Deleted

Tanks in PVP - Guard

I remember in DOAC and currently SWToR they have guard setting on tanks so the tank puts this on a player and reduces damage to that player. I love it and it makes playing a tank great in PVP, wouldnt this be a good move for tanks in WOW pvp?

---------- Post added 2012-04-05 at 01:54 PM ----------

Also - in SWToR - taunt reduces the damage the taunted player does unless they attack the tank taunting.

Yes I know that is SWToR - I like wow and that but think it would make tanks in wow pvp playable to a decent level

I don't know what you are really trying to say but it sounds bad. Tanks shouldn't be able to control who attacks whom in PVP. Blizzard doesn't really care about balancing tanks in PVP much anyway, sorry to say.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BombayRoll View Post
    I remember in DOAC and currently SWToR they have guard setting on tanks so the tank puts this on a player and reduces damage to that player. I love it and it makes playing a tank great in PVP, wouldnt this be a good move for tanks in WOW pvp?
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=46949
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=1022

Just sayin'

Other than that, they can somewhat peel to some extent.

Tanks are already retarded (Blood dk for example)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I don't know what you are really trying to say but it sounds bad. Tanks shouldn't be able to control who attacks whom in PVP. Blizzard doesn't really care about balancing tanks in PVP much anyway, sorry to say.
    Tanks shouldn't be able to directly control who attacks whom, but they should be able to influence who attacks whom. By putting a 30% DR buff on someone, you are encouraging the enemy to swap targets because their current target will be considerably harder to kill.

By giving a tank a buff to put on a friendly target that causes the tank to cause more damage when that specific target is hit, you are encouraging the enemy to change targets.

By giving a tank an ability which has an additional effect (stuns? roots? disarms?) on a target which is not currently targeting that tank, you are encouraging the enemy to attack the tank instead of someone else.

In no case is the enemy being FORCED to attack the tank - they're merely being encouraged to. This is really how tanks should function - their entire purpose is to play damage sponge, and abilities like this encourage the enemy to attack the tank while not robbing them of the ability to ignore the tank anyway.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    what he ment was.

TAUNT. when you get taunted you only deal xx% damage unless its the target that taunts you.

GAURD. you gaurd a friendly party member. to reduce there damage taken by xx%.

in warhammer online it was really worth to roll a tank.(but thay also had alot of other defence based buffs for there party)