Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Miniatures (Mini-pets)

We all know GW1 had a ton of them, and they would return in GW2.

However I found a 'small' Alpha list of them;

Orange Tabby Cat - Received after obtaining 9 Hall of Monuments points
    Orrian Baby Chicken - Received after obtaining 15 Hall of Monuments points
    Rockfur Raccoon - Received after obtaining 21 Hall of Monuments points
    Red Servitor Golem - Received after obtaining 27 Hall of Monuments points
    Miniature Rytlock - Received for Digital Deluxe and Collector's Edition of Guild Wars 2.
    Frost Spider
    Ice Elemental
    Dredge Excavator
    Dredge Strazar
    Dredge Resonator
    Svanir Hunter
    Shaman of Jormag
    Wolfborn
    Wolfborn Hunter
    Bandit Cutpurse
    Big Nosed Ted
    Inquest Extinguisher
    Inquest Technician
    Storm Imp
    Swamp Drake
    Swamp Spider
    Green Moa
    Seraph Heavy Guard
    Modniir Ice Sage
    River Drake
    Frost Fang
    River Drake Broodmother
    Eelob Poisonfang
    Skarn Darkhoof
    Comrade Molechev
    Yaolt the Fierce
    High Inquisitor Maut
    Zojja
    Logan Thackeray
    Ragar Shardhammer
    Peacekeeper Shocktrooper
    Frost Drake
    White Moa
    Dredge Mining Suit
    PK 632Z
    Seraph Mage
    Modniir Berserker
    Bandit Scout
    Bandit Saboteur
    Eir Stegalkin
    Svanir Icebreaker
    Svanir Berserker
    Wolfborn Berserker
    Wolfborn Shaman
    Bandit Bruiser
    Yellow Moa
    Forest Spider
    Windrider
    Tamini Warrior
    Harathi Sharpshooter
    Peacekeeper Sharshot
    Peacekeeper Soldier
    Inquest Golemcaster
    Mark I Assault Golem
    Hylek Amini
    Hylek Nahualli
    Hylek Cuicani
    Hylek Tlamatini
    Seraph Archer
    Seraph Recruit
    Now the question is, are there any miniatures you would like to see for GW2?

It's quite unsure how these will be obtained.

All we know is that some miniatures (unsure if any from this list) will be obtainable from the miniature pack buy-able from the micro-transaction-store.
    Last edited by Jovanaar; 2012-04-05 at 10:23 AM.

My character from GW1 would be awesome
    But what I don't want to see are any elder dragons. I would be against any main villains being minis.

Deleted
    dont understand why ppl care bout this little pets which do nothing than being pets^^

they are just useless

Deleted
    I hope they do the same thing again, where you receive a gift a year, with a mini in it. Combined with other ways to obtain them of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Inora View Post
    dont understand why ppl care bout this little pets which do nothing than being pets^^

they are just useless
    People care about cosmetic things? BS. If that was true, people would actually farm for mounts and minipets in WoW, or buy skins in LoL, or transmog their gear!
    That would be dumb, none of that stuff actually does anything. I mean, my starter mount goes 310 speed now, why would I bother getting a stone drake?

.. anyways....
    I skimmed (like, literally skimmed, as in read 2 or 3 of the names) and noticed Zojja on the list.
    This disappoints me slightly, because I was kind of hoping that they would change the way minipets work so that you weren't walking around with a mini-humanoid like in GW1.
    Something about people walking around with a mini Jora or mini Koss always bothered me in GW1.
    Don't know how I didn't notice the mini Rytlock for DD/CE before now.
    But if they're going for that, I guess I'd like a mini Ember Doomforge. >.>
    Or a Mini Gwen V2.0

Deleted
    I absolutely adore mini pets. (Don't know why, I just like collecting them).
    Personally I'd like the norn spirits in a mini form!
    Also, I do have a question, how complex were these to obtain in GW1?

Quote Originally Posted by Kallanna View Post
    I absolutely adore mini pets. (Don't know why, I just like collecting them).
    Personally I'd like the norn spirits in a mini form!
    Also, I do have a question, how complex were these to obtain in GW1?
    In GW1, there was only one that I can think of that wasn't obtained from either a special event, collectors edition, or birthday present (each year your character existed it would receive a present on it's 'birthday' with a minipet inside depending on how many years it was alive, so the year 1 minis were diff than the year 2 minis) was a Moa Chick, which was obtainable by doing a big cross campaign scavenger hunt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    In GW1, there was only one that I can think of that wasn't obtained from either a special event, collectors edition, or birthday present (each year your character existed it would receive a present on it's 'birthday' with a minipet inside depending on how many years it was alive, so the year 1 minis were diff than the year 2 minis) was a Moa Chick, which was obtainable by doing a big cross campaign scavenger hunt.
    Thank you, that sounds awesome tbh.

I'll just say this for Squirrelbanes; YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY. He'll know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    I'll just say this for Squirrelbanes; YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY. He'll know what I mean.
    As you've not accepted the alliance invite in GW1...I can think of only one thing
    hehe

Deleted
    I want a lil zojja pet :D

Big Nosed Ted for the win hehe, I can't even imagine what we're going to be looking at.

I want my minature Varesh

I'll take Kuunevang (sp?). I loved that guy. Sold him already bound to my HoM for 75k when I came back after a 6 year break. Was a nice chunk of change to help me finish 30/50. And he was a dragon..and flew.

10+ Year Old Account
    Peacekeeper Sharshot
    Peacekeeper Soldier
    Hmmmm.... previously Jeff Grubb has referred to the the Rata Sum "guards" as Peacemakers, but since that particular part of the list refers to a lot of Asura stuff, I wonder if Peacekeeper is the correct term.

Personally I prefer the term Peacemaker because it kinda has a threat built into the title >:D

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Hmmmm.... previously Jeff Grubb has referred to the the Rata Sum "guards" as Peacemakers, but since that particular part of the list refers to a lot of Asura stuff, I wonder if Peacekeeper is the correct term.

Personally I prefer the term Peacemaker because it kinda has a threat built into the title >:D
    Aye......I liked it because it was the name of a Colt Magnum gun
    Very cool.
    I had images of cleaning up skritt infested-esque Dodge

Hey everyone, during the BWE2 I got bored and decided to go mini pet collecting. Here is the result - 76 minipets with screenshots. I tried to get as high res as I could but the in-game camera is a bit funky and sometimes won't zoom in properly. Anyways, I hope you enjoy the collection! For those wondering, there are about 100 minipets in game so far (excluding the HoM ones).

http://dulfy.net/2012/06/17/gw2-minisminipets/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dulfy View Post
    Hey everyone, during the BWE2 I got bored and decided to go mini pet collecting. Here is the result - 76 minipets with screenshots. I tried to get as high res as I could but the in-game camera is a bit funky and sometimes won't zoom in properly. Anyways, I hope you enjoy the collection! For those wondering, there are about 100 minipets in game so far (excluding the HoM ones).

http://dulfy.net/2012/06/17/gw2-minisminipets/
    Impressive. ^_^ Have you checked MMORPG-Life collection, they have showcase of 50 minipets: http://gw2.mmorpg-life.com/guild-wars-2-mini-pets/727/
    GW Insider just wrote about their miniatures, someone should point your site to them.

Nice to see that you can also use the Mystic Forge to get rid of duplicated Mini-pets and get new one. (needs 4 of same rarity to get new one)

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah man, now I'm going to get addicted to getting these...

I LOVE mini-pets.

I got a Fire Imp which is missing from that list