How much haste for H spine?

How much haste do i need before i reforge to mastery for H spine.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't reforge. Just get the normal 30% haste (raid buffed) and then reforge for mastery. That goes for all bosses. If your group is having trouble getting the tendons down, you can reforge. But I doubt that it will be the difference maker. Aim for about 1 million each lift. If you aren't getting pretty close to that or over it, you're doing something wrong.
    www.mostlydead.enjin.com - We're recruiting!

Just did some attempts and was blowing everyone else away on tendon damage.

i never get why you just tell people roll for 30% haste, cant belive look at your haste rating youself instead of your raid buffed haste 30% >,<

anyway, im aiming for the VT'2 cap on spine, mostly since we dont have crit debuff on the group, so i cant really get my fiend rdy again for every tendon, if i dont have atleast some haste. If you have like for example a fire mage/lock and the 5% crit buff from rogue/feral/ ele shaman, the lower you can go in haste and the more in mastery. But stacking full out mastery is only good for tendon dps, since your damage on the hidious will the be lower, and the lower the hidious damage is the more bloods you can get, so its all a balance.

yeah I went for vtx2. We didn't really do many attempts, but i was averaging over 1 mill per burn, so 2 mil per tendon. Whats the norm for spriest on tendon damage?

Deleted
    Personally I just fully reforged to mastery/crit. The dps required for everything but the tendons is tiny and really should never be any issue. Crit is for reducing the cooldown on shadow fiend, which can be hard to get up for all tendons.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashforcash View Post
    i never get why you just tell people roll for 30% haste, cant belive look at your haste rating youself instead of your raid buffed haste 30% >,<

anyway, im aiming for the VT'2 cap on spine, mostly since we dont have crit debuff on the group, so i cant really get my fiend rdy again for every tendon, if i dont have atleast some haste.
    I tell people 30% haste because otherwise you have to say aim for XXX haste rating if you are a priest without DI, aim for XXX if you are a priest with DI, aim for XXX if you are Goblin priest without DI... ect...

It is 30% raid buffed. Regardless of any other factors or beliefs you might have that is generally the best number for the DS raid with an exception being Heroic Warmaster. But still, not really a big deal. As far as reforging to worry about DPS on the Amalgamations, if you think the time that you save by reforging for that will save you the fight (maybe 2 seconds at best?), then go for it. But I'd wager my life that the difference will always be execution of the tanks on bloods, healers on the rolls and nuclears and damage dealers on the tendon burns.

However, if your choice is between doing full damage on the amalgamation or getting your shadowfiend back up for the next tendon burn, choose the full dps on the amalg. But only if your group got the tendon below 40% on the first pass.
    www.mostlydead.enjin.com - We're recruiting!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vraie View Post
    That does not bode well for your group.
    I sit around 22-23 mastery in my spine set - with bottled wishes for additional SP during the burns - and the only people who beat me are our legendary fire mage (and that depends on his crits) and our legendary rogue (and I beat him a couple times before he finished his legendaries) - all other specs I can lead by a good margin consistently if I have my cooldowns up for every burn. Shadow is the third highest burst class for tendon damage only behind rogues / mages.

Also if you'd like - here is our first H Spine kill from Shadow PoV! ^^

http://youtu.be/bNv0JRugmF8

Edit: Be sure to watch it in 1080p for prettiness!
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter