10+ Year Old Account

Question Unable to read required file

Okay, so Ive had MOP beta for a couple of weeks now and its been working fine. Today I go to open the launcher , it updates files and then when it starts the inicializing part of the launcher it comes up with this message.

Failed to read required File. Please close all other applications, temporarily deactivate your anti-virus software, and try again.

Now, Ive done all its asked and it still wont work, keeps coming up with that message. Is anyone else having this problem and would anyone know how to fix it?

Thankies for your time

Deleted
    Having the same problem here in Denmark. Can't update to new build and play. Hope they will hotfix it soon.

the launcher is broken at the moment. If you have already installed the beta you can launch it directly from the wow.exe file in the instalation directory. However, you cant update to the latest patch fully. The patch has made many things unstable and in some cases, unplayable so just wait until they fix it. This happens during beta, they make a small change that works fine on their end, then when they push it to live beta servers it breaks something else they didnt expect. They will fix it, just need to be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by LukePL View Post
    and where to place it?

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    i had the same error, then i just closed the launcher, and run it again as the administrator and it worked fine

10+ Year Old Account
    okies thanks for the replies I guess I might give it a while see if they fix it then just good to know Its not just me that its happening to so theyll have to hot fix at some point. It is Beta after all these things are bound to happen.

---------- Post added 2012-04-07 at 01:17 PM ----------

also funnily enough saw this thread, even though i searched for one and couldnt find one :S Its earlier than mine so i suggest any new points are put on there http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...8#post16213608