Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Blood Corruption: Earth : How does it work?

So, we're doing Spine heroic now and I watched a couple of videos from healer point of views on this fight, and paid attention to the debuff portions. I understand how it bounces...but the thing I'm not getting is how it becomes the buff.

Every time I think I have it on the tanks, it isn't and every time I think I won't get it on them, it ends up there. So, how exactly does this thing work? Do I dispel it off the tank to make it stay? Do I leave it on them? Do I dispel it off a person who's next to them? Help me out with this one please. Thanks.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    Dispel death, jumps to random person and has chance to morph to earth.

If you dispell earth then it has chance to go to death.

If you let earth buff run out then the person that it ran out on gets 20% reduction.

Is the buff random on who it goes to? I was told it wasn't, that it jumps to the closest person.

Deleted
    Copied from WoWhead:

Deathwing's corruption courses through your veins. This corruption will take hold if it is not removed quickly, infecting the player with the Blood of Deathwing. When dispelled this effect jumps to a new target and can mutate into Blood Corruption: Earth.

Random target that it jumps to.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuija View Post
    If you dispell earth then it has chance to go to death.
    This is not true. Once debuff morphed into Earth it will no longer morph into Death. This stuff was fixed ages ago, even before New Year.

Basically you dispell Death until it becomes Earth and then dispel in order to get it on either tanks or people usually dying from aggro, lack of personal cds or whatever reason. When you get it on the person you want, just let it fade. Upon expiration it will give a buff that reduces incomming damage by 20%.
    Torty - Highmountain Druid - Turalyon EU

Icy-Veins Guide for Restoration Druids

Deleted
    You dispel the debuff till it goes from red to yellow, so it doesn't kill the raid. If you want the buff to be applied to the tank you dispel it till it reaches the tank. You can force the debuff to jump to tank by standing on opposite sides or you can simply dispel it enough times till it hits the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    You can force the debuff to jump to tank by standing on opposite sides
    This is extremely important. The debuff jumping is not random. If anyone is on the opposite side of the Spine (which side you are on is the same as used for roll triggers) it will prefer jumping to them. If there are multiple people, it is random among that group, but every time it jumps it goes across the spine if it can.
    Alt-aholics Anonymous member since 2005.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...totemic/simple
    85 Restoration Shaman, Elemental off-spec.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, of the brief replies I didn't really get any information that I did not already know. The thing I was stating is that I am getting Earth onto the tanks, but when it expires it does not seem to be giving them the 20% damage reduction buff. Thus why I am asking : am I missing something here?
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Yea to make the buff go to tank, melee needs to move to range and tanks to be like 10+yd away from rest of your grp, this way they'll get it and be able to kite/tank the bloods once u get to 3rd plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Well, of the brief replies I didn't really get any information that I did not already know. The thing I was stating is that I am getting Earth onto the tanks, but when it expires it does not seem to be giving them the 20% damage reduction buff. Thus why I am asking : am I missing something here?
    Something's wrong with your UI.

Deleted
    It's a buff, not a debuff once the dispellable debuff expires. Make sure to check their buffs (I actually included the buff as a debuff on my vuhdo to see stack counts). Also it doesn't stack higher than 2, at least in 10m
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2012-04-05 at 09:18 AM.

Wait
    so it DOES NOT turn into blood agian when it goes earth?
    Are you guys sure?]
    Any actual source?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    Wait
    Are you guys sure?]
    Any actual source?
    It was changed in a hotfix about a week or so after 4.3 came out.

For the OP and anyone else, here is a summary of how the buff/debuff works *currently* as there's a lot of outdated information in various guides.

Shortly after each Amalgamation spawn a random player will be given the debuff Blood Corruption: Death with a duration of 15 seconds. If this ticks down to 0 the raid wipes. When this buff is dispelled it has a chance to mutate into Blood Corruption Earth. This will happen on either the 2nd or 4th dispel. When it cahnges into Earth it will then continue to tick down until it expires. When it expire it places a buff called Blood of Neltharion on the affected player which increases their health.

This is a lot simpler to deal with now than it was in it's original form. Earth can no longer morph back into Death. You always get the maximum number of stacks of Blood of Neltharion on a target in 25 man when Blod Corruption: Earth expires.

To get the buff onto your tanks you simply have the raid stack on one side of the boss and the tanks on the other after the first roll when there are 3 debuffs active. Dispel until all the debuffs are Earth and there's one on each tank. Let them expire and bingo, you're done. The rest of the fight you just dispel any Deaths and if you have the spare GCDs try to get Earth on your healers. It's not the end of the world if you don't.

Make sure you have your raid frames set up to show the Blood of Neltharion buff. I use a dot indicator at the bottom of Grid to track it in my UI.

Hope this has helped someone

The name of the buff it "converts" to is Blood of Neltharion. Each stack (maximum 2) reduces damage taken by 20 percent to a maximum of 40 percent.

EDIT: Just for information's sake, I'm the dispel-caster on the fight and we never try to "shift around" to get the stacks to go immediately where we want them. I just play around with them until they land in one of the "right" places. The only thing that really matters is getting 2 stacks on your blood tank. It's nice to have 2 on the Amalg tank, but it's not absolutely necessary. I find healers actually need 2 stacks more than the amalg tank does because once you start kiting, the healers get hit by the new bloods coming in before the amalg tank can get them off.
    Last edited by Zestrenocya; 2012-04-05 at 10:43 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    Wait
    Are you guys sure?]
    Any actual source?
    It does not turn back into death for sure, at least in 10man. The text in dungeon journal which states the opposite is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkyman View Post
    It does not turn back into death for sure, at least in 10man. The text in dungeon journal which states the opposite is wrong.
    Fuck me sideways, we've been progressing on this fight for 2 weeks now on 25m assuming it *could* turn back..... We assumed the dungeon journal was accurate, silly us............

FML.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvissa View Post
    It was changed in a hotfix about a week or so after 4.3 came out.

For the OP and anyone else, here is a summary of how the buff/debuff works *currently* as there's a lot of outdated information in various guides.

Shortly after each Amalgamation spawn a random player will be given the debuff Blood Corruption: Death with a duration of 15 seconds. If this ticks down to 0 the raid wipes. When this buff is dispelled it has a chance to mutate into Blood Corruption Earth. This will happen on either the 2nd or 4th dispel. When it cahnges into Earth it will then continue to tick down until it expires. When it expire it places a buff called Blood of Neltharion on the affected player which increases their health.

This is a lot simpler to deal with now than it was in it's original form. Earth can no longer morph back into Death. You always get the maximum number of stacks of Blood of Neltharion on a target in 25 man when Blod Corruption: Earth expires.

To get the buff onto your tanks you simply have the raid stack on one side of the boss and the tanks on the other after the first roll when there are 3 debuffs active. Dispel until all the debuffs are Earth and there's one on each tank. Let them expire and bingo, you're done. The rest of the fight you just dispel any Deaths and if you have the spare GCDs try to get Earth on your healers. It's not the end of the world if you don't.

Make sure you have your raid frames set up to show the Blood of Neltharion buff. I use a dot indicator at the bottom of Grid to track it in my UI.

Hope this has helped someone
    This is 99% of the information related to this mechanic. The other 1% is that the debuff duration saves itself on jumps. If it is at 13 seconds and it is dispelled, the debuff on the new target will be at 13 seconds. This timer is conserved even when switching to Earth, so quick dispelling is necessary if you're aiming it for certain targets. The timer does not tick while it is jumping, which causes it to slow down drastically if you're chain dispelling one debuff. I've gotten it to last 10 dispels on 5 seconds, so don't be afraid to keep on going until it's on the person you want it on. I've been doing debuff dispelling for Spine for 2 months.

Also of note (apparently this is 25 only?), each Earth that is allowed to resolve on a player gives the 40% reduction, 2 stacks, from the start. There is no 20% reduction (again, apparently just on 25).

But the left/right parting of your raid to force the debuff on the tanks is SUPER easy to do, and SHOULD be done on the first 3 amalgs. Worse case, you need one more round of buffs to get it on the 3rd tank.

Deleted
    A question regarding this debuff.
    Since I am the dispeller on this fight I notice that after the first roll I sometimes lose a debuff.
    Like this night I landed 1 stack on the buff on both of the tanks but after that there was no more blood corruption earth or death left to dispel,I track the buff with vuhdo and I saw only the stacks on the tanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mikkio View Post
    A question regarding this debuff.
    Since I am the dispeller on this fight I notice that after the first roll I sometimes lose a debuff.
    Like this night I landed 1 stack on the buff on both of the tanks but after that there was no more blood corruption earth or death left to dispel,I track the buff with vuhdo and I saw only the stacks on the tanks
    It's probable that 2 Death/Earth went on to the same person at the same time. It happens occasionally to me. I'll think I've lost one then I'll dispel and because Priest dispel removes two effects they both appear on new people. Really annoying when you have 2 on the same tank and have another tank without any!