• i dnt pvp so i dnt care

1 3.33%
  • maybe

1 3.33%
  • no

22 73.33%
    Deleted

is pvp dead in wow

is pvp dead what do yo uthink and im not talking about class imbalances.

i think pvp is dead because nobody is active in arenas, 2v2 doesnt have ratings rewards, random bg's are full of botters and the same with rated ones

Quote Originally Posted by DragonSoul View Post
    is pvp dead
    Hold on, let me check......

Nope, it's still going on.

It isn't dead and it keeps interfering with my PvE.
    This was what I thought about Locktanking before Scumbag Greg took it away

Envý - Kult der Schattenflamme

Deleted
    XD

no.10chars

From my PoV it seems like there's more pvp now than ever, my ques are way shorter. i almost never see the same person twice. and to be honest, from playing a hunter / dk / resto druid in pvp, all seems well with the world, cant say one clas is stupidly OP over the others.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not dead persay, but it's definitely injured from the atmosphere it had in bc and wotlk in terms of participation and effort. People just casually do points from 2s now to fully gear themselves while not even bothering to push 2200 outside of weapons. Which causes the ladder to crumble from the bottom just dropping out from taking a beating too many times.

INB4 Lock of completely pointless thread? :/

Kaeja - Stormrage
    // Thanks to maybenotquiteasheavy for the Signature & Avatar! //

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siberia View Post
    INB4 Lock of completely pointless thread? :/
    Remember to report threads. There's only 1 mod for the forum because the other, psychotically active mod was kicked because he didn't play nice with the other mods.

OT: No, not really. Though I suspect there's 450k+ less people playing the game right now, which is like 25% of the US population.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

10+ Year Old Account
    The question that you should be asking is:
    "Is Blizzards PvP playable for the masses?"

That answer is No.
    PvP is still alive, but current game and all of cataclysm, wotlk, bc, vanilla, WoW has had a track record of worst PvP experience of all current MMO's.
    They have a horrible philosophy of how PvP when you look at classes.

PvP is an entirely different game from PvE.
    CC has been complained as the worst thing about PvP because it becomes play the class/comp and not play the game.
    No one likes to sit for 20 seconds doing nothing because 1 class can CC for 10-15 seconds with another class to add to it.

No one likes that Healers are "NOT ALLOWED" to be killed by a single dps that does everything right with the healer doing nothing right.
    A person with no PvP knowledge, never played the game, can play a healer in PvP and dominate the game with 5 years of pros attacking him.

PvP is all about classes doing what classes do.
    There is no reason for this type of PvP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalais View Post
    The question that you should be asking is:
    "Is Blizzards PvP playable for the masses?"

That answer is No.
    PvP is still alive, but current game and all of cataclysm, wotlk, bc, vanilla, WoW has had a track record of worst PvP experience of all current MMO's.
    They have a horrible philosophy of how PvP when you look at classes.
    Umm... Have you played them? SWTOR is still dominated by crazy OP classes, as is RIFT. WAR may have been the most ridiculously unbalanced game I've ever played ever against Bright Mages.

Rest are rubbish MMOs.

PvP is an entirely different game from PvE.
    CC has been complained as the worst thing about PvP because it becomes play the class/comp and not play the game.
    No one likes to sit for 20 seconds doing nothing because 1 class can CC for 10-15 seconds with another class to add to it.
    A.) It's 15 seconds and B.) DAoC was up to a minute.

No one likes that Healers are "NOT ALLOWED" to be killed by a single dps that does everything right with the healer doing nothing right.
    A person with no PvP knowledge, never played the game, can play a healer in PvP and dominate the game with 5 years of pros attacking him.
    Pure, incorrect, hyperbole.

PvP is all about classes doing what classes do.
    There is no reason for this type of PvP
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    Remember to report threads. There's only 1 mod for the forum(...)
    Thank you. Would've been fine if I were to be home but I was out so I've only had the chance to look at threads now.

Either way, it's not an appropriate topic for discussion, I don't think. PvP isn't "dead", and it's theoretically impossible for it to ever be dead so long as the game servers are still active.