Deleted

Help shadow dps pls

Hi pls can sbdy help me, i posted everything yesterday in sticky thread "fix my dps thread"... But no reply, im havin raid on weekend and i would like to perform better.. if sbdy can be so kind... Thx a lot.

---------- Post added 2012-04-06 at 02:33 AM ----------

hi, pls can u help me? im rly disgusted from my dps, used to play shadow during FL... even with 381eq i had better dmg than now.. i know the rotation, reforges etc. i play SP/holy/disco as alt for 3years... actualy maybe i missed somethin, cuz its my 5th alt now or i dunno but my dps rly sucks...

ilvl: 397
    Expectations: just do normal avg dps, even with my blood dk as tank on ultrax i do more dmg (like 32k...)
    Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/drakthul/Ouwe/advanced
    Worldoflogs: here

thx for help

edit: i got lower dot uptime due to stacking aa with shadowfiend and doin ms/mb rotation for that while... i read its better for dps...
    and on training dummy i do like 22-24k selfbuffed.. i feel its low too for my ilvl, but dunno what is wrong.. as i said, during FL times, i was one of the best dps even when compared to better geared SP and other classes..
    Last edited by mmoc30bbabf1b8; 2012-04-05 at 10:14 PM.

Basically, that's exactly where you should be. You're doing well for your gear.

Rotation is solid. as is uptime.

The problem, is your buffs. The fact that you just dont have them.
    You're missing both spell power buffs. 6% and 10%, (no warlock, no mage) your group is not caster friendly. And by the looks of it your shaman runs ench so, he doesnt even have access to the totem to provide these buffs (afaik, ive never played a shaman, but from what ive been told, its in the ele tree)

You might see a benefit from switching about 150ish mastery over to haste, to hit the next breakpoint, but as you're missing arcane brilliance, totemic wrath and Dark intent. To increase your dps as far as getting a better raid makeup, replacing one of the hunters with either a mage or a warlock would be beneficial to you, but honestly, you'd probably see an overall group dps drop in doing so unless they can pull mad numbers, (fire mage prob could match a hunter if they're geared, but a warlock would be hurting.)

Looking a little furthar through your logs there,

You need to change your talents a bit, you're specc'd into pvp talents (reduced healing debuff after MB). There's only one boss that heals in DS, and 10% reduced healing (100k at best) isnt gonna be worth losing 2% of your dmg.

Also, looks like several of the fights you're not using SW that much under 25% and instead choosing to pop your MS rotation during that time, I find that if i start using that cooldown around the 30% mark it ends up timing it better, as SW rotation as soon as it ends provides a nice dps boost as is. That way you'll spend more time overall in cooldown phases.

Blackhorn you should be pulling a lot more as well, That fight i'm usually the first one on the dmg meters by being able to dot up the drakes as they fly by initially, and then keeping dots on 4 targets almost the entire fight, i usually top the charts in gear very close to yours on that fight. (obviously buffs will still make a difference here). Just for refrence here's my most recent log. and armory link. I may be logged out in my disc pvp gear right now, but i'm using 399 shadow normally

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/laughing-skull/Nestar/advanced

ultra: worldoflogs.com/reports/xik3khnhq7ueqof2/sum/damageDone/?s=20740&e=21071
    warmaster: worldoflogs.com/reports/xik3khnhq7ueqof2/sum/damageDone/?s=21311&e=21613
    Last edited by Nestar; 2012-04-08 at 06:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post

You need to change your talents a bit, you're specc'd into pvp talents (reduced healing debuff after MB). There's only one boss that heals in DS, and 10% reduced healing (100k at best) isnt gonna be worth losing 2% of your dmg
    huh, dont ubderstand this... i got talent improved mb which is reducing cd on my mb by 1.5sec, thats the point and as bonus i got reduced healing done debuf dont see any other talent that can add 2% of dps.. as u wrote.

anyway thx for reply and ppl im runnin with... it would be nice but im just pugging with my priest so i cannot choose who the people in pug will be

get the addon shadowtimers

Deleted
    Already have him like for one year, my rotation is right if u had look on my logs...

My bad, not sure why i was thinking the stun talent for MB rather than the healing debuff one.
    Brain fart or something..

Either way, you're specced into Psychic Horror (which does absolutely no good in pve, aside from the uber rare situational trash mob).

Personally I use this talent towards Inner Sanctum for reduced spell dmg taken.

Like I said earlier though, your rotation is pretty solid, that was my one nitpick. Without proper buffs, I honestly can't see you improving much in the same gear.