1. #1

    EA voted worst company in the world

    That's worse than Haliburton and Enron, worse than the peanut butter company that killed people.

    Personally I'm not surprised given I quit SWTOR 2 month ago, even though I paid until June like a sucker.
    Wait. Wow? People still play that game? ummm. ok.

  2. #2
    Brewmaster jibbyjackjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    1,442
    That's gonna hurt them a bunch. But what did they expect? All of their upper management and cooperate people need gone rotated out and a new company philosophy needs to be adopted pronto or the whole ship will sink

  3. #3
    Online polls are super representative of the population at large amirite?

  4. #4
    There is already a thread on this, with actual you know, links and whatnot, to the tiny angst-ridden site the poll is taken from.

    So why start this one? I'm just curious.

  5. #5
    Because as well all know, The Consumerist is a valued opinion of the world. Specifically when the panel consisted of a whopping list of people on the internet. Surely Madden sales will slump now because the Consumerist said they are big meanie faces
    Trust your doubt. Always fight for your beliefs. That is the path beyond thought.

  6. #6
    High Overlord Dakkomakko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    165
    Source?
    tenchar

  7. #7
    Worst company in the world does not mean worst company in history. It just means of all the companies in the world and how they currently operate, it is the worst. Given that Enron is a asset-less shell of a company that only owns one asset less water company, and its sole purpose in existence is paying off its debt, its not that bad anymore.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    Worst company in the world does not mean worst company in history. It just means of all the companies in the world and how they currently operate, it is the worst. Given that Enron is a asset-less shell of a company that only owns one asset less water company, and its sole purpose in existence is paying off its debt, its not that bad anymore.
    How about Bank of America? Philip-Morris? There are quite a few other companies worse than EA. If you honestly think a company that makes video games can be voted as the 'worst company in the world', there is something deeply disturbing about your worldview.

    There is actual sources and links in the thread on the Video Game forms.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakkomakko View Post
    Source?
    tenchar
    http://consumerist.com/2012/04/congr...-for-2012.html

    EA is the worst company in America*

    I don't like EA, but what does an internet poll prove lol.

    As one of the reddit comments stated:
    No one's arguing EA isn't a piece of shit, but EA is a minor piece of shit in a sea of giant turds. It just happens that EA pissed off a group of internet-savy consumers and the rage is now disproportionately spread out.
    I'm all for hating companies because of the way they treat consumers and employees, but please, people, there are so much better people to focus the hate on.
    EA fired your favorite developers after buying the studio? Sure, it sucks, but EA was doing exactly what a company like EA should be doing by spending their money in these types of investments for their own use. Sure, some developers got hurt, but if that's your metric for hating a company then Google, Microsoft, Apple, and tons of other massive businesses should be the receiving end of a massive Reddit shitstorm because of these same practices.
    The reasons you people hate EA are mostly good reasons to hate them, but they do not make EA the worst. EA treats 7,820 employees like shit, but where's the bile directed at Walmart's 2.1 million mistreated employees? By all means, let's use these metrics to hate people, but if we agree on that, then EA becomes a minor target.
    EA just pissed of a vocal group of people. They are not the worst at anything they do.
    I agree with this

    But their (EA) response was funny. They seem butthurt
    Last edited by Bane123; 2012-04-05 at 04:02 AM.

  10. #10
    Should quote EA's response on Kotaku. It was pretty good, but I'm too lazy to go look for it.

  11. #11
    ehh I would have to go with Activision.
    ruined tony hawk and guitar hero


  12. #12
    So a bunch of self entitled brats (a whooping 250k people out of 300+ million, less than 0.25% of the American population) made a vote on what company they felt had hurt them the most that month and we are supposed to care why?
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    How about Bank of America? Philip-Morris? There are quite a few other companies worse than EA. If you honestly think a company that makes video games can be voted as the 'worst company in the world', there is something deeply disturbing about your worldview.

    There is actual sources and links in the thread on the Video Game forms.
    I merely said that Enron wasn't the worst currently by a long shot. It was at one point, but this is not about the worst company in the history of the world, just the worst in the world. I'm arguing what it means to be the "worst in the world" and you are are arguing which company you think it is. Personally, I use bank of america, and I do not have many problems with it. It is far better than what I see other banks do to people, and there have been several times when BofA says "we should charge for this" and enough people complained about it and they said "alright, we won't charge for it"

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    I merely said that Enron wasn't the worst currently by a long shot. It was at one point, but this is not about the worst company in the history of the world, just the worst in the world. I'm arguing what it means to be the "worst in the world" and you are are arguing which company you think it is. Personally, I use bank of america, and I do not have many problems with it. It is far better than what I see other banks do to people, and there have been several times when BofA says "we should charge for this" and enough people complained about it and they said "alright, we won't charge for it"
    I was kind of agreeing with you. There are plenty of companies who have done much worse things, and do them nearly daily, than one who might be making decisions about video games that someone does not like.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I was kind of agreeing with you. There are plenty of companies who have done much worse things, and do them nearly daily, than one who might be making decisions about video games that someone does not like.
    Ah, point taken. Personally, I feel the worst company in the world is my apartment. Giving me eviction notices cause rent is due today and the office closes in 3 hours, or because I throw my garbage in the designated dumpster. There are far worse things than firing people after buying out a company. That's common practice.

  16. #16
    My undergrad is in business administration and I remember two seperate textbooks using EA as their example for a horrible place to work at.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulvar View Post
    My undergrad is in business administration and I remember two seperate textbooks using EA as their example for a horrible place to work at.
    Hmmm, must be really bad. Do their employees kill themselves like in China where the workers for the contract manufacturer for many popular consumer electronics treat them like shit? What about all those oil companies that destroy the environment in other countries that we don't know about e.g Nigeria where the delta is being destroyed by oil companies like Shell. Not defending EA, just saying there are companies out there that actually affect people's lives, not where some gamers are raging about a company that makes games.

  18. #18
    Mechagnome gualdhar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    679
    People get wrongfully evicted from their homes, refused life-saving medical treatments, shit on by their employers for all kinds of reasons, and all 250,000 people care about is EA charging them an extra 10 bucks for their games? I'm not a huge fan of EA but perspective is always nice.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •