Inscription and MoP - still worth researching?

Basically, I started a new toon last month and am now sitting at 525 with very few glyphs researched. I'm on a low pop server and BF inks are ~25g each, or 100g per day for both minor and Northrend research. Now, with the MoP Inscription changes coming, is it worth the 100g a day or will it be pointless especially considering the removal of prime glyphs?

Also, I don't really have time to farm mats so please don't suggest it =)

10+ Year Old Account
    glyphs are glyphs.. people will still need them.. the bigger question is at what level do the best ones come at? since we dont really know.. keep on researching then.. get all that you can now, or you can stop.. wait for mists.. and have to go back and do these anyway to get the ones needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Only question that matters: are you using inscription as a source of gold making or just using it for the profession bonus?

If you are selling glyphs, yes you should be discovering. Why?

More recipes = more glyphs to cell = more profits to make. You should also be trying to snatch up cheap Book of Glyph Mastery s from the auction house.

If you are making glyphs and you are actually purchasing inks from the AH, you are doing it wrong. You should be purchasing herbs and mill them, do not purchase inks themselves.

If you are making gold, the cost of doing the daily research is ignorable next to the money you make from selling glyphs. MOP is still not announced, if you want to make gold, do the research and start selling the glyphs
    Thanks Jekdin for the amazing signature!

My scribe knows all current glyphs, and when I copied him over to the beta he had no new glyphs to learn from research, trainer, glyph mastery, etc., and my characters who had all current glyphs for their class known had all glyphs known when copied to the beta. So being current for glyphs won't set you back any when the expansion change comes, at least so far.

That said, you shouldn't be spending 50g or 100g on minor research, if you're on a low pop server you can head down to a starting zone and get a buttload of low level herbs for that low level ink in 15 minutes. I bet you'd be able to get a ton of northrend herbs in as short an amount a time as well.

TBH, I'm really only using it to not have to buy ridiculously over-priced glyphs for my alts. I was leveling a druid and at 25 went to get glyphs. 2 of the 3 I wanted were over 1,000g each. So I leveled a lock to 83 and maxed inscription, and now only log in for 3 minutes a day to research. Suppose I just answered my own question there...

deleted. derp.
    Thanks Jekdin for the amazing signature!

I'd still do the research but shy away from buying any Books of Glyph Mastery until more is known about the profession.

I'm more surprised by your "don't have time to farm" comment. I have a fairly new scribe that still has about 30 glyphs to learn through Minor or Northrend research. I can easily get a few days supply of ink by flying around a starting zone or Sholazar Basin in 15 minutes.