Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Google Project Glass

Not sure how I feel about this, the whole talking to yourself from bluetooths is already..irritating I guess. It seems that it could be interesting technology, but again I would feel adverse to the whole talking aloud of all the things that would be going on in my day to day life. Thoughts?
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

I love the concept but i wonder if they can execute it right. But all in all kudos to google for thinking ahead and trying new things. Out of all giant corporations I like google the most.

I saw this earlier, it loooked pretty cool.

There are already snowboard goggles that do some of this. Well not really the glasses themselves, but its an insert in their 'MOD' system.

http://www.gadling.com/2011/11/09/an...to-the-slopes/

I was thinking about buying some of these in a couple years after the tech advances a bit.

Deleted
    I've been waiting for something like this for ages. Something like this that's actually usable that is…

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly Google is trying to take over the world.

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    eyePhones are finally here! All hail Mom!
    Was going to post that in the original post, but was limited to one video.

Shut up and take my money!

- King Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    eyePhones are finally here! All hail Mom!
    "Hey, is it safe to talk while you're flying?" "Oh totally this thing is hands free! That's how I can eat this taco AND this spaghetti" *Crashes into building"
    I can totally see that happening lol

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nifty invention. But I don't really feel that I need it. Excessive to say the least. And I have a feeling the coverage will be severely lacking for certain areas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great, more distracted people while driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Willeonge View Post
    Clearly Google is trying to take over the world.
    they havent already?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataclysmic Skyris View Post
    they havent already?
    Point taken.

- King Stannis Baratheon

I can see that being banned for drivers by almost all countries in a matter of days.

this isnt just a late april fools right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't imagine that it would be, it'd be a great product to create and Google would know that it sell extremely well.

- King Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Willeonge View Post
    I don't imagine that it would be, it'd be a great product to create and Google would know that it sell extremely well.
    but do we have the technology?
    last time i checked our eye monitering / thought monitering technology was.... whats a less of a word for "barbaric" im about to go to bed so im tired >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    I really doubt it. Usually googles april fools are pretty easy to see.

This seems pretty realistic.

last time i checked our eye monitering / thought monitering technology was.... whats a less of a word for "barbaric" im about to go to bed so im tired >.<
    You wouldn't need eye tracking since, I would assume, this project is a type of eyewear (glasses). What you would need would be an small accelerometer on the frame somewhere (for the looking up at the sky part), a tiny camera facing to where your looking (for the video call part), and a way to project this information onto the lenses. Eye tracking would only help with the selecting of the options in a non-verbal way.

The biggest hurdle for something like this would be getting processing units and a battery and all of the other gear into a stylish, un-obtrusive, glasses frame.
    If you truly read and think about it, this explains the reason for an immense amount of things...
    -nobody panics when things go "according to plan", even if the plan is horrifying! If tomorrow i tell the press if a gang-banger will get shot or a truck load of soliders will be blown up; no body panics. Its all apart of "The Plan". But if i say that one, little, old mayor will die, well then everyone losses their minds!
    "Those that criticize our generation forget who raised it"

10+ Year Old Account
    NYTimes article/blog bit on the glasses: http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/0...ality-glasses/

- King Stannis Baratheon

I love the thought of electromagnetic radiation by my brain all day long as I walk around with glasses that are connected to the internet. Yay.

Primitive?