Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nengal View Post
    I love the thought of electromagnetic radiation by my brain all day long as I walk around with glasses that are connected to the internet. Yay.
    Eat a banana. Get more radiation than you do in a month of using cell phones. Enjoy.

You know what Project Glass makes me think of?

The earphones from Dr Who. The ones that eventually allowed the creator to take control over people and eventually turn them into the metal cyborg guys.

Do not want.

Honestly though, it actually does scare me. One company with control over this sort of thing.

This is awesome, You know Michio Kaku is writing about it in his new Book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    I love the concept but i wonder if they can execute it right. But all in all kudos to google for thinking ahead and trying new things. Out of all giant corporations I like google the most.
    I hope they do innovate. They stopped innovating ages now, they just copy ideas from elsewhere or buy them. I'm getting sick of Google, people freak out about Facebook when Google is exponentially worse. The company is elitist and has questionable morals too. Considering I know employees and members of the board I feel I can make that statement.

I live in New York... the first thing that hit me was how lazy the guy was for wanting to take a subway such a short distance, slightly over 1/2 a mile. Walk fattie. Its so hippster too.. lol... He even has a mac (I think?) What a douche. I like how its 58F and sunny, and his buddy is dressed like its freezing out. thats T-shirt weather, wheres he from, the Amazon? Lame "durh look a door, Im going to take a picture of a door and share it, THIS matters"

Anyway... eh, its kinda cool, but seems a bit much. Then again, I remember when I was very young and remotes for TV's were becoming main stream, my dad saying "what kind of lazy bum needs that?" now he cant imagine not having it.
    Last edited by Cruor; 2012-04-05 at 08:43 AM.

Thumbs up

Most of the Android apps I use have ads plastered all over them, there's no reason to suppose these glasses will be any different.

I just wonder how long it will be before someone is killed wandering around blindly using these things. As if being "powered" by Google isn't bad enough, the safety implications are quite obvious.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    No thanks, I'll stick to my own normal glasses, but hey, I don't even like Facebook either, I am probably getting old
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

10+ Year Old Account
    If it really works THAT well, it's pretty damn cool. I agree though, listening to people talk on their bluetooth and trying to decide if they are batshit crazy or not is kinda irritating.

I don't wear glasses though!

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like the idea. Very cyberpunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    You know what Project Glass makes me think of?

The earphones from Dr Who. The ones that eventually allowed the creator to take control over people and eventually turn them into the metal cyborg guys.

Do not want.

Honestly though, it actually does scare me. One company with control over this sort of thing.
    You realize the Google Glasses aren't embedded in your brain, while that Doctor Who thing was. And you act like other companies wouldn't fund their own if this takes off.

Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post

I don't wear glasses though!
    That's a good thing. If you wear glasses you need to clip the thing onto your actual glasses, whereas you can just put on the Google Glasses if you have good eyesight.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

While this is awesome the technology is still very very far from it's somehow working implementation.

I know a guy who was using his ipad while walking, and didn't see stuff in front of his feet, and fell down.
    But icons appearing out of the blue to indicate weather, directions, time, what about any viruses? Let the hilarity commence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    I know a guy who was using his ipad while walking, and didn't see stuff in front of his feet, and fell down.
    But icons appearing out of the blue to indicate weather, directions, time, what about any viruses? Let the hilarity commence.
    "A giant penis storm is approaching!" Then the glasses just start screaming in the middle of a busy city centre and they won't stop. Ever. Sounds like loads of fun!

Two things worry me about these glasses. One is that voice recognition software still isn't that awesome. Siri looks to be great in the advertisments, but the real workability of it is a far cry away from what Apple would have you believe. My second concern is in how it will totally rely on 3G or the equivelant technology available to function. Having the extra added congestion from these might make things pretty unworkable.

The technology does now exist though. We have OLED technology that can have a monitor created from a film as thin as a sheet of paper, and we have the ability to produce microchips that are now totally flat.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Deleted
    As far as I'm aware, this concept really isn't new. I'd love to see people get hit by cars because they were to busy chatting instead of looking around though.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    As far as I'm aware, this concept really isn't new. I'd love to see people get hit by cars because they were to busy chatting instead of looking around though.
    An easier way to thin the stupid from the general population, awesome.

Deleted
    Doesn't look like such a great invention, I'm sorry.

First, don't be surprised if there would be tons of commercials to the point you'll actually remove your glasses.
    Second, this would be a horrible distraction while driving, crossing streets, even working or trying to play a game, it will create a lot of accidents.
    It will also ruin eyesight for the people who don't need glasses, since they'd be constantly using their eyesight to look at very close range.

Now, a watch type of application like that, sure. But glasses? No.

If you see someone wearing those, come up to them, and say quickly: "send new email, subject: sex change, body: next time you see me, you won't recognize me, add contacts: all, send, confirm, ok"
    Smile, and walk away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    If you see someone wearing those, come up to them, and say quickly: "send new email, subject: sex change, body: next time you see me, you won't recognize me, add contacts: all, send, confirm, ok"
    Smile, and walk away.
    Haha that would be a real problem if, say, you were sitting on a bus or train that is busy. All of the snippets of conversation would make it pretty hard to use the voice interaction.

And advertisments! ugh. I hate how far adverts are going toward being EVERYWHERE, and the moment they start to appear before my very eyes as I'm walking past a Starbucks or something and I get one shoved in to my face from that very shop, I'd probably rage.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Great, more distracted people while driving.
    Haven't you heard? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_driverless_car

My first thought of that video was "is that Monsieur Gayno dude a real person?"

Quote Originally Posted by Nengal View Post
    I love the thought of electromagnetic radiation by my brain all day long as I walk around with glasses that are connected to the internet. Yay.

Please, learn it.
    Stulti se laudant.
    Minecraft Survival Server: 203.206.166.219:25565
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fpiceail