Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What to do with a text from your ex.

SO! 'bout two/three weeks ago we split up after nearly three months, they want to 'stay friends' [not my typical style, I usually cut ex-partners from my life]. I admit I've been less than friendly, removed them from my facebook, as I genuinely only keep my inner circle of friends on there, haven't been my usual overly happy/caring seld when we talk by phone.

Anyway, today I get a message out of the blue asking Are you mad at me? I told her: Relax, you'll get your fucking watch back. To which she replied - I don't care about the watch, I want us to be okay...

How do I best use this golden opportunity to my advantage?
    On the hot-or-not scale she'd be about 8.5/10, personality wise, she's a bit of an annoying angry bitch, but then again so am I. We are hardly marriage material but we were alright together.

Do I get mad? Get even? Get Machiavelian?

Opinions from Zom are already ignored, but thanks again for giving me your bandwidth! You cow.

Spitroast the mother. That'll teach her.
    Cake!

Deleted
    Try acting like an adult human being and move on with your life

Deleted
    You give her a watch and tell her to GTFO. Might wanna do it nicely though, cos she seems to be acting well about everything. Being friends with an ex never works. It's like saying; "The Dog died, but can we still keep it?". It's just silly.

Deleted
    Just leave her, go play in a band, get famous and fucking enjoy your life!

Or like Ratama said, try acting like an adult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratama View Post
    And the correct answer has been posted.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol what? you expect there's some kind of chance that you and 'angry hot bitch' can be "alright"?

Surprised you managed a few months with this person, you sound like a jackass...

Elysia's epic sig skillz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFNK View Post
    And the correct answer has been posted.
    2nd reply even, I'm proud of MMO champ sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Ratama View Post
    I feel as thought I did! But I'm the first to admit I can get petty during breakups. I made every effort to remove ourselves from each others lives, but that obviously isn't what the other party wants.
    Last edited by ashrawr; 2012-04-04 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Szyrex View Post
    Spitroast the mother. That'll teach her.
    What does spitroast mean?
    Kindness goes a long way.

If your single, go for friends with benefits. Otherwise just stop being an ass, if she talks to you, talk back. If you'd rather not just tell her so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daphne Blake View Post
    What does spitroast mean?
    I reccomend you google it, or use your imagination when inventing a sex position inspired by a hog roast. :/

Blast it with piss.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually still friends with 2 of my ex-girlfriends so it is possible to still be friends with someone post-dating but if you're the type that really wants to cut all ties with her then try to not act like an ass. Return the watch and tell her you don't want to be friends or talk to her anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    If your single, go for friends with benefits. Otherwise just stop being an ass, if she talks to you, talk back. If you'd rather not just tell her so.
    I definately couldn't handle friends with benefits! Drama yo

Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou View Post
    I reccomend you google it, or use your imagination when inventing a sex position inspired by a hog roast. :/
    A roast hog has a apple in its mouth in cartoons. Should I assume he should feed her apples then? :P

If you don't want to see her then don't. Play the adult be nice then tell her you just don't want her in your life at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being friends with an ex depends on your personality. Considering you said you have an angry personality, then it won't work. Just give her the watch and move on.

I've been friends with my ex-wife since we divorced. Why should I hate someone I use to love? At least she is still there for me, and I'm there for her.

Not enough information.

Who broke it off? Why?

Personally unless it was a bad break up I don't see anything wrong with remaining civil at least.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by Haizer View Post

I've been friends with my ex-wife since we divorced. Why should I hate someone I use to love? At least she is still there for me, and I'm there for her.
    Nice advice and so true