Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Knopperz View Post
    That is an excellent comeback.

Even if I hate EA.

Quote Originally Posted by Magruun View Post
    Despite trying to make this money from DLC EA did lose $340 Million in 2011.
    The gaming industry is facing a financial crisis at the moment, after all.
    C'mon, man... if they lost even 1 dollar, they would be forced by investors to go into receivership. The real world would like a word with you.

Deleted
    How unexpected ... ^^"

Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    "EA has been voted the "worst company in America" by readers of customer watchdog site The Consumerist."

"EA and Bank America had beaten a number of other contenders - including Ticketmaster, Apple, GameStop, WalMart, Sony and PayPal - to reach the final round, which the games publisher won with 64.03 per cent of the public vote. Over 250,000 votes were counted throughout the contest."

http://consumerist.com/2012/04/congr...-for-2012.html

"There have even been numerous accusations that EA and its ilk deliberately hold back game content with the sole intent of charging a fee for it at a later date. It's one thing to support a game with new content that is worth the price. It's another to put out an inferior — and occasionally broken — product with the mindset of 'ah, we'll fix it later and make some money for doing so.'"

"New, independent game companies do pop up all the time, but the cost of entering the market has historically been too expensive, making these indie innovators prime targets for acquisition by mega-publishers like EA. Our hope is that the growth of app-based gaming and downloadable games will continue to make it easier for developers to get their products out without the backing of companies that don't care a lick about the people who fork over their cash."

"Oh well, Worst Company In America 2012 is officially in the books. All that's left to do is send off the Golden Poo to EA. Traditionally, the Poo has been delivered on its little red pillow. But this year, we'll give EA three different color options for its pillow, though in the end it's still the same old Poo."
    -The Consumerist

So this is based on the opinions of 250,000 people (actually not even, that's through the entire contest), seems pretty legit.

Quote Originally Posted by epec View Post
    (...) EA's secret viral marketing and "paid for" journalism is absolutely disgusting. Kotaku and IGN are practically owned by EA at this point. They are a cancer inside of the gaming community that buys up small companies and destroys the games many people loved for the sake of profit.
    IGN hasn't even mentioned the award. And they love shocking "journalism". They're pretty sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    "Oh well, Worst Company In America 2012 is officially in the books. All that's left to do is send off the Golden Poo to EA. Traditionally, the Poo has been delivered on its little red pillow. But this year, we'll give EA three different color options for its pillow, though in the end it's still the same old Poo."
    -The Consumerist
    They should also send them on poo DLC and make them pay 15$ for it in a month.

Deleted

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacu View Post
    So this is based on the opinions of 250,000 people (actually not even, that's through the entire contest), seems pretty legit.
    Actually, 10000 Participants is already enouth for a representive result.
    The margin of error is at around ~1% (with 10000 people only).

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandises View Post
    Yeah that was great.
    Anyways I sort of have to doubt the seriousness of the participants of that particular contest.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never heard of that website, but I've been saying this for years. EA is shit. It's like they go out of their way to ruin games.

15+ Year Old Account
    1 positive thing about EA though, is they come out with the best NHL games,

EA Sports, Its in the Game.

The problem with that Poll is that Generally if you've got a Computer, Working Internet and can Afford enough games to think about going to that site to vote ... You're not one of the people who lost their Homes due to BoA.

So of course EA is going to win that Competition because most of us that are voting don't give 2 shits about the random people we don't know who lost their Homes... Or a vast majority just don't know the situation at ALL... I didn't know until about a week ago and I'm sure many people who voted didn't know about it either, we're simply uninterested in what happens with the BoA or we don't live in the US and it's not on our news all day.

I feel sorry for all those people who were effected by the BoA Shitstorm, but frankly making sure EA received that "Title" Makes me Smile uncontrollably. Mass Effect 3 Aside EA is a horrid company and they deserved it probably almost as much as BOA anyway.

With BofA you can always go to another bank if they're giving you trouble. Or do your research and not go to them in the first place.

With EA, they hold a monopoly of multiple sport franchises. They also buy up any competitor they can, and when they have them, it's for good. It's not like you can go play Activision's NFL Game. Or CD Projekt's Dragon Age 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    BTW... this poll shows just how retarded the general public is. I can understand people hating EA for holding back content, or trying to make money on DLC's... but to hate them more than a bank that had a major hand in the collapse of our economy, taking huge bailouts that everyone in America has to pay for? How can that not be the worse company in America?
    indeed. when i read that it was a tie between BoA and EA the reasonable if not EDUCATED person would assume one of the banks that shot America's economy to shit and robbed taxpayers out of trillions of dollars would win what equates to a "we think these companies are dicks" competition but NOOOOOOO. this is why we don't deserve nice things america. not saying we dont have nice things. but we dont deserve them.
    Last edited by psdew1813; 2012-04-05 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knopperz View Post
    Actually, 10000 Participants is already enouth for a representive result.
    The margin of error is at around ~1% (with 10000 people only).
    If you would have used a random sample of people and given a free choice sure, this was less than 0.25% of the American population with a sample size based on some website most people never heard of with voting over several rounds on a preselected pool of companies. Who knows if everyone that voted in round one also voted in the final round, how many dropped because of their object of dislike was bumped out of the vote, how many came in as new voters when there where only two choices left, and so on, remember that it was 250k over the whole process. We could also put in to question how many actually answered truthfully, I'm guessing the few months before had a much bigger impact on some peoples vote as such skewing a result that supposed to be representative for a whole year.

In short, sure if it was a legit study your 10k participants might be representative, in this, not even close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windry View Post
    I don't need a poll to tell me how to think about a company. A story, an article, or just personal experience buying their game all have much more weight.

And BTW... this poll shows just how retarded the general public is. I can understand people hating EA for holding back content, or trying to make money on DLC's... but to hate them more than a bank that had a major hand in the collapse of our economy, taking huge bailouts that everyone in America has to pay for? How can that not be the worse company in America?
    this, pretty much
    but then again, if i can pirate a game i will. i refuse to pay for a game with ~8 hours of storyline and mediocre online play
    Whether the world's greatest gnats, or the world's greats heroes, you're still only mortal!

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it wrong to say that EA is the Justin Bieber of gaming world?

10+ Year Old Account
    It really is a sad day for all Americans when a video game company is voted 'worse company of America" instead of those companies that have actually fucked up people's lives recently.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling the truly terrible companies paid off the people to keep them off the list. While EA is pretty damn low and dirty, they're certainly not the worst company in america.

---------- Post added 2012-04-05 at 05:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    1 positive thing about EA though, is they come out with the best NHL games,

EA Sports, Its in the Game.
    The reason they come out with the NHL games is because they OWN sports games.