10+ Year Old Account

Join us in our next Weekend Pass

Well if you missed the previous two, here is another chance for you to try TOR.

From: http://www.swtor.com/news/%5Bnews-category%5D/20120404

In March, thousands of people began their personal Star Wars™ saga by taking part in the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Weekend Pass Free* Trial! We want to thank everyone who has taken part in the program so far, and we want to continue allowing those of you who are curious about the game to have the chance to try The Old Republic™ for yourselves. That is why we are happy to announce that BioWare and LucasArts will be holding a third Weekend Pass Free Trial this weekend!

This Weekend Pass Free Trial will take place from Thursday, April 5th at 12:01AM CDT / 5:01AM GDT and concludes on Monday, April 9th at 2:00AM CDT / 7:00AM GMT. Players will be able to download the game client as soon as this Weekend Pass begins, and new players will be able to register up until 2:00AM CDT on Sunday, April 8th.
    • Just like our previous Weekend Pass Free Trials weekends in March:
    • There is no payment or credit card required.
    • You can play free for up to 4 full days (see detailed schedule below).
    • Your trial characters will be waiting for you to claim upon purchase of the game and redemption of the official Game Product Registration Code at the Code Redemption Center.
    • You will have the opportunity to experience the first fifteen levels of the game, explore the Origin Worlds for each of the eight character classes in the game, and maybe even visit your faction’s Capital World.
    • You will also have the chance to experience Player-vs-Player Warzones, or join up with friends to battle through one of the many Flashpoints in the game.
    As with our March Weekend Passes weekends, the April Weekend Pass Free Trial weekendswill only be available to individuals who haven’t taken part in any other free trials. To learn more, be sure to visit www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com/weekendpass, as well as our Weekend Pass Free Trial FAQ for more details.

Remember to check back to www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com, as well as our Facebook and Twitter for all the latest updates!

*TRIAL VALID ONLY FROM APRIL 5, 2012 12:01AM CDT/ 5:01AM GMT / 4:01PM EDT (AUSTRALIA) THROUGH APRIL 9, 2012 AT 2:00AM CDT/ 7:00AM GMT / 6:00 PM EDT. ONLY VALID FOR NEW STAR WARS™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™ (“PRODUCT”) ACCOUNTS NOT ENROLLED IN A PROMOTIONAL TRIAL FOR PRODUCT. UNUSED TRIAL TIME IS FORFEITED UPON REDEMPTION OF PRODUCT REGISTRATION CODE, PURCHASE OF PRODUCT SUBSCRIPTION, OR REDEMPTION OF A GAME TIME CARD CODE. VALID ONLY IN TERRITORIES WHERE STAR WARS™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™ IS DISTRIBUTED. OFFER MAY NOT BE SUBSTITUTED, EXCHANGED, SOLD OR REDEEMED FOR CASH OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES. CANNOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFER, GIFT CARD, REBATE OR OTHER DISCOUNT. LIMIT ONE OFFER PER ACCOUNT HOLDER.

ACCEPTANCE OF END USER ACCESS AND LICENSE AGREEMENT (“EUALA”), PERSISTENT INTERNET CONNECTION, AND ACCOUNT REGISTRATION REQUIRED TO PLAY. MUST BE 13+ TO REGISTER. AGREEMENT TO SHARE ACCOUNT INFORMATION WITH LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD. IS REQUIRED TO ACCESS GAMEPLAY. SEE EUALA FOR DETAILS. PRIVACY POLICY AND TERMS OF SERVICE AVAILABLE AT WWW.SWTOR.COM. ALLTERMS AND CONDITIONS TO PLAY THE GAME APPLY AT ALL TIMES.
    Is this going to become an every weekend sort of thing?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    The weekend passes and the friend must be working if they are continuing to push it. It won't really matter if they do it every week until the game goes offline as the characters are pretty well locked down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    The weekend passes and the friend must be working if they are continuing to push it. It won't really matter if they do it every week until the game goes offline as the characters are pretty well locked down.
    Isn't the "will only be available to individuals who haven’t taken part in any other free trials" a change though from the other trials? I thought it was only open to "new" accounts before now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Isn't the "will only be available to individuals who haven’t taken part in any other free trials" a change though from the other trials? I thought it was only open to "new" accounts before now.

Well it seems that would be easy to get around. A different e-mail address and bamm you can make a new account. So basically if you did a free trial once you can't do it on that account anymore so you're starting from scratch again with a new account/e-mail address.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Well it seems that would be easy to get around. A different e-mail address and bamm you can make a new account. So basically if you did a free trial once you can't do it on that account anymore so you're starting from scratch again with a new account/e-mail address.
    This right here. People can get around it, but I don't see the thrill in making different accounts because you'd just be repeating the same content over and over just to get to 15 is it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    This right here. People can get around it, but I don't see the thrill in making different accounts because you'd just be repeating the same content over and over just to get to 15 is it?
    Yup after the first trial you would think your mind would be made up one way or another. It just seems to be a promotion to attract new people who may have yet to try the game. I can't really see anything sinister beyond that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Yup after the first trial you would think your mind would be made up one way or another. It just seems to be a promotion to attract new people who may have yet to try the game. I can't really see anything sinister beyond that.
    Oh I don't think there is anything sinister involved. Beyond the whole brainwashing that makes us buy DLC's with our underwear on our heads, or maybe that's just me. I just seem to recall them saying that it was for new accounts only before but now its for any accounts that had not done a trial yet. So, in this case, it would include accounts which had been active before but not taken part in one of the previous "trials."

Looks like the FAQ is the same though.

What is the difference between the Friends of Star Wars: The Old Republic Trial and the Weekend Pass Free Trial?

The Friends of Star Wars: The Old Republic Trial is an opportunity offered to current and active players that have passed at least one billing cycle, to invite three (3) of their friends that have never played Star Wars: The Old Republic to participate in a seven (7)-day free trial. The Weekend Pass Free Trial is up to 4-days of free game play open anyone who has never had an active Game account.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-04-05 at 09:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, I guess the underwear on my head is the new "tinfoil hat" lolz. I wouldn't doubt it if we see after patch 1.2 drops a "come back to swtor" trial for a few days for people who canceled their subs for say at least 30 days or more. Not an uncommon thing sub based MMO's to do. As time goes on they "adjust" their trial programs.

Ahh! This is just what I needed. Thank you!