10+ Year Old Account

Isle of Conquest and the Horde

Has anyone else noticed that Horde seems to go to the east gate now with demolishers? A lot of the games I join people have this mentality to just to east and my question is why? In maybe half of my games we manage to take the docks after the Alliance initially get it which means we also get the glaives. Now if we are working on east side the glaives have to travel further to reach the gate than if we were attacking west side which is what we normally did.

So I ask has anyone else noticed it and if you are one of the people who go east then why do you do it?

Yeah because the air cannon only has a limited time it's able to attack the west gate, but maximum time on east gate, which is why we go there. Done deal, everyone is doing it right, be glad to be queued with competent people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you show a link stating it is broken? This is the first I have heard about it and no one has ever mentioned it in any of the games I have played, this is the first time hearing about this.

The Horde usually wins with this strat. Take Mid and Hangar blow E Gate with stealthies kill Glaives. Most wins Horde does not even try for Docks.

i actually noticed this strat fairly recently. i usually take the hanger rout into the base and it was maybe three months ago that people started bombing the east gate instead of the west gate.

i think the west gate bombing was from when we still could easily take docks and it would give glaives uptime on the gate. since every one has realized we can't realistically take docks in the initial rush people now realize how to utilize the hanger for its maximum advantage.

we almost never take docks at all. hence we need to use hanger, which we usually get, more strategically.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by Anthraxxxis View Post
    The Horde usually wins with this strat. Take Mid and Hangar blow E Gate with stealthies kill Glaives. Most wins Horde does not even try for Docks.
    Confirmed. It's getting frustraiting trying to convince alliance that actually mid and hangar combination is the safest way of wining this BG. Once in a blue moon horde have a bunch of retarded rogues/ferals and we win BG in few minutes, otherwise it's the same pattern of loosing to mid/hangar strategy. So OP just relax and have a good time playing BG the way it should be played.

Alliance gets Docks

Horde Gets Hangar

WS up for grabs, but not necessary to win.

--

The team with the fastest offense and able to kill the boss the fastest wins.

Glaives are KEY. If they are destroyed horde wins usually, if they aren't Alliance wins.

mikeydoes.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Play-Isle-of-Conquest-PvP-WoW-Farm-honor (Not the direct link, don't have enough posts.)

Deleted
    Alliance strategy always revolves around a glaive rush. (with glaives able to out range Horde cannons) They have the fastest run to cap the docks and always beat Horde there every time. For Alliance getting the workshop or hangar is always optional.

Horde for our part must win by 1 part defence (Killing the inevitable glaives) and 2 parts assault (demos outside, and using the hangar to break down from the inside)

To answer the question "why do Horde hit the east gate?" it comes down to a simple answer. The Alliance cannons have a hard time shooting them there due to blind spots, which means unless you are a class that can nuke from on high or the defenders come out to play., demos get a free run at the gate.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    if you have clever alliance groups youll never win,, ever... i see a lot of this nowadays > ally ALL go to docks, they wait, they send 3 people out in glaves to get the glaives killed. meanwhile horde have got hangar and workshop and think theyre doing brill bashing the enemy gate while horde gate is still 99% ;p "all boss now" is the yell I see time after time.... and then BOSH.. ally decide to come from the docks and spawn camp everyone for the next 10 mins ;p yey fun lol.. I just go hide when I see this is gonna happen lol.... but people still res and die, res and die over and over and over lol....
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

I've noticed that Horde have a disgustingly painful time actually being competent in IoC. The issue that has risen seems to be that a smaller group (probably 10 people max) actually go to the docks to cap because they know all the horde will be going WS and Hangar. With the majority of the alliance keeping the horde in a stalemate or, more likely, keeping most of them distracted as to actually grab WS and then quickly burn the rest of the horde away, it isn't surprising that the horde tend to fail here. Also, as mentioned earlier, the east gate is the ally base's most easily targetable gate by the gunship, plus it's near the gy so you can also camp the rezzing allies there.

People seem to have this mentality of an incompetent alliance in pvp, which is normally true, but for the 40-mans Horde is hopeless. I think on my horde pvp'er I've seen maybe 4 or 5 wins in AV and maybe 3 wins in IoC compared to the plethora of wins in... well... everything else.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

botters nothing new there IOC is like the main bot bg

I played various alliance characters in IoC this last weekend. I lost exactly one game.

The typical battle was: alliance gets docks unopposed, alliance fights horde at WS and takes it, horde grabs hangar. After that, various things could happen:

(1) The glaives don't get killed, so the alliance gets the west horde door down and wins.

(2) The glaives get killed. Alliance brings up demos and runs bombs (inside and outside), and beats the horde,

(3) Some alliance defense shuts down the horde parachute attack on the alliance keep, or at least slows it a lot.

Horde going after the east gate means they are running bombs past the alliance respawn point. This makes it easy to slow/snare/kill bomb runners. Not sure if it's a net negative or not, though.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by invader View Post
    if you have clever alliance groups youll never win,, ever... i see a lot of this nowadays > ally ALL go to docks, they wait, they send 3 people out in glaves to get the glaives killed. meanwhile horde have got hangar and workshop and think theyre doing brill bashing the enemy gate while horde gate is still 99% ;p "all boss now" is the yell I see time after time.... and then BOSH.. ally decide to come from the docks and spawn camp everyone for the next 10 mins ;p yey fun lol.. I just go hide when I see this is gonna happen lol.... but people still res and die, res and die over and over and over lol....
    That sounds like an HK farm tactic, not on used in randoms.