Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    wait when did google get so advanced with self drinving cars and what not... i need to go look for some stuff

these will be great when you'r wireless goes out...

Deleted
    Looks very impressive, but the biggest issue is this would cause so many accidents..

Quote Originally Posted by Jaux View Post
    So where would you keep the hard drive for those glasses? The amount of information sent would be ridiculous.

I can see a person walking the street wearing a pair of glasses connected with a wire to a large briefcase. Bag phone all over again xD

Just kidding, i'm a dinosaur so i underestimate how far we are technology wise .
    It doesn't need to have a self contained hard drive. If the glasses can have wifi installed (which is totally doable with out having huge honky glasses) then it can just connect to a server for the info. Needless to day, to have the glasses on this level of precision is quite far away. I'm guessing 5-15 years at the minimum.

Either Google is doing crazy cool stuff
    OR
    We are slowly being brainwashed by Google into thinking they are doing great stuff, which would imply Google is actually an OLD GOD corrupting us like they did to deathwing!

Either way, I am excited about this
    :P
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Sweet. Something else to see people using while driving....makes me cringe just thinking about it. Still, pretty neat concept.
    It's a good thing google have developed a driverless car then isn't it.

I would love a set of these if i was to go traveling. Looking at sites with video/articles relating to them.
    Last edited by Activi-T; 2012-04-05 at 09:49 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    /facepalm to you dude, no offence.

1) But to manage all this to work it'll require to prevent human factor. Re-design half of our infrastructure (exaple with metro simply won't work because who will manage database with all avaliable stations and it's condition? Human factor will ruin this idea if only Google will implement some kind of sensor to stations that is unlikely to happen in near future)

2) How glasses will affect the body?

3) Right now we don't have power supply to work this out. (I mean i don't want to gave Li-ion battery on my bag/pocket.)

4) Lenses WTF i don't wanna look like hipster.

This is one of thous Hi-tech future stuff that only our kids will see.
    So the idea is useless because we at this very moment don't have enough technology to fully develop it? And because you prefer to not walk around with glasses? Yeah.. Awesome argument you got there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    The problem is... where is the battery of this thing ? It has to be able to operate for least a 12h without recharge, it has to be small enough to fit in the frame, and for the glasses to look good, the frame has to be small and stylish...
    That's not an issue these days

Quote Originally Posted by Xib View Post
    That's not an issue these days
    Believe me, it is. The batteries are the weakest pat of today's mobile market.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2012-04-07 at 02:35 PM.

It doesn't enhance reality, it just takes you out of reality even more. I'd never purchase anything like that, gl to anyone who does.

I think you are way off too.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    /facepalm to you dude, no offence.

1) But to manage all this to work it'll require to prevent human factor. Re-design half of our infrastructure (exaple with metro simply won't work because who will manage database with all avaliable stations and it's condition? Human factor will ruin this idea if only Google will implement some kind of sensor to stations that is unlikely to happen in near future)

2) How glasses will affect the body?

3) Right now we don't have power supply to work this out. (I mean i don't want to gave Li-ion battery on my bag/pocket.)

4) Lenses WTF i don't wanna look like hipster.

This is one of thous Hi-tech future stuff that only our kids will see.
    --------------

1) I am not sure why you think we would have to redesign our infrastructure. Have you ever used google maps with navigation and traffic? There was no redesign. It was simply integration of all the cities traffic feeds into maps using an algorithm that translated it to a visual representation in maps. Subways already have similar online update/stoppage systems which could EASILY be fed into google's system and thus utilized by something like these glasses. In fact, I bet it is already in place in some cities...wait, I know it is, along with with bus schedules and delays, etc.

2) Why would the glasses affect the body? Dont people realize that these radio-waves coming from your phone are moving through your body every second of every day? They don't magically find their way to your phone when you need them. They blanket everything. People wearing bluetooth sets, hearing aids, or special neural implants do not have a higher incidence of cancer. This is a non-issue created by nervous nellys.

3) I would agree that power is the key issue...however, there are several companies that have created substantially better batteries but no one has picked them up because the conversion to a completely newer battery technology would be a costly move initially. What better company to invest in these technologies than Google?! This is the biggest hurdle in my mind though...but without knowing how these would work, its hard to say that a 1000mA/h battery wouldn't work.

4) Personal choice. I wouldn't want lenses. I don't want to go into a place and have to stare at someone through faux lenses, only to have them get wet when it rains, add to the weight of the glasses, or potentially break. Lens free for those that want that, lenses for those that want it or need it.

Finally, I can see how people would THINK that this is stuff of the future, but I challenge you to recall that at the current pace of technological evolution, this is simply a few years away. Look at cell phones 5 years ago, and look at them now. With Moore's law intact this will happen rapidly, and if quantum computing gets here in a hurry and nullifies Moore's law, then it's gonna be a full fledged tech orgy with nano-bots in our veins, paper thin phones, and whatever else you can dream of.

My point is this, don't discount anything.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    That video was like watching a Sims 10 trailer or something.