that you can buy CE now, I'm tempted to order it online now, but I think I will wait until the 10th and go to the store close my my best friends house. I don't want to mess this up lol.

When I saw it I just looked at my wallet "must not use card!!!"
    Make 100% sure it is the pre-purchase before you buy anything, not the pre-order.
    Would be a shame to pre-order then not get any of the pre-purchase benefits.

Make 100% sure it is the pre-purchase before you buy anything, not the pre-order.
    Would be a shame to pre-order then not get any of the pre-purchase benefits.
    Yes that is why I am waiting lol

also that icon, so fierce

Quote Originally Posted by Anthoren View Post
    Yes that is why I am waiting lol

also that icon, so fierce
    Considering my Charr will be white and somewhat savage, I figured it fit. :P

You could also try calling them, alternatively.
    From what I've heard about most retailers only carrying 1 CE, I would grab it if you can (if you can confirm that it's a pre-purchase not a pre-order)

Considering my Charr will be white and somewhat savage, I figured it fit. :P

You could also try calling them, alternatively.
    From what I've heard about most retailers only carrying 1 CE, I would grab it if you can (if you can confirm that it's a pre-purchase not a pre-order)
    You do have a point there, although i would hate to lose any pre-purchasing bonuses, I do really want the CE.