Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Heroic Warmaster 10 stealth nerf?

I'm not sure if anybody else has noticed, but we've had warmaster for a few weeks, and this week (after the mini-patch) warmaster's fire was approximately 6000X easier to deal with. It seems as though they either just fixed the "ghost fire" or they just made less fire appear altogether. If this is mentioned in patch notes or anything like that please feel free to correct me and yell curse words.

Just thought this was worth mentioning because without the stupidness of the fire, the entire fight is just a joke.

The fix would probably affect 25m as well, but I don't do 25 so I can't confirm that.

That's funny because the fire this week was the worst its ever been for us. 1 shotting spine? NP. Wiping 5 times on Warmaster? NP.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're still working on him and it seemed we had more fire than ever.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Hey guys, pretty sure Onyxia deep breaths more now too.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Upon my alts, the fire was more horrible then ever OP =/ I wanted to cry

Deleted
    killed him with the deck full of fire this week (it is the 1st time we didn't wipe in this situation tough), last week it was totally clear. obviousely it has been buffed...

Fire was no better than normal for us this week. On 1 try (which we ended up wiping on) the entire deck was still covered by fire till about 50% on warmaster and hadn't disappeared till nearer 20-30%.

Fire in that fight just seems so random.... Some weeks we start phase 2 with no fire at all on the deck while other weeks the entire deck is covered and it doesn't really seem to have a whole lot to do with how many twilight barrages/onslaughts we soak either.

Deleted
    Was worse than last week, you just got one of those lucky kills where the fire was good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Posaune View Post
    Hey guys, pretty sure Onyxia deep breaths more now too.
    This is only if you have more than 7 gnomes in the raid.

We had ghost fire and lots of fire this week, doesn't seem that anything's changed.

Aspects of the 'deckfire' on Warmaster have always been dictated by good 'ol RNG.

While a fair amount of the issues faced can be mitigated by 'good' soaking of the Twilight Barrages, (and more pertinently: quick bursting down of the Drakes), you can still have a bout of bad luck which makes the above EXTREMELY improbable to achieve.

Add to this the fact that sometimes "Fire just ain't that bad..." due to the fight mechanic where 'doused' fires don't immediately despawn; causing you to think a larger part of the ship is 'off-limits' than actually is, and thereby exacerbating the issue at hand.

If you accept/understand the above, then you'll come to the simple conclusion that you were both (a) Skillful at handling the barrages & Drakes; and (b) Lucky with Fire / Barrages.

Quote Originally Posted by Trifande View Post
    Aspects of the 'deckfire' on Warmaster have always been dictated by good 'ol RNG.

While a fair amount of the issues faced can be mitigated by 'good' soaking of the Twilight Barrages, (and more pertinently: quick bursting down of the Drakes), you can still have a bout of bad luck which makes the above EXTREMELY improbable to achieve.

Add to this the fact that sometimes "Fire just ain't that bad..." due to the fight mechanic where 'doused' fires don't immediately despawn; causing you to think a larger part of the ship is 'off-limits' than actually is, and thereby exacerbating the issue at hand.

If you accept/understand the above, then you'll come to the simple conclusion that you were both (a) Skillful at handling the barrages & Drakes; and (b) Lucky with Fire / Barrages.
    This. Warmaster has an absolutely ridiculous amount of RNG associated with the fire. Sometimes you get lucky and there's no fire, and sometimes you get unlucky and there's fire everywhere but one spot, and then Goriana drops a purple people eating patch of fire on the only clean spot.
    Alt-aholics Anonymous member since 2005.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...totemic/simple
    85 Restoration Shaman, Elemental off-spec.

Deleted
    Its just the same lol; down to fire luck and dealing with it Wiped once to it; killed it the next time nps with no fires.

We hit P2 with zero fire this week.

It's still just RNG stacked on more RNG.

This last Tuesday night we went in. First attempt there was fire everywhere, there was maybe 20 sq/ft of safe ground scattered around. The fire pinned us down in the back right-hand corner of the ship when the onslaught spawned directly across from us. While we ran across the fire the Elites double charged us down.

Next attempt the fire spawned in the very back twice in a row. We never saw it come anywhere near us. P2, zero fire. Easy Mode.

Honestly this fight seems to fluctuate from Heroic difficulty to Normal depending on the fire RNG you have, especially post nerf.

last week for farm I believe we made it into phase 2 with only the tiny little space next to the aspects not covered in fire. Wiped of course b/c of goriona's void zones. Rezzed, buffed, pulled again and fire was minimal. RNG is a fickle whore.

You soaked better/phased faster. Ship took less damage and you had less fires probably

10+ Year Old Account
    We wiped on the irst attempt with a stupid amount of fire. Attempt two (kill) there was very little.

we had no fire for the minute preceding phase 2, while I don't think anything was corrected, was nice only having to do it once, and not have fire continue spreading through phase 2

I pugged 2 normal DW the past weekend and got 2 Blazing Drakes. I think Blizzard buffed the drop rate and gave me some sort of /roll hack. Discuss.

Infracted for trolling.
    Last edited by Nyanmaru; 2012-04-06 at 03:10 AM.

Deleted
    The fire this week for us did not despawn. The water bots bugged out and we had the entire room covered in it during phase 2, we still killed it because 15% nerf el oh el but that was an interesting kill... sitting on the edge of the ship and running into the fire to escape shockwaves.

So no I really can't say that its been nerfed : )

And it sounds like you just got better at the fight or got better luck. That fire is heavy RNG, you can have little to none of it and it doesn't mean anything's been changed - just that you got lucky.